1. Post #201
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
       So Rick is now a badass blood thirsty killer.
    Carl is becoming soulless, like in the comic.
    They're probably going to leave the farm soon. 

Things are looking up.

Unless Lori ruins it all...Fucking hate Lori.
       appearntly they're still at the farm until the season finale   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #202
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts
    Oh yeah
    Kinda funny that I forgot about it, since    They basically proved it by shooting the fat guy twice   
    She didn't die yet though
    (TV spoilers)    Why are you saying he was shot twice. He was shot three times. I dunno I just get really angry every time I see twice.   

Edited:

I still don't see the logic in that because being bitten still makes you die and come back.
    Yes, so will    being shot or stabbed, or dying any other way. If your brain can still function you become a zombie when you die, it's as simple as that.   

Edited:

The thing I hate most about the show is how they adamantly call the zombies "Walkers." I prefer the comics "Lurkers," and "Roamers," but even then there's a lot of variety. They've even called them zombies at one point in the comics. In the show it's just walker walker walker. Most annoying line ever is when Maggie is talking to Glenn "You're wocker bait." With that accent of hers it made it so annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,708 Posts
    I still don't see the logic in that because being bitten still makes you die and come back.
       It's not the bite that turns you. The bite gives you a fever that eventually, will kill you. THEN, the reanimation begins, after you have died. Everyone is already infected. You can fall in a staircase and break you neck, and then come back as a walker to.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,492 Posts
    Damn Lame Brains.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,874 Posts
       It's not the bite that turns you. The bite gives you a fever that eventually, will kill you. THEN, the reanimation begins, after you have died. Everyone is already infected. You can fall in a staircase and break you neck, and then come back as a walker to.   
    I was always under the impression in most forms of conventional zombie media that the fever you get is a direct effect of the virus having its way with your body so it can assume control over your motor functions. And I don't know why you're spoiler-tagging that, it's not anything that's actually been confirmed in the show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,908 Posts
    I was always under the impression in most forms of conventional zombie media that the fever you get is a direct effect of the virus having its way with your body so it can assume control over your motor functions. And I don't know why you're spoiler-tagging that, it's not anything that's actually been confirmed in the show.

I think they're going with original Romero Night of the Living Dead zombie mechanics. And also    that's how they work in the comics   . (comic spoiler)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #207
    THE MOON ... BEAU TIFUL
    June 2006
    1,143 Posts
    They have clearly established how zombification works in the comics.

Comic spoilers
    http://puu.sh/gVUd
    http://puu.sh/gVUi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

8. Post #208
    July 2007
    748 Posts
    Spoilers. Spoilers everywhere.

I think I'm done with this thread, there's always one faggot who doesn't spoiltag something.

Then again, maybe I should start reading the comics. Hmm. Yep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    923 Posts
    ugh i came into a thread about a show and people are talking about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

10. Post #210
    July 2007
    748 Posts
    ugh i came into a thread about a show and people are talking about it
    That directed at me? Sorry for hating retards that post comic spoiler bullshit. I've already had a few things ruined. Yeah, I did come into this thread about a show. Not see an idiot post comic spoilers with no tag.

If I knew that absolutely everyone would spoiltag everything then I'd gladly stay, unfortunately there's always going to be idiots who blatantly post a comic spoiler.

It's just that when this is in the film and television section that's what I expect, Facepunch needs a comic forum/sub-forum or something, this thread is just too unsafe for someone like me.

I'm not trying to sound like an asshole towards you or anything, don't get me wrong, just explaining myself.

If I accidentally clicked a spoiler, then it's my fault, but when someone just clearly post a comic spoiler, no tag, then that is what pisses me off.

11. Post #211
    THE MOON ... BEAU TIFUL
    June 2006
    1,143 Posts
    Spoilers. Spoilers everywhere.

I think I'm done with this thread, there's always one faggot who doesn't spoiltag something.

Then again, maybe I should start reading the comics. Hmm. Yep.
    I highly recommend reading the comics to anyone who is enjoying the show. The show is very loosely based on the them so it stays fresh even if you know the outcome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #212
    July 2007
    748 Posts
    Alright, cool, I've been wanting to check them out.

At least then this thread won't be like walking around in a minefield :S

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,971 Posts
        Bite is just poisonous, it makes you die, so the virus can take control   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    September 2009
    2,258 Posts
    all the women on this show suck except maggie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,971 Posts
    all the women on this show suck except maggie
    Comic is the exact opposite
    Glenn and Maggie are probably the worst comic characters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,708 Posts
    I just hate how Andrea is portrayed in comparison to the comic, lost so much awesomeness
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,346 Posts
    I just hate how Andrea is portrayed in comparison to the comic, lost so much awesomeness
       Well, to be fair she didn't go full badass till about the prison as I recall. She's got some time to catch up, especially with the rate the show is going along at...   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #218
    September 2008
    2,402 Posts
       Well, to be fair she didn't go full badass till about the prison as I recall. She's got some time to catch up, especially with the rate the show is going along at...   
       With her latest accident, she might want to go full badass soon   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    I just want zombies to overrun the farm now and half the shitty characters die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    Season 2 episode 8 full episode on AMC's site.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...e-walking-dead

Also, I was surprised with this episode, I really liked it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #221
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    Video to the recent episode's ending
       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxVgihOTKzE   

I want to watch it over and over again.
    Sooo good, and tense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,180 Posts
    This is just speculation, but here's my guess for the finale:    Walkers end up finding the farm somehow, swarm it and our heroes have to flee. I put my money on the Greene family getting killed, with the exception of Maggie who will probably end up as part of the main cast. I have a feeling Shane will die as well. If not him then Carol.   
    I read a spoiler thing back at the end of the first half, saying    Shane would be killed by Dale   .

Also, on a re-watch of that video,    Rick kills the first guy with a headshot, then subdues the fat guy with the two shots, but clearly finishes him with a headshot. Perhaps Jenner did tell him to make sure to shoot in the head even if alive, but I don't think that was the case.   

23. Post #223
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts
    Uh I love Glenn and Maggie in the comics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #224
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    You're funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    Just watched all of the episodes from the beginning in 2 days. Great TV show so far. Waiting for new episode this Sunday.

26. Post #226
    June 2009
    3,414 Posts
    Episode 8 end spoiler
       I didn't want Tony and Steve or whatever their names were to die so fast. I wanted to see how they got there and so on.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #227
    December 2009
    3,695 Posts
    kill everyone except Rick and i'll watch it again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

28. Post #228
    Ep 8 was pretty damn good.

Bit shit how that chick had the car crash and that was the end of it, at least show a little bit of whats happening at the end.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,970 Posts
    Episode 8 end spoiler
       I didn't want Tony and Steve or whatever their names were to die so fast. I wanted to see how they got there and so on.   
    Well in the next episode    the rest of their group apparently attacks Rick, Hershel and Glenn, so maybe one of them ends up getting captured or something and we find out.   

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,874 Posts
        Bite is just poisonous, it makes you die, so the virus can take control   

That makes it sound like the zombies carry two viruses. I'm not arguing that it's not the way they're handling the concept (I haven't read the comics), it just seems a little bit convoluted to me. So the virus doesn't just reanimate people, it also causes them to either secrete deadly chemicals that weren't present in their body before, or generate a secondary virus used just for the sole purpose of putting people down.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    8,083 Posts
    Episode 8 was pretty good. Especially the ending. I do fear two things though.    The barn shootout could indeed be heard by few walkers and then the burning of the bodies. True, they didn't do it at night but it was a bit big.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #232
    THE MOON ... BEAU TIFUL
    June 2006
    1,143 Posts
       That makes it sound like the zombies carry two viruses. I'm not arguing that it's not the way they're handling the concept (I haven't read the comics), it just seems a little bit convoluted to me. So the virus doesn't just reanimate people, it also causes them to either secrete deadly chemicals that weren't present in their body before, or generate a secondary virus used just for the sole purpose of putting people down.   
    Imagine how many diseases a walking corpse is infested with. Now imagine getting all of them into your bloodstream. It's not the zombie virus that kills at all.

One could argue that a fresh zombie doesn't have any diseases yet, but then you're honestly looking to hard into it. It's fiction after all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,874 Posts
    Imagine how many diseases a walking corpse is infested with. Now imagine getting all of them into your bloodstream. It's not the zombie virus that kills at all.

One could argue that a fresh zombie doesn't have any diseases yet, but then you're honestly looking to hard into it. It's fiction after all.
    Yeah it's not really worth it to mull over every little detail in zombie fiction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #234
    June 2009
    3,414 Posts
    The show should be called The Walking Lamebrains.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    When episode 8 was recorded it cut off the next episode preview, there a video of it?

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,285 Posts
    Couldn't people make a different thread for the discussion of the comic?
    It gets really fucking hard to distinguish spoilers between the current episode and the spoilers from people who have read the comic. I mean, this thread is for the discussion of the Tv series. As someone who has not yet had the time to read the comic, it sucks ass to accidentally read someone spoiling something from the comic in the thread about the television series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,736 Posts
    [COMIC SPOILERS FOR THE TV SERIES]    Dammit, Lori. Don't die. You aren't supposed to die, yet. Fuck you, Lori, you're supposed to be part of the whole "everything is lost" catastrophe when the Governor returns and fucks every goddamn thing up in the prison. Also, I feel like the ending line to Season 2 is "WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD."   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #238
    THE MOON ... BEAU TIFUL
    June 2006
    1,143 Posts
    [COMIC SPOILERS FOR THE TV SERIES]    Dammit, Lori. Don't die. You aren't supposed to die, yet. Fuck you, Lori, you're supposed to be part of the whole "everything is lost" catastrophe when the Governor returns and fucks every goddamn thing up in the prison. Also, I feel like the ending line to Season 2 is "WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD."   
       I highly doubt she's going to die, as she is much more important to the story than Sofia was. It's probably just another plot device.   

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,474 Posts
    Couldn't people make a different thread for the discussion of the comic?
    It gets really fucking hard to distinguish spoilers between the current episode and the spoilers from people who have read the comic. I mean, this thread is for the discussion of the Tv series. As someone who has not yet had the time to read the comic, it sucks ass to accidentally read someone spoiling something from the comic in the thread about the television series.
    Agreed, I don't even expect people to have to spoiler tag stuff from the latest episode, as I know if I go in the thread there's going to be discussion about it. But when I click a spoiler and get the plot ruined by some asshat who couldn't take the extra 2 seconds to warn that it was a comic spoiler, I'm not a happy man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #240
    June 2010
    825 Posts
    2nd half of season 2 will be spent searching for Lori.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)