1. Post #41
    January 2012
    359 Posts
    oh yeah, the one in Jersey, my bad it sounded like someone was describing the same site.

And Concur, be careful. That area has some dickhead cops and uptight ass nosy neighbors. I've been harassed there a few times for no good reason, I can't even imagine what would happen if they got me trespassing. Mullica on the other hand is hardly patrolled.

Idk if you read this recent article, (In reference to the Lenox China building)
    http://galloway.patch.com/articles/g...in-early-march

2. Post #42
    May 2011
    261 Posts
    Oh man, thanks a lot.

I leave in Ontario, this will pretty much come in VERY handy for me.

3. Post #43
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Idk if you read this recent article, (In reference to the Lenox China building)
    http://galloway.patch.com/articles/g...in-early-march

:|

oh shit lol.

I guess we'll park in the railway again next time, and convince my friend not to do anger donuts in the back lot >.>

4. Post #44
    STOMBS
    December 2009
    698 Posts

Looks gross, can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #45

6. Post #46
    STOMBS
    December 2009
    698 Posts
    Know any in Saskatchewan?
    http://www.uer.ca/locations/newlist....e=Saskatchewan

Out of all of them, I'd definitely recommend this one if you're nearby, be sure you bring the right equipment though.
    http://www.uer.ca/locations/show.asp?locid=23608

7. Post #47

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    http://www.uer.ca/locations/newlist....e=Saskatchewan

Out of all of them, I'd definitely recommend this one if you're nearby, be sure you bring the right equipment though.
    http://www.uer.ca/locations/show.asp?locid=23608
    Ah, Uranium City is hours away from me. People still live there, though I believe It's less than 100 population. I only know this because my friend moved there (I'm not sure why)

Edited:

There is absolutely no summer road access. There are some extremely rough winter roads that include ice roads. They are only open for a couple months a year during the coldest part of winter. I would recommend a rather large 4*4 to get there in the winter. It also takes about 15 - 20 hours of continuous difficult driving to get there from Prince Albert.
    Definitely can't go

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,115 Posts
    -snip-

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,115 Posts
    -snippity snip-

10. Post #50
    June 2011
    325 Posts
    I don't really have any spare time, but I've always been interested in this kind of exploration. Just looking at the pictures is cool and I can't imagine what kind of awesome it would be to actually do it. Does anybody know of any good places in Western MA? Not really an urban area, but I still think there could be potential, although I don't really know where to start looking. Thoughts?

11. Post #51
    November 2011
    703 Posts
    I don't really have any spare time, but I've always been interested in this kind of exploration. Just looking at the pictures is cool and I can't imagine what kind of awesome it would be to actually do it. Does anybody know of any good places in Western MA? Not really an urban area, but I still think there could be potential, although I don't really know where to start looking. Thoughts?
    Monroe Massachusetts has the John Ramage Paper Mill, which looks like it might be interesting. From what I've heard the police monitor it pretty closely however. Where in Western MA exactly? You could also go check out the Hoosac Tunnel, which isn't too far from Monroe.

12. Post #52
    June 2011
    325 Posts
    Monroe Massachusetts has the John Ramage Paper Mill, which looks like it might be interesting. From what I've heard the police monitor it pretty closely however. Where in Western MA exactly? You could also go check out the Hoosac Tunnel, which isn't too far from Monroe.
    I'm right around Amherst and Springfield. It's mostly foresty places, which makes me skeptical about the possibility of good urbex places. That, combined with my total lack of gear and free time, is what's keeping me from really pursuing this. But I think it would be good to have a few of these places on record in case I decide to do it in the future.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,393 Posts
    Me and a friend are going to try to get into urbex next month. It's not going to be a long time thing, just for next month and that's it. But neither of us know much about what to plan for. Can anyone give us tips, or show us some sites/resources that may help us out?

14. Post #54
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Argh! Returned to the factory with a group of friends who just graduated highschool, Door was locked and all the lower windows were boarded up with plywood.

Rest well sweet prince ;_;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Well Rolled
    July 2006
    746 Posts
    Does anyone know of any abandoned spots in British Columbia (preferably closer to the west-side/vancouver area)? I'm here for a month and I want something interesting to do!

Edited:

Argh! Returned to the factory with a group of friends who just graduated highschool, Door was locked and all the lower windows were boarded up with plywood.

Rest well sweet prince ;_;
    Y'know they made crowbars for a reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    I actually thought about it, just bring a battery drill and unscrew a fucking piece of plywood, and hope they didnt update the security system lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,115 Posts

Pyestock Airhouse control room.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    5,311 Posts
    I know this little place near a Church, which use to be a boy scouts hall, it is closed, I want to go exploring there, I do not know what to do to avoid getting caught. And what should I take besides Water, Torch and a Camera? Oh and mobile.

19. Post #59
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    Turners Falls, a village in Montague, has a bunch of old factory buildings by the river.

20. Post #60
    Hello everyone! I would like you to know that I am not a fan of nudity!!!
    May 2009
    6,575 Posts
    I know one of the cardinal rules of urbex is "leave nothing but footprints" etc etc, but would it still be bad if one were to leave something nice, say, a large box filled with kitkats?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,115 Posts
    I know one of the cardinal rules of urbex is "leave nothing but footprints" etc etc, but would it still be bad if one were to leave something nice, say, a large box filled with kitkats?
    I agree.
    The picker inside me goes nuts when i see stuff while urbexing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #62
    Hello everyone! I would like you to know that I am not a fan of nudity!!!
    May 2009
    6,575 Posts
    I agree.
    The picker inside me goes nuts when i see stuff while urbexing.
    Picker? huh?
    Also what do you mean you agree?

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,115 Posts
    Picker? huh?
    Also what do you mean you agree?
    Sorry i was high off my ass when i left that message. I obviously didn't read what you posted properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    April 2006
    109 Posts
    Anyone know any spots near Stockholm?

25. Post #65
    Unbanned because of cupcakes!
    April 2005
    1,207 Posts

This was a picture I took of an old abandoned building in a shitty town near my area. I am planning on exploring it a bit sometime, but I don't really know what kind of gear to bring and what not.

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,969 Posts
    There's actually very little to explore around here in southern California (at least the Irvine/Newport area, might head up to LA at some point for real abandoned buildings). The only thing we managed to find so far are a set of abandoned rail road tracks that curve through what are now industrial buildings and some office buildings. We got stopped by some cops because there were a bunch of burglaries in the area recently and we looked pretty suspicious. They were pretty nice though, let us go after taking our information down and searching us (and my camera bag) even though one of us was still 17 and we were out past curfew by an hour.

Got some cool shots (some of which I had to save in RAW format and digitally increase the exposure/light fill, since my camera's flash wasn't travelling far enough), but by no means threadworthy:

Edited:

I'm going to be in the Troy, NY area in the fall for college (RPI). Anyone know of any cool spots over there?

27. Post #67
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,767 Posts
    So I live in Bournemouth and I was wondering how to find places for this, I mean most of the accessible town is renovated/used up

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,115 Posts
    I updated the OP.
    That is all

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    I'm planning on going here at some point in the next few weeks. The Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

30. Post #70
    August 2012
    41 Posts
    too bad connecticut has barely any good urbex like russia :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,804 Posts
    I'm planning on going here at some point in the next few weeks. The Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas.

Hey, let me know when you decide to go. I live in Texas and I might be able to tag along if that'd be alright with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

32. Post #72
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,767 Posts
    Can't find any locations, I live in a seaside resort town. Any ideas as to where I should look?

33. Post #73
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,896 Posts
    Anyone know any places near Seattle I could urbex? I wanna get into this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,312 Posts
    There is an old morgue close to my town. Should I go with a camera or simply with a bunch of high people who get scared because there might be ghosts etc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    I hate the lack of explorable buildings at my home. When I was really young I always sneaked into buildings and constructions with some pals of mine. It was really great, although the place were never really abandoned. Once we even managed to get into an fully working office from a construction site on. That was really a major flaw in the security, if some teenagers could get into this.

My homecountry, Luxembourg, is really small and nearly every usable space is being used for constructions and whatnot. So you never really have old buildings standing around. Although there are tons of awesome bunkers and shelters from World War II.

Also I study in Tyrol in Austria, but I live in a large town. The issue there is that the whole sourroundings is consisted by large mountains and forests. Nothing more so here you have nothing to look at.

36. Post #76
    July 2010
    2,799 Posts
    Anyone know any places near Seattle I could urbex? I wanna get into this.
    No.1 No asking for locations/leads/rumours
    God. Stop breaking the spotlight forum rules, Raijin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

37. Post #77
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Well, the last time I went home during holidays, 3 friends, my girlfriend and I investigated a abandoned house in the countryside. There are many rumors that it is haunted, some friends of mine went there and claimed that after parking near the house. The car had fingerprints all over it and such, I do not really believe him but still.

Well we went during night and we did not exactly know how to get there, so we were equiped with our flashlights and investigated. We went into a forest and discovered something really odd. Unfortunately I have no pictures of it.

Anyway we discovered an old gate that was half broken and locked with a simply metalpole that was bent around. It looked fairly odd, there was simply a rectangle of forest on a field, the only somewhat clear entrance was that gate. It was very hard to see through that small bit of forest, the trees and hedges were to dense. Anyway we tried to find light the place up with your flashlights and we saw a fucking door right in the middle of that rectangular forest.

We were scared shitless, because it was so fucking creepy. There were also tons of noises around, boars and deers are often a common sight. Well we opened the gate but we did not manage to penetrate the woods, also somehow our batteries went low and well without light, we were pretty much fucked.

Also a friend and my girlfriend claimed to have seen red eyes that simply vanished after a lightening the area around it. Well it was certainly weird that night.

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,992 Posts
    I wish we had more buildings like this in Canberra. I used to live in an old goldmining Boom-town. It was fucking awesome. There was abandoned Gas-Works from the 1800's, old mining equipment lying around in huge sheds just outside of town, in the middle of the bush. It was fucking amazing, but then we moved here when i was 12, so i never got to experience that.

39. Post #79
    A six sided fish cube of the Flounder variety
    March 2010
    3,225 Posts
    Going to check out this place soon.

Forest Haven Asylum, Maryland USA. My research so far says that some fucked up stuff happened here. Experiments with kids and brain surgery. People apparently try not to remove paperwork, so records can still be found of the fucked up stuff that happened. Some of the ground level shots I've found prove promising.

Any advice, or stories?
    Also, my buddy is going to record this, so I'll be sure to post a video.

Mostly, I'm interested in hearing if anyone has been here and could give me a little more insight into the condition of the buildings, security, ect. Just doing my research.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

40. Post #80
    October 2009
    9,965 Posts
    while i cant say i knew what i was doing, back in the 90s when i was like 10ish my dad used to drag me around everywhere because survayed for potential locations for family dollar stores, anyway, they tend to put them in the creepiest most abandoned hellholes out there. ive seen tons of abandoned malls, discos, bowling alleys, bars, even a few blockbusters (those were funny stories....) all i can say is old freight convayerbelts are fun to ride on, this was years ago though, i didnt know it was a hobby today.

one i remember particularly though was this blockbuster looking place in detroit, it had been so mouse infested that they gased the place, and gess who was the first to go in once it was safe, <--- this guy, anyway imagine a blockbuster, empty with no shelves, with litteraly swiss cheese walls, thousands of holes in the drywall and probably close to a thousand dead mice everywhere. images like that kinda stuck with me after all these years. i also remember an abandoned mall where we were able to run around and jump in the empty fountains and nobody was around

one of these days when im on break i should go urbexing in the old schools around my home, the school district i went to was originaly like 20 k-12 schools, and theres still 4-5 still standing abandoned and probably unowned because they closed the last of them in 2005 and sold them in 2006 to developers but then the housing market crashed and so did the growth in my tiny town
    really looking for a late 1960s fallout shelter sign
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)