1. Post #41
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,436 Posts
    You said not to request any more weapons, but do you mind if I ask which if any you plan to do next?

2. Post #42
    March 2010
    2,470 Posts
    Would you mind If I ask, how did you port the model? I was trying to port some stuff using PoE2 tools, but it fails (p4f .con files differ from bf2 ones). Is there any other solution than just riping the models?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    June 2010
    398 Posts
    I like how the weapons are re-modeled and much higher quality than MOH and BF2 ones. Good work DICE, good work Ilwrath.
    Actually, some of the weapons are ripped from BF:BC2. An example would be the AN-94, because in both BFBC2 and Battlefield Play 4 Free, the charging handle is on the incorrect side of the weapon. Same goes for the M16A2 and maybe a few other weapons.

4. Post #44
    March 2010
    2,470 Posts
    Still nobody answered my question about porting these models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45

February 2009
    126 Posts
    Still nobody answered my question about porting these models.
    I was wondering about the same thing.
    The last thing I've tried was a combination of BFMeshView and PoE2 tools.
    1) Extract any weapon's folder from BF2 (any weapon, really) to wherever you want;
    2) Open the model you want from BFP4F (e.g. LMG_PKM.bundledmesh) in BFMeshView and re-save it as .bundledmesh, but save it over the BF2 model you extracted (e.g. US_RIF_M4A1.bundledmesh);
    3) Open the re-saved model in 3ds Max using PoE2 tools. The names of surfaces are incorrect, but at least you'll get separated LODs. The only problem I found at this stage is that the parts are still out of place, so putting them back in the correct place might be a pain in the ass if you have a lot of weapons to do that.

Edit: by the way, you do not need to flip the textures if you follow these steps.

So, basically, that's where I stopped. I need to find a way to automatically put the moving parts on the correct positions.

6. Post #46

February 2009
    126 Posts
    How can I put those parts back in the original and correct place?
    It might be a pain in the ass if you have to do it manually, weapon by weapon (especially if you're a perfectionist).

I checked a lot of P4F's files for coordinates, tried to play P4F's animations too and some other things, but no luck.

Thanks...

7. Post #47
    January 2010
    123 Posts
    How can I put those parts back in the original and correct place?
    It might be a pain in the ass if you have to do it manually, weapon by weapon (especially if you're a perfectionist).
    I checked a lot of P4F's files for coordinates, tried to play P4F's animations too and some other things, but no luck.
    Thanks...
    Just a shot in the dark, have you tried the 'align' tool in Max?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    January 2012
    29 Posts
    can upload the weapon pack in obj o 3ds format???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    March 2010
    2,470 Posts
    I think I will download P4F to port some weapons.

Also, moving the parts to fit isn't too hard if you know what you're doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #50

February 2009
    126 Posts
    Hmmm, my Max isn't installed; I haven't tried the align tool.
    @Trek: it can be annoying if you intend to port almost every weapon in the game and, like I said, if you are alse a perfectionist. :P

11. Post #51
    January 2010
    123 Posts
    Anyone know the terms for re-release with these?

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,035 Posts
    Anyone know the terms for re-release with these?
    Tbh, I'd prefer if you didn't.

Also, guys, this isn't a help thread for porting stuff from BF P4F, it's a release thread.

13. Post #53

February 2009
    126 Posts

Also, guys, this isn't a help thread for porting stuff from BF P4F, it's a release thread.
    Well, if you could help me by replying the PM, I'd be grateful.

14. Post #54
    January 2010
    123 Posts
    Does that go for re-releasing the whole pack in this form (which would be pretty stupid in the first place) or releasing compiles of them (which is what I was referring to before)?

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,035 Posts
    Does that go for re-releasing the whole pack in this form (which would be pretty stupid in the first place) or releasing compiles of them (which is what I was referring to before)?
    I'd prefer if you didn't release any re-compiles or such of them. I'm not going to straight out tell you no, but I'd prefer if you didn't. If you really, really have to, I'm not going to stop you.

Well, if you could help me by replying the PM, I'd be grateful.
    TBH, I'm not really that interested in helping anyone port from the game currently, I'm busy enough with other stuff as it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    January 2010
    123 Posts
    I'd prefer if you didn't release any re-compiles or such of them. I'm not going to straight out tell you no, but I'd prefer if you didn't. If you really, really have to, I'm not going to stop you.
    That's extremely nice of you to answer in such a manner, yet unfortunate as I would like to get my G3A4 out.

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,035 Posts
    That's extremely nice of you to answer in such a manner, yet unfortunate as I would like to get my G3A4 out.
    I'm not going to stop you, like I said. The gun is G3A3 though, A4 is one with collapsible stock. Also, remember that the gun isn't supposed to be very shiny, like it currently is on yours.

18. Post #58
    January 2010
    123 Posts
    I'm not going to stop you, like I said. The gun is G3A3 though, A4 is one with collapsible stock. Also, remember that the gun isn't supposed to be very shiny, like it currently is on yours.
    I just didn't want to go against your wishes, is all. Anyway, thanks for the info about the G3; I'll correct my errors in a bit. The phong was totally just a personal thing, as I like everything shiny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59

February 2009
    126 Posts
    TBH, I'm not really that interested in helping anyone port from the game currently, I'm busy enough with other stuff as it is.
    Alright... not even a little hint on how to get the parts in the right position? I can handle the rest. Thanks.

20. Post #60
    July 2011
    43 Posts
    I like how the weapons are re-modeled and much higher quality than MOH and BF2 ones. Good work DICE, good work Ilwrath.
    Re-modeled??
    Nop, Are re-texture and new mag models only this :o

21. Post #61
    July 2011
    489 Posts
    Is there something wrong with the download? Everytime I click it, it just shows the download bar as a picture.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,035 Posts
    Is there something wrong with the download? Everytime I click it, it just shows the download bar as a picture.
    Odd, just tried it and it opened the download url in a new tab, just like it should. Direct link for you though: http://www.mediafire.com/?hb25kj5bulkgrj8
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    July 2011
    489 Posts
    Odd, just tried it and it opened the download url in a new tab, just like it should. Direct link for you though: http://www.mediafire.com/?hb25kj5bulkgrj8
    Thanks!

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,778 Posts
    For some reason, Z7IP is being an ass and refuses to work. I sound like an idiot, but anyone have an idea?

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,766 Posts
    Give WinRAR a try.

Link: http://www.win-rar.com/download.html

26. Post #66
    Zipgenius is free ,and doesn't have a trial period, it's free all the time

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,778 Posts
    Thanks man. This and the Mirror's Edge pack are both great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    106 Posts
    I've been searching for a decent, plain G3-model for ages!
    Good job!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Late Late x 6 (list)

29. Post #69
    November 2012
    17 Posts
    thank you very much for the Upload!

30. Post #70
    May 2013
    122 Posts
    FUCKIN AWESOME !!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Late Late x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71

January 2013
    5 Posts
    VERY GOOD!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    March 2010
    2,470 Posts
    What's with the Koreans bumping everything? Starcraft servers being shut down or what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,376 Posts
    In Korea late is early.

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,595 Posts
    Pity there's no info on how he did this - I'd like to port some stuff from Battlefield Heroes but I can't figure out a way to keep the bones and rigging.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    March 2010
    2,470 Posts
    Pity there's no info on how he did this - I'd like to port some stuff from Battlefield Heroes but I can't figure out a way to keep the bones and rigging.
    AFAIK BF Heroes runs on BF2142 engine, you might wanna look up tools for that.

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,595 Posts
    AFAIK BF Heroes runs on BF2142 engine, you might wanna look up tools for that.
    I'm aware of that and have a tool, but it only exports as an OBJ without any bones. To make things more complicated, the "default" poses for things like vehicles tend to have animating parts in weird places (for example, a boat's towing wheel shoved through the floor near the seat, well away from where it should be).

Also, even if I was good at rigging, my Maya 2012 doesn't seem to display bones anymore for some reason.

37. Post #77

August 2011
    109 Posts
    nICEEEEEEEEEE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)