1. Post #1
    Title says it all. What would be the best CMS to use for a webshop?

I've been thinking about Joomla, but it that really the best choice? I don't have any experience with this so I figured I'd just ask here.

One requirement: It must support Sisow, which is a dutch payment method. However, maybe I could make a plugin myself if there isn't already one.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,648 Posts
    Have you looked at this list? http://www.sisow.nl/algemeen/implementatie

3. Post #3
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,954 Posts
    If you have a decent enough server to host it on, I'd go for Magento. It has tons of feature but can be a little slow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

May 2011
    213 Posts
    PrestaShop looks like the best option there IMO. Magento is probably overkill for this scenario.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts

6. Post #6
    December 2008
    253 Posts
    I've being using OpenCart, I would definitely recommend it!

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    I've being using OpenCart, I would definitely recommend it!
    DaringCart is a fork of OpenCart.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,196 Posts
    Hey! I made most of the work for that!

Which is close to none, by the way, don't use DaringCart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    Hey! I made most of the work for that!

Which is close to none, by the way, don't use DaringCart.
    Yeah, I actually found it on your GitHub profile and thought "Hey! If StinkyJoe forked it, it must be good!"

10. Post #10

October 2010
    37 Posts
    Do not take a CMS from the internet.... Build your own !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

11. Post #11
    Do not take a CMS from the internet.... Build your own !
    That's what I did.
    ...you can guess how it ended up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #12

October 2010
    37 Posts
    Don't you have anyone in your envoirement to learn you? I had a student that could code PHP (MYSQL, Javascript) and worked with him for 2 years and learned everything he did now i can make functions, CMS, MVC's. Try to take every learning chance you can. But if you must have one of the internet i would choose OpenCart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,196 Posts
    Don't you have anyone in your envoirement to learn you? I had a student that could code PHP (MYSQL, Javascript) and worked with him for 2 years and learned everything he did now i can make functions, CMS, MVC's. Try to take every learning chance you can. But if you must have one of the internet i would choose OpenCart.
    You can make... "MVC's"? Do you even know what MVC stands for? And are you even aware of the amount of work it takes to develop a fully capable content management platform?

14. Post #14
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    op should use wordpress
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15

October 2010
    37 Posts
    You can make... "MVC's"? Do you even know what MVC stands for? And are you even aware of the amount of work it takes to develop a fully capable content management platform?
    Just because i got low post it doesn't mean i am noob. Why else would i use the word MVC's (Model, view , Controller) i made my own. Model cares the database and insert, update, select things from the database. The model combines the data from the model and here you can make functions in and tells the view what to do. The view is how it is presented to the people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2Programming King Programming King x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,196 Posts
    Oh, I'm sorry, thanks you for clarifying the MVC's (Model, view, Controller), I too hope to make my own one day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

17. Post #17

October 2010
    37 Posts
    Don't worry when i expended my MVC i am releasing everything to make people learn things and give comments / reviews on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Programming King Programming King x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,196 Posts
    Don't worry when i expended my MVC i am releasing everything to make people learn things and give comments / reviews on it.
    Thank you fren, you are truely a php god :-)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

19. Post #19
    a2h
    Gold Member

September 2008
    2,460 Posts
    op should use wordpress
    WooCommerce

20. Post #20
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    Just because i got low post it doesn't mean i am noob. Why else would i use the word MVC's (Model, view , Controller) i made my own. Model cares the database and insert, update, select things from the database. The model combines the data from the model and here you can make functions in and tells the view what to do. The view is how it is presented to the people.
    i made a mvc once but to optimize it more (to reduce to overhead of a CALL) i put the view inside the model and the model inside the controller

its much more faster that way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)