1. Post #81
    June 2009
    1,760 Posts
    I'm not releasing it because you guys will keep whining about how the game has a 50% chance to crash every time you blow up large quantities of NPCs. Apparently Garry was supposed to fix that crash but it still happens. Looks like a tough one. Still gotta figure out why it happens exactly.
    Really? I didnt knew it.

Anyway, i hope Garry fixes it or you find an workaround for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,119 Posts
    I'm not releasing it because you guys will keep whining about how the game has a 50% chance to crash every time you blow up large quantities of NPCs. Apparently Garry was supposed to fix that crash but it still happens. Looks like a tough one. Still gotta figure out why it happens exactly.
    Could you perhaps provide us with some media updates, if you have any? I really enjoy seeing what is happening with the gamemode, since I anticipate this gamemode the most.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #83
    im gay
    July 2007
    3,622 Posts
    do you gonna add festive weapons too?
    Festive weapons are already in, those are the kind of weapons that naturally add themselves with zero work required.

Could you perhaps provide us with some media updates, if you have any? I really enjoy seeing what is happening with the gamemode, since I anticipate this gamemode the most.
    The thing is, I haven't worked much on it lately. With exams incoming and school projects I don't really have much time for coding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Lua King Lua King x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,917 Posts
    The vast majority of the images in the OP are 404s, might wanna take a look at that.
    epic gamemode by the way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

5. Post #85
    October 2008
    358 Posts
    For those of you who would want the old gamemode, it's broken anyway.
    Even if you got the old version, it would not work because the updates to both Gmod and TF2 have made the gamemode unplayable.

God I wish I had this in the beta. Bone Manipulation + TF2 Player models. C:

Edited:

Making an interface for customizing weapons in-game would be nice, or if someone could make a program to edit the text file. I've kind of forgotten how to get the items to work and I have had tons of trouble trying to get it to work in the past. Then again, I don't legitimately know LUA. :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,527 Posts
    Actually the old gamemode is still playable if you know how, but a majority of the weapons don't work due to missing attributes since the gamemode hasn't been updated in quite a while, and i'm not sure if viewmodels still work.
    As to the interface, I'd say no and I'm pretty sure Kilburn would agree with me since, for now, he's trying to replicate TF2 and nothing else, aside from a few custom attributes/custom weapons, which is nothing you can't do without Sourcemod anyhow. If a GUI were ever to be added, I'd like the ability to see per-item coding, and modify/update it realtime using the items_game existing layout. It's not hard to understand once you see what's what and how things are layed out, but the ability to edit in-game and with the ability to see a specific item and nothing else would also be pretty nice.
    That said, getting the gamemode working as a TF2 duplicate should be a priority, and features like that be left after.
       Also, items_game is not written in Lua, Lua is not an acronym, and you're being an idiot. Again.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

7. Post #87
    October 2008
    358 Posts
    I don't know shit about Lua. My apologizes. :c

My issue when I was making items was I had no idea which text file to use. And when I did get my items in, some attributes didn't work, the model wasn't working properly when I used a custom one or the item names, qualities and descriptions weren't working properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    October 2011
    139 Posts
    so... what happening to the gamemode?
    any new media?
    or updates?
    i will be happy to know what happening to the game mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    April 2010
    273 Posts
    Glad to see this is getting worked on, I missed this thing.

Holy shit, taunts. I really can't wait for it now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

10. Post #90
    October 2008
    358 Posts
    _Kilburn posted:
    The thing is, I haven't worked much on it lately. With exams incoming and school projects I don't really have much time for coding.
    Be patient, young grasshopper. :3c

11. Post #91
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    So, is this dead again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    im gay
    July 2007
    3,622 Posts
    So, is this dead again?
    Yes.

In the meantime have a TF2 video i recently made.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny x 5Artistic x 3Winner x 3Informative x 1Friendly x 1Lua King x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,965 Posts
    Too bad this died I was anticipating playing it when Gmod 13 came out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,162 Posts
    So if its dead. can you upload team fortress 2 gamemode and give us link to it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    October 2008
    447 Posts
    So if its dead. can you upload team fortress 2 gamemode and give us link to it?
    It might be dead, but he's most likely going to start working on it again when he has time. So I don't think it will be released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    October 2008
    358 Posts
    When he says dead I'm sure he just means he's not working on it for the moment, not that he's abandoned it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

17. Post #97
    im gay
    July 2007
    3,622 Posts
    When I said TF2 video I lied.

Just saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #98

May 2012
    3 Posts
    Im sure im beating a dead horse by saying this,but no beta for the gmod 13 beta? I can understand why not since you will be swarmed by "LOLHEYTHISISBROKEN!"

Any update on spy by the way?

Off topic: First post but long time stalker since first version this thread! Hii!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    October 2008
    358 Posts
    So does that mean you have a loadout UI for TF2GM now? JOYUS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,598 Posts
    Not sure if Team Fortress 2 or Garry's Mod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,527 Posts
    Not sure if Team Fortress 2 or Garry's Mod
    You can't script custom attributes in Team Fortress 2 easily enough to make that video worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #102
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    You can't script custom attributes in Team Fortress 2 easily enough to make that video worth it.
    Actually, It's fairly easy.

23. Post #103
    im gay
    July 2007
    3,622 Posts
    Actually, It's fairly easy.
    Show me, I'm curious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

24. Post #104
    December 2009
    2,991 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

25. Post #105
    October 2008
    358 Posts
    TF2's Itemtest Previewing stuff can't make something that well at all. Not even remotely. TF2Items or the best sourceOP plugin used for custom items sure as hell can't do that either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,527 Posts
    TF2's Itemtest Previewing stuff can't make something that well at all. Not even remotely. TF2Items or the best sourceOP plugin used for custom items sure as hell can't do that either.
    Itemtest is used purely for looking at models, it strips attributes even from official weapons. Most sourceop "custom weapon" plugins are based around a similar sort of scripting to items_game, which is still using preexisting attributes, but if you want to look for entirely new weapons, you can look at TF2 Tightrope and Advanced Weaponizer, both of which implement entirely new attributes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    October 2008
    358 Posts
    Itemtest is used purely for looking at models, it strips attributes even from official weapons. Most sourceop "custom weapon" plugins are based around a similar sort of scripting to items_game, which is still using preexisting attributes, but if you want to look for entirely new weapons, you can look at TF2 Tightrope and Advanced Weaponizer, both of which implement entirely new attributes.
    That's right, I forgot about AW. Never heard of tightrope. But AW isn't available to the public, it's only playable on Slag's server.

Edited:

Holy crap Tightrope looks interesting.

28. Post #108
    May 2011
    28 Posts
    The NPCs look a bit un-responsive in the videos. By which I mean they don't give a fuck if they take a rocket to the face.
    More like take an arrow to the knee

Edited:

do you know the svn name and password?

(User was banned for this post ("Meme crap, didn't read the OP" - Gran PC))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13 (list)

29. Post #109
    June 2012
    5 Posts
    hi I'm sorry for my stupid comment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #110

February 2012
    6 Posts
    ☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺

(User was banned for this post ("Dumb bump" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Lua King Lua King x 4Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #111

February 2012
    6 Posts
    ☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺

(User was banned for this post ("Dumb bump" - Craptasket))
    \

(User was banned for this post ("Shit post" - Gran PC))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Lua King Lua King x 3Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    351 Posts
    There'll be updates when there's anything update-worthy for Kilburn to talk about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

33. Post #113
    June 2012
    5 Posts
    There'll be updates when there's anything update-worthy for Kilburn to talk about.
    thanks for the telling

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,917 Posts
    I thought this was dead?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #115

June 2012
    1 Posts
    wheres is the gmod ragdolls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    October 2008
    358 Posts
    God, you people are impatient. He will update when he reches a big milestone. He's taking a while with coding most likely due to irl stuff. This is not dead. It is not on hiatus. It is only taking a while. You can't play it yet anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,880 Posts
    I don't expect it to come early or anything, seeing as how a speculated major update is coming to be next week, giving him even more coding and work to do.

But I'll wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    June 2012
    21 Posts
    This looks so cool,keep up the good work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    May 2009
    69 Posts
    Very impressive work on the Scotch Guardian, how hard was it to code something like that?

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,527 Posts
    There is going to be pretty much no progress posted in this thread until Garry's Mod 13 goes live, so kindly stop pointlessly bumping this thread until that update does eventually go live and Kilburn posts an update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)