1. Post #281
    May 2012
    63 Posts
    Some further proof Ive seen of why its better to have tf2 on gmod is how slow tf2 tends to load,and how amazing some of the weapons are that can be quickly made.

One perfect example in this thread is the bouncy grenade launcher. Not to mention that instead of dealing with valve (time) and waiting for them to fix something,a modder can do it himself.
    That, And valve like to pre-load our model caches with 5,000,000 hats so our loading times are extremely horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

2. Post #282
    im gay
    July 2007
    3,639 Posts
    yes, i understand this, but what im getting at is it really going to be THAT incredible to play tf2 with hl2 npcs? is it going to be worth that much trouble? to build the gamemode from the base up again?

the answer is no. i hate to be blunt but you guys are wasting your time. go outside or something
    It is a complete waste of time. A bit like playing games in general, you know.
    I'm doing this just for fun (well, not so much right now) and people apparently like it, you can't really blame someone for liking something.

It's not like someone's going to buy GMod just for this gamemode. There's a whole lot of other things you can do with GMod and it's well worth the 10 bucks. So get off your high horse or something, oh my god someone likes something that I don't, the INFAMY, I MUST show them the light!

Oh also the loading time argument is kinda bullshit, GMod loads the same content as TF2 so either it's going to take as long to load as TF2 or your game is just going to stutter every time a new model is loaded, because it needs precaching. Which is what's happening right now.
    Although playing through the HL2 campaign as TF2 classes is pretty fun. Yeah, coding it in Lua from scratch isn't the best solution ever but who gives a fuck, I started that back then because it was challenging.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 8Agree Agree x 5 (list)

3. Post #283
    January 2012
    95 Posts
    yes, i understand this, but what im getting at is it really going to be THAT incredible to play tf2 with hl2 npcs? is it going to be worth that much trouble? to build the gamemode from the base up again?

the answer is no. i hate to be blunt but you guys are wasting your time. go outside or something
    somebody shut him up....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

4. Post #284
    Jvs
    PENISCorp's First Employee
    June 2009
    1,581 Posts
    somebody shut him up....
    Report and move on, he's got enough attention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

5. Post #285

July 2011
    3 Posts
    Gmod 13 is out anxiously awaiting the SVN link
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #286
    March 2007
    255 Posts
    Gmod 13 is out anxiously awaiting the SVN link
    Read this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #287

July 2011
    3 Posts
    Darn. Oh well. I guess i can wait a few more months...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    577 Posts
    I can wait, i'm ok with dying as long as it's finished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #289
    October 2008
    358 Posts
    I was going to say that having TF2 in Gmod would also mean that it's running on a different version of the Source Engine as well. So wouldn't that mean that performance issues found in TF2 wouldn't appear in Gmod? and then I just remembered that Pyrovision would have to be coded for Gmod, but even then Pyrovision isn't something that people can't live without.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #290
    May 2009
    930 Posts
    I was going to say that having TF2 in Gmod would also mean that it's running on a different version of the Source Engine as well. So wouldn't that mean that performance issues found in TF2 wouldn't appear in Gmod? and then I just remembered that Pyrovision would have to be coded for Gmod, but even then Pyrovision isn't something that people can't live without.
    Who said they were putting pyrovision in this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #291
    January 2011
    11 Posts
    This month GMod 13 is released. Does that mean this will too? I thought somewhere said this is released when GMod 13 is.
    Not released. That's like, making Episode 3 in 5 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,742 Posts
    The beta has been out for developers to code for and this gamemode was made with that beta in mind, so I'd say it would be more like making Episode 3 in 1 year, and we all know how Valve-time works.

Edited:

I'm not saying the developer is using too much time on this, but what I am trying to say is that a good and bug-free game(mode) is better than a rushed out game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #293
    March 2007
    255 Posts
    God damnit, its killing me waiting for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    June 2012
    5 Posts
    gmod 13 out yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,646 Posts
    gmod 13 out yes
    :shitmoctions:
    Read the rest of the fucking thread. Seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #296

January 2012
    1 Posts
    Please complete gamemode, or give all that is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #297
    March 2007
    255 Posts
    People really need to start being patient.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    351 Posts
    Let's be honest, if Kilburn released it now even if it were incomplete (to his standards) half the people on this thread would go from complaining about it not being out to complaining about it being buggy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #299

May 2012
    3 Posts
    Let's be honest, if Kilburn released it now even if it were incomplete (to his standards) half the people on this thread would go from complaining about it not being out to complaining about it being buggy.
    or start begging for him to finish there favorite class first or beg for something else. Id just be happy enough getting revenge on the combine telling me to pick up that can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #300

November 2008
    299 Posts
    gmod 13 out yes
    God damnit, its killing me waiting for this.

Stop being excited about this for nothing and give me an actual reason to ditch my college projects and get back to work on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #301
    December 2009
    84 Posts
    I understand everyone who is pissed because they thought the gamemode would be released when Garry's Mod 13 was, but flooding the thread with posts that all say the exact same thing isn't gonna make it come out any faster.

I'd like to know if there are any plans on a progressive aquirement of weaponry during the HL2 campaign? Like, for instance, you wouldn't be able to use your melee attack until you "got" the crowbar? Or you would get a new weapon added to your backpack everytime you picked up one?

On one hand it would make things a bit more balanced in the start of the game. On the other hand it's so much fun to fuck everything up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

22. Post #302

March 2012
    3 Posts
    I'd like to know if there are any plans on a progressive aquirement of weaponry during the HL2 campaign? Like, for instance, you wouldn't be able to use your melee attack until you "got" the crowbar? Or you would get a new weapon added to your backpack everytime you picked up one?
    Honestly I think only certain weapons should give you new weapons, like the crowbar unlocking all the melee weapons idea you have there, while other weapons, especially ones from defeated enemies, should probably just give players ammo/metal. Otherwise most players would likely have just about every weapon from TF2 by the time they reach Ravenholm...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #303
    March 2007
    255 Posts
    I'm still wondering how the loadout even works. Does it still use commands or does it use a replica of the tf2 loadout, and does it just display all the weapons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #304
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,646 Posts
    I'm still wondering how the loadout even works. Does it still use commands or does it use a replica of the tf2 loadout, and does it just display all the weapons?
    Replica of TF2 loadout screen, but weapons can be still accessed using the concommands(which means pistol for heavy and other fucked up combinations ).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

25. Post #305
    January 2012
    95 Posts
    Replica of TF2 loadout screen, but weapons can be still accessed using the concommands(which means pistol for heavy and other fucked up combinations ).
    and dont forget 1 amazing ASDF. If you have tool gun and model manipulator you can play Chell(portal 1),Headless horsemann,Robots (fully animated)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #306
    December 2009
    84 Posts
    Honestly I think only certain weapons should give you new weapons, like the crowbar unlocking all the melee weapons idea you have there, while other weapons, especially ones from defeated enemies, should probably just give players ammo/metal. Otherwise most players would likely have just about every weapon from TF2 by the time they reach Ravenholm...
    Yeah, I guess your right, especially since that's how it works in TF2.

Although there are a crap-ton of weapons in the game by now, and this gamemode could be used to create an advanced TF2-randomizer where the stats themselves were random, like in a dungeon-crawler.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)