1. Post #1

February 2012
    3 Posts
    SethBlock

An online database of reported and confirmed SethHack users, that is updated regularly and keeps your server away from SethHackers.

* Simple addon that exists out of 2 files (SethBlock.lua and gm_glsock.dll)
    * Online Database, so updated regularly
    * Kicks when a SethHacker joins.
    * No more TTT cheaters or minges.
    * Whitelist people that are flagged as SethHackers but you still want to enter your server.

Download Plugin: Here
    Visit site: Here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23Useful Useful x 9Disagree Disagree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

October 2010
    37 Posts
    hmm is this trusted? can someone check... and also there is no license agreement on how you keep the server information secret. Server owners should think if this is what they want. Because i dont see any license agreement in the website. What if you are angry at someone and just ban them. How much is your service fair? Also the site could use more details and information.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,998 Posts
    The SteamID's seem to be correct, not sure about the .dll though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

February 2012
    3 Posts
    The SteamID's seem to be correct, not sure about the .dll though.
    The DLL is completely safe, its gm_glsock.dll (Sockets integration by mattmodules)
    You can download it here if you don't trust the one in the ZIP, I understand that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

5. Post #5

October 2010
    37 Posts
    The zip is fine i scanned it. I think it just makes server owners uncomfortable by adding a system wich they can't monitor. But it's up to the people to choose not me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member

April 2011
    132 Posts
    SethBlock

An online database of reported and confirmed SethHack users, that is updated regularly and keeps your server away from SethHackers.
    So basically your taking the Exiled ban list and adding people you don't like?
    When was this last updated? Maybe once or twice?
    Also the Exiled ban list has many flaws in it, over half the users were false detection's for using mac computers. I am even on that fucking ban list because I joined on my friends mac PC, got me banned on half the GMod servers available.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    700 Posts
    Most corrupt way of solving this problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

8. Post #8
    December 2011
    530 Posts
    Fun fact: Half the "confirmed sethhack users" on here, were never confirmed in the first place.

Edited:

This is a bad method of doing this, and the list is tiny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member

April 2011
    132 Posts
    I want to add more, dont take my other post as all bad.

I really love the idea, but I think that it is a bit much for one simple hack. If people want they can make their own anticheat, manually add the public SteamID's (kind of a bitch move), or honestly have their own ban list and ban people when they catch them hacking.

One thing I always thought sounded amazing was ban list sharing, I even made a program that would grab cheaters steam ID's of of about 80 communities ban lists. But when I though about it, it was a terrible idea. Maybe someone was improperly banned and then they get banned on every sever they try join? Even if they were banned they at least need another chance because not everyone is always a cheater or always bad. Again, the idea was good but the presentation kinda shot it all down.

Also: Did you edit the gslock module or did you just compile what was already there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    April 2009
    445 Posts
    I wouldn't say this "blocks" SH rather just an addon to automatically kick people on a list. Who may or may-not use SethHack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,716 Posts
    I wouldn't trust a list of IPs that came from a guy with 2 posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

12. Post #12
    January 2009
    566 Posts
    He is probably using an alt.

13. Post #13

February 2012
    3 Posts
    Fun fact: Half the "confirmed sethhack users" on here, were never confirmed in the first place.

Edited:

This is a bad method of doing this, and the list is tiny.
    Probably because you're in the list.

Edited:

Those are SteamID's and what is not to trust?

Edited:

So basically your taking the Exiled ban list and adding people you don't like?
    When was this last updated? Maybe once or twice?
    Also the Exiled ban list has many flaws in it, over half the users were false detection's for using mac computers. I am even on that fucking ban list because I joined on my friends mac PC, got me banned on half the GMod servers available.
    The ID's are from different sources, and think a bit, It has been released yesterday.
    You are probably also a SethHacker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    December 2011
    530 Posts
    Probably because you're in the list.
    If I am, your list is inaccurate. I've never used SethHack. Your list has ~500 less ID's than my own verified list (I have 683)

Those are SteamID's and what is not to trust?
    You.

The ID's are from different sources, and think a bit, It has been released yesterday.
    Different sources; therefore unverifiable. What makes you think he is a sethhacker? Where's your confirmation? Why accuse people if you can't back it up.

Pick up and leave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Zing Zing x 3 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    795 Posts
    Nifty idea, but worst possible implementation possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    October 2008
    450 Posts
    People are stating a fact, and you say they use SethHack because they're stating a fact. Also, why would anyone trust a source they have little to no knowledge of?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

October 2010
    37 Posts
    My tips for your next attempt to do such idea:

- No .tk websites jesus a website domain is like 5 euro's.
    - Keep it professional and use referenches why people can trust you.
    - Make a license agreemen on your website so owners know what they can do if you cheat the system.
    - Put more information on the website.
    - Work on your website coding skills and on the design and the logo.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member

April 2011
    132 Posts
    If your going to say that you got them from differant sources please also provide proof next to the SteamID that they are a Sethhacker (And remember, this is sethhack, not any hack. You have to prove it is sethhack)

Also if your going to accuse people and say "You are probably also a SethHacker" why should we trust you? Just going to randomly add people or something? Honestly I thought you were doing this for good but you fucked it all up and even wen't against yourself. I don't see any confirmation of sethhacking on any of these SteamID's and you also do not give sources to where you got the ones you added.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    December 2011
    530 Posts
    Stuff about improvements
    In his defence, at least he escaped his inputs in his SQL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,264 Posts
    I'm a what now?

21. Post #21
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,958 Posts
    I guess if a legitimate list is created, it wouldn't be bad to have it at least alert server owners instead of automatically kicking them... which it can do.

Good effort, just keep it updated!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22

July 2011
    222 Posts
    In general, Its a good idea. But I have to agree with most people here, Please provide proof. Otherwise only the noobs will use it.

Lol first line in the lua file made me lol.

23. Post #23
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,831 Posts

wtf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

24. Post #24
    January 2010
    273 Posts
    srsly, nowhere to make your plea? you just automatically unban them?

25. Post #25
    Gold Member

April 2011
    132 Posts
    Lol, I didn't notice that. Explains why I am STILL on the list.
    I have made over 30 emails trying to "Protest my ban". Probably doesn't even listen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,716 Posts
    Fuck sethhackers, but fuck internet blacklists even more.

I'm kind of thankful this exists, because it serves as a foolproof tool to avoid shitty servers without having to spend an hour building/playing ,when the 15 year old who bought the server bans me for telling him to stop physgunning/prop pushing everything I own.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    December 2011
    1,137 Posts
    Lol, I didn't notice that. Explains why I am STILL on the list.
    I have made over 30 emails trying to "Protest my ban". Probably doesn't even listen.

I don't think so buddy.

Also I came across this.

http://pastebin.com/cHFUwXNe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 4Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member

April 2011
    132 Posts

I don't think so buddy.

Also I came across this.

http://pastebin.com/cHFUwXNe
    Let me guess, G-Force or Colby from Mindblast?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    Really?

<!-- www.000webhost.com Analytics Code -->
    Anybody who doesn't understand that:

<!-- www.000webhost.com Analytics Code -->
    Still don't get it?

<!-- [RELEASE]www.000webhost.com[/RELEASE] Analytics Code -->
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    January 2012
    79 Posts
    There are many ways to block SethHack, but people who knows how are not sharing their discover.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,266 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    January 2012
    79 Posts
    Oh mah god ! Get raid of SethHack users by using this -> http://facepunch.com/threads/1143435?highlight=SethHack

It f*ckin works ...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    1,004 Posts
    https://purifiedrp.com/snaps/v/steve-sRB8.png

Since WHEN was pastebin a trusted source?

Oh look:
    http://pastebin.com/8JiwzQmN

For all you know, I could have just gone and made that list up.

It's about time someone did this. And did it properly. - gmodguard.com
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Dennab
    October 2011
    21 Posts
    Most corrupt way of solving this problem.
    Late reply, But. You OWN SethHack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

35. Post #35

June 2009
    1,819 Posts
    Too easy to abuse. Do not want. Goaway.

that gmodguard.com thing looks really nice though, and if I owned a server I would gladly use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    Too easy to abuse. Do not want. Goaway.

that gmodguard.com thing looks really nice though, and if I owned a server I would gladly use it.
    The two sites look like they do nearly the same thing, except UseageOK is the executive branch that reviews all steamID bans and takes steamIDs from "trustworthy" communities whereas Phoenix uses a judicial branch that has three people reviewing legislative bans from "trust-worthy" communities.

No matter how much you bend it, you're saying that it's a good idea to one thing, and that its a bad idea for another thing even though it is essentially the same exact thing.

Let people do whatever they want and let servers add whatever they want to their servers. Everyone else needs to shut the fuck up, especially when they have no idea what they're talking about and they are just pulling shit out of their ass just to gang up on one person and ostracize them.

My tips for your next attempt to do such idea:

- No .tk websites jesus a website domain is like 5 euro's.
    - Keep it professional and use referenches why people can trust you.
    - Make a license agreemen on your website so owners know what they can do if you cheat the system.
    - Put more information on the website.
    - Work on your website coding skills and on the design and the logo.
    you're an absolute asshole.

37. Post #37
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    1,004 Posts
    Our's is Generic. His only supports SethHack, and there's no way of proving that they are legitimate. However, mine isn't going to be like that. It will allow you to view each GLOBAL bans (yes, the one we approve if so) proof, i.e. the supporting video evidence, demo and screenshots (we don't take screenshots as proof though). The only way a global ban would be instated, would be if said user is obviously abusing the game's rules.

He takes bans from pastebin, that's hardly a "trustworthy" source.

It's an idea that's been in my head for ages, needs work, and is being built upon and expanded.

To re-iterate, this is not another "global banslist", it's an alternative to banning that allows other communities to either 1. Support your bans and use them (off by default) or 2. Not. You can use local bans from other servers/communities that you trust, if you so trust them. If one server wants to ban someone, they can, it's not up to us to decide. What we do decide, are the global bans, as it could be seriously abused otherwise.

It's in the works, nothing is solid. Some things are being reviewed, and changed as fit. (What we do need is constructive criticism, but that will come when we make a facepunch thread when we are closer to completion.)

Honestly, it's all about trust.

38. Post #38
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    This is completely different to GModGuard. This intends to catch SethHackers and ban SethHackers from any server running it. GModGuard isn't built to catch rule breakers, nor is it built to keep them off your server, it's built to provide information about a player. You look up a player and you can see all the servers running GModGuard that they've been banned from, why they were banned, when they were banned, how long they were banned for, the website for the community that banned them, the SteamID of the admin that banned them, etc. We don't give a damn what you do with that information, give them admin, ban them, that's purely your choice. For serious offenders, we offer a global bans system, we will not add global bans on players just because it came from a trusted community. All global bans will have publicly viewable evidence attached to them. If you don't want globally banned players to be allowed to join your server, GModGuard provides that option, which as Phoenix mentioned is off by default. We only enforce bans on your server if you want to. If you don't, which is what we expect really, the GMod community doesn't exactly have a trustworthy reputation and we know it, that's fine by us and you can still use the rest of GModGuards features. We may even include a way to add global ban exceptions - so if one of your friends or even admins (god help you) is globally banned they can still play, but without having to allow all globally banned users on your server.

tl;dr This is intended as a detection and protection tool. GModGuard isn't, it's more of a reputation tool built to provide information.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #39

January 2012
    3 Posts
    Lock?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member

May 2010
    64 Posts
    EDIT: -Removed the text-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)