1. Post #81
    December 2009
    8,782 Posts
    Expect Mr. Lucas to be assassinated by a neckbeard with a sniper rifle if this happens.
    Neckbeards with gook snipers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

2. Post #82
    July 2008
    848 Posts
    Now, I'm not old enough to know if it actually is the originals, but the three from this release http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Epis.../dp/B000FQJAJG
    have the Theatrical Versions. And I have watch all three and they are different from the 2004 releases.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,915 Posts
    And you know what's funny about this?

He's using Time Travel to do it. And, to recap, what do we know about time travel and, more specifically, going back in time and then back to your original time?

If you go back in time, change an event, and go back to your original time, you've not changed the outcome at all. Simply split a universe in two. Darth Vader would still exist, as would loving dad Anakin Skywalker. They'd be completely separate, and both canon, because both would exist in two entirely different universes.

So this wouldn't kill the original trilogy, simply create a fork in the universe in which both outcomes are canon.
    Is it just me or does this seem like what Nintendo did with The Legend of Zelda.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,939 Posts

He's using Time Travel to do it. And, to recap, what do we know about time travel and, more specifically, going back in time and then back to your original time?

If you go back in time, change an event, and go back to your original time, you've not changed the outcome at all. Simply split a universe in two. Darth Vader would still exist, as would loving dad Anakin Skywalker. They'd be completely separate, and both canon, because both would exist in two entirely different universes.

So this wouldn't kill the original trilogy, simply create a fork in the universe in which both outcomes are canon.
    We know fuck all about time travel other than it might be possible to do with neutrinos.

Not to mention that he'll just go "this timeline is canon you're wrong if you think otherwise".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,614 Posts

I doubt that Lucas has the mental capacity to comprehend that being possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

6. Post #86
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,711 Posts
    I think that it was Palpatine losing on purpose so that Anakin would do his first dark side deed and be officially dark side.
    He wasn't losing on purpose, he got his ass kicked (almost literally, since Windu actually kicked his lightsaber out the window.) He just got lucky that Anakin chose that moment to complete his turn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,765 Posts
    George Lucas troll of the year 2012.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,941 Posts
    Well no, the whole point is that Lucas wants it to be the established timeline in the Star Wars universe

and that Lucas is a moron who shouldn't be allowed to make anything more complicated than a slice of toast
    that's cool and everything, but it really doesn't matter and you shouldn't care
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #89
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,072 Posts
    How are they going to stop Anakin from becoming Vader without the whole "Oh hey, you're going to become evil later on in life, don't do anything stupid"

I'm predicting that they will either chop his penis off or give his wife an abortion. There is no way 3 bounty hunters can kill a Sith Lord.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,859 Posts

That's pretty heavy, doc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,057 Posts
    He wasn't losing on purpose, he got his ass kicked (almost literally, since Windu actually kicked his lightsaber out the window.) He just got lucky that Anakin chose that moment to complete his turn.
    Bull. Sidious was a Sith Lord, and was manipulating all of the events involving Anakin to bring him closer to the dark side and to convince him that the Jedi were untrustworthy. He was playing the weak old man approach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    4,680 Posts
    in his commentary track for the phantom menace's re-release in ~3d~, harry plinkett said he got stephen hawking to watch the film, or asked him what he thought of the prequels or something, and stephen hawking said that mankind should redirect an asteroid towards earth and launch the original unaltered trilogy out into space b/c that's the only way to permanently destroy the prequel trilogy

unless george lucas launches the prequel trilogy first... fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

13. Post #93
    "For I have dined on honey dew..."
    May 2010
    1,238 Posts
    i think it would actually be quite interesting to see this alternate timeline.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    March 2011
    4,080 Posts
    I never expected him to do this.

I expected him to edit Hayden's face onto Luke sometime in the future, but not this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    851 Posts
    who cares if it does happen? we have all seen the movies anyway and im excited for any starwars i can get!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,930 Posts

That's just a theory though. We don't know what would happen.

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    666 Posts
    Oh well, whatever happens, happens. I'll still have my old original trilogy VHS tapes and nobody can take them from me.

YOU HEAR ME GEORGE, I'LL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH YOU GREASY FUCK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    March 2011
    1,206 Posts
    Seems like a rather silly idea. Even now, I really doubt Lucas would think of doing that.

And even if it did, my years from being a geek on the Star Wars Expanded Universe means I'm familar enough with the matter of story canonicity that this show would easily be considered as another alternate universe story, no biggie.

19. Post #99
    October 2010
    12,334 Posts
    I never liked Star Wars like most did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    Well this is fine. I've got my originals, prequels, and now I get to see more stuff in the form of the alternates. I like it.

21. Post #101
    December 2009
    517 Posts
    Well George Lucas can fuck right off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Isn't this what they did with the new Star Wars movie?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    December 2009
    2,991 Posts
    Weird how he turned into a shit movie maker in the latest years after making amazing films
    I mean whats going on?

24. Post #104
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,091 Posts
    I wonder how that'd work because of how distrustful the council is of Anakin and how Yoda is like the only one that could perhaps beat Palpatine.
    No Mace Windu was about to kill him but then Anakin interfered

25. Post #105
    I don't get what the problem is? He wants to try something different so let him try something different. I'll only base whatever opinion I have on the finished product.
    This is the exact same attitude that got us Phantom Menace.

YOU MONSTER!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #106
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,711 Posts
    Weird how he turned into a shit movie maker in the latest years after making amazing films
    I mean whats going on?
    He was given pretty much complete creative control. With the original trilogy, he actually didn't have a massive amount of creative control and had a lot of people keeping him in check.

27. Post #107
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,198 Posts
    that's cool and everything, but it really doesn't matter and you shouldn't care
    I know, I'm gonna go into a thread and tell everyone that whatever they're talking about doesn't actually matter, because that is definitely a good idea

right

28. Post #108
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,091 Posts
    What series was more ruined? Star Wars or Resident Evil?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    November 2009
    1,580 Posts
    Well on the bright side, even if George killed the timeline of the original trilogy, we would still have the Yuzhan Vong War and maybe Darth Krayt taking over the Universe. That's pretty cool right?

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,808 Posts
    george: "lets make a show about jar-jar for 12 seasons"
    tv exec: "lets fucking do it!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,810 Posts
    I mean whats going on?
    Basically, he made the originals with loads of people helping him from going batshit with it and then some dudes were all like "hey he's really good with this" and took away the people helping because they figured it was all just him.

The prequels were the result.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #112
    DSG
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2009
    5,953 Posts
    Let him release all the new bullshit he wants, but he can never actually tarnish the original trilogy itself. We'll all have our own copies of the true original format of the trilogy in our homes either on VHS or older DVDs to enjoy the right way. Just ignore any of the crap Lucas decides to release if you don't want to include it in the Star Wars series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,711 Posts
    What series was more ruined? Star Wars or Resident Evil?
    Star Wars because at least the terrible movies are noncanon in Resident Evil. And while Resident Evil 5 wasn't the picture of quality, its pretty miniscule in comparison to the others. You can ultimately forgive Resident Evil 5. Nothing makes Phantom Menace forgivable.

34. Post #114
    May 2007
    666 Posts
    I've got the original trilogy on VHS, haven't got a working video player though :(
    I'm just waiting for the news article on him complaining about the amount of people pirating the films when they stop selling the DVDs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #115
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,388 Posts
    "Hmm. I don't want to make Episode 7."

"Let's go back and change the old amazing plot so I have something new to create."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,277 Posts
    Star Wars because at least the terrible movies are noncanon in Resident Evil. And while Resident Evil 5 wasn't the picture of quality, its pretty miniscule in comparison to the others. You can ultimately forgive Resident Evil 5. Nothing makes Phantom Menace forgivable.
    The phantom menace isn't THAT bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts
    He takes the J.J. Abrams way out, retcons the whole thing and remakes it.

38. Post #118
    July 2010
    2,852 Posts
    The phantom menace isn't THAT bad.
    It is the worst star wars movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,679 Posts
    It is the worst star wars movie.
    The picnic scene on The Attack of the Clones is a serious contender. Holy fuck, it was horribly cheesy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

40. Post #120
    Just a Homestuck OC with a massive dick
    April 2011
    2,472 Posts
    screw you Lucas I'm going to go grab my glasses and watch my vhs copies of The Original Trilogy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)