1. Post #41
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    You know for a moment this made me angry, then I actually read it. Reasonable statements all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    You know for a moment this made me angry, then I actually read it. Reasonable statements all.
    He has legitimate reasons to not fund the game, but he shouldn't have made such a public statement about it without knowing the implications.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,876 Posts
    Milkman Conspiracy is one of my favourite parts ever.

Edited:

They're alright. Feels like you're missing the teacher with the sunglasses    who helps Raz towards the end.   
    Sascha?

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,140 Posts
    Someone likes toying with their life.

An amusing little crossover i think you may like. But damn those agents had the best voices ever.
    Steve Bloom is very uh... pronounced VO actor. I am surprised I haven't noticed him earlier.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    i loved this game when i had it on ps2

...is it out for pc? oh lordy

i will certainly not download it right now because that would be illegal and immoral and wrong and    are there mods for the game   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,126 Posts
    Fucking loved this game, mostly because I liked collecting all of the memories from people.

8. Post #48
    Could you upload it?
    Sure thing you sexy beast, just need to start up my pc downstairs that takes about 20 million hours to do so.

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    Sascha?
    Yeah him. Forgot his name.

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    i loved this game when i had it on ps2

...is it out for pc? oh lordy

i will certainly not download it right now because that would be illegal and immoral and wrong and    are there mods for the game   
    In a thread FULL of spoilers misusing the spoiler tag should be considered a sin.

Like actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,350 Posts
    Can someone please explain to me how making a game would cost $40 million?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,077 Posts
    The developers want money for their work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Voicework can cost a lot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,034 Posts
    Yeah I am pretty staggered by the amount it actually costs to fund a game. Surely when indie developers can make such superb games right off the bat with very small investment there must be something incredibly inefficient about the whole games development industry?

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,681 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    273 Posts
    Yeah I am pretty staggered by the amount it actually costs to fund a game. Surely when indie developers can make such superb games right off the bat with very small investment there must be something incredibly inefficient about the whole games development industry?
    Indie games are usually very small projects though, so I don't see how that's a fair comparison.

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,429 Posts
    Marketing. If I remember correctly, the people behind Battlefield 3 spent over $100M on advertising alone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,660 Posts
    Marketing. If I remember correctly, the people behind Battlefield 3 spent over $100M on advertising alone.
    But only a hundred dollars on the actual game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,876 Posts
    But only a hundred dollars on the actual game.
    is that really what they spent on the actual game? Jesus Christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    $40 million dollar kick starter? If they start it now, set it to end one year from now, they'll definitely meet that goal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #61
    October 2009
    5,677 Posts
    thats it i hate notch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,536 Posts
    thats it i hate notch
    Welcome to 2012
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    If the adventure game is successful, maybe publishers would actually give them a chance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,770 Posts
    So the way I see it, notch doesn't want to spend 40 mil on a game that may or my not sell well going by the first one, and after he made ONE comment on twitter based on the price of ONE mil and not 40, everyone is being entitled caybabies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,960 Posts
    So the way I see it, notch doesn't want to spend 40 mil on a game that may or my not sell well going by the first one, and after he made ONE comment on twitter based on the price of ONE mil and not 40, everyone is being entitled caybabies.
    In all fairness, he was even willing to give 13 million. 40 million was just too much for him to do.
    However, he mentioned that there are other parties interested in investing, so I imagine, if it goes through, Notch and the others will pool together to fund it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    Welcome to 2012
    >2012
    >2012
    >Not 2011

Notch had garnered a lot of hate for his handling of Minecraft prior to this.

Anyhow, I'm really glad that I bought Psychonauts around a year ago when it was on sale on Steam. Amazing game, it surprises me that it didn't do well financially - it seemed like everyone and their mom had heard of Psychonauts when it was initially released. A weird disparity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    I don't hate notch. Don't really care about him actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,828 Posts
    Well, from what I was Schafer originally said a few million so I think that's what Notch was ready to do. Then it got raised to 13 million and he was like "Uh.. Okay I guess. I can do that". Then when it got raised to 40 million he probably said "Fuck this" and left which is kind of understandable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,876 Posts
    I just hope Psychonauts 2 is a possibility. They set it up for a sequel, they need to deliver.

30. Post #70
    December 2007
    1,795 Posts
    Is anyone else's favorite line in the game "Oh no, I spilled all my turpentine and acetone!" as well?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,169 Posts
    Is anyone else's favorite line in the game "Oh no, I spilled all my turpentine and acetone!" as well?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 19Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,077 Posts
    Last time I played Psychonauts I apparently played until about 10 minutes before I reached the Milkman Conspiracy level. This week I started a new save (lost the old one) and finally beat the Milkman Conspiracy! Psychonauts is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    I am a forum poster, I use this keyboard to post on forums, and troll.

I am glad you are here fellow forum poster, you can help me troll.

I love the secret agents, I reference them all the time. Nobody gets my references :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    May 2009
    13,169 Posts
    Rhubarb is a controversial flavour of pie.

I am making a pie.

35. Post #75
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,881 Posts
    Hello fellow forum poster, welcome to the forum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Rhubarb is a controversial flavour of pie.
    Cherry is also a flavour of pie.

Oh yes, please come in and join me, in making pies.

I am making a pie.

37. Post #77
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,361 Posts
    I may listen to people's telephone conversations, but I choose not to due to my professional attitude.

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,755 Posts
    Oddly enough, The Lets Player "Over the Gun" has started a HTSF (How to Sucessfully Fail) on Psychonauts.

Very entertaining stuff, even if i've never really taken notice of this game till now.

http://overthegun.com/videos/htsf-psychonauts-episode-1

http://overthegun.com/videos/htsf-psychonauts-episode-2

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,681 Posts
    They got Freddy. Poor Freddy. He was such a good secret agent. I mean assassin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #80
    May 2009
    13,169 Posts
    I am a grieving widow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)