Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,767 Posts
    Boo-hoo.

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,082 Posts
    I played through most of Psychonauts after grabbing it on a Steam sale long ago, but I got stuck on some late level where I couldn't get pass a boss. It's the level inside one of the guys in the    asylum, where you're in this wrestling ring and have to defeat a boss by "breaking his concentration" (psi-bomb?). I hadn't leveled up enough to have that ability, so I couldn't get past the boss and didn't find anything else to do   . If I still have the game save, what should I do?

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,802 Posts
    I think you just have to throw these green ...bottles at him, I think you get them from that spanish guy you can find in one of the houses. The one who's meant to fight the bull.

4. Post #84
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    Alright, I still remember playing through this the one and only time about a week after this game came out, I was still a wee lad. I dug around and found old discs my dad stuck somewhere in a closet and it shall be time to finally replay this game. It's gonna be so good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,450 Posts
    Just reinstalled from my disc version, the game stutters like all hell, I've heard that this problem isn't all uncommon with Win7 64bit, any fixes?

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    I wonder if anyone likes any of the levels aside from MMC.

7. Post #87
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,359 Posts
    Lungfishopolis had me falling out of my chair in laughter.

He's heading for the Orphanage!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

8. Post #88
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,844 Posts
    I love pretty much every character in the asylum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,802 Posts
    I love every level.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,322 Posts
    Skipping the 'point-of-no-return' screen by    tapping the psi-blast button repeatedly    annoyed me so much I couldn't even be bothered reloading a previous save.

Edited:

Also did anyone really dislike the look of Raz    in his Psychonauts uniform?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #91
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,844 Posts
    Yeah but I might just be used to his normal uniform
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,064 Posts
    The only level I didn't like was the Lungfish one. It was too cluttered for me.
    It did have its moments, though.

13. Post #93
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,844 Posts
    fucking hated the mooks in lungfishopolis and waterloo world though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,226 Posts
    fucking hated the mooks in lungfishopolis and waterloo world though
    I actually kinda liked the Waterloo episode, and the Lungfishopolis episode was just...ridiculous.

Then again, the entire game was ridiculous

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,580 Posts
    Aside from the very end of the game, I liked every single part and level. The game is just amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,082 Posts
    I really liked the tutorial level (the warzone). The art in general was so darn solid on that level and I found it extraordinarily mind-fucking with all the surprise scene transitions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #97
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,504 Posts
    I spent about an hour in Waterloo just figuring out what the hell I was doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    I spent about an hour in Waterloo just figuring out what the hell I was doing.
    It took me 30 minutes to find the ladder. The first time I just smelling salted out and then went back in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,985 Posts
    I never figured out how to do the Psychonauts achievements like spying on Bobby's love life.

20. Post #100
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,844 Posts
    It took me 30 minutes to find the ladder. The first time I just smelling salted out and then went back in.
    I didn't realize you could embiggen yourself. For future reference for anyone who hasn't done that level yet you hit the wine bottle corks and use levitation to float up(and then somehow grow in size)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,064 Posts
    I was so proud of myself for beating Waterloo without a tutorial.
    Also, did anyone notice that when you go across the lake, the clouds in the sky have terrifying faces on them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,867 Posts
    I remember beating the Meat Circus when the game first came out.

Now I can't beat it at all. What happened?

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,985 Posts
    I was so proud of myself for beating Waterloo without a tutorial.
    Also, did anyone notice that when you go across the lake, the clouds in the sky have terrifying faces on them?
    Pics?

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,802 Posts
    Can't wait to get to Black Velvetopia again. God I love that music.

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    I remember beating the Meat Circus when the game first came out.

Now I can't beat it at all. What happened?
    It's okay. Many men have trouble beating the meat, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,187 Posts
    So I just got alllll the way to the top of the    insane asylum   , I was 90% sure I had gotten every    brain    and then I got stuck on a fucking bed. I had made it a habit only to save after beating a level, so I had to go allllll the way back up again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #107
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    I didn't have much trouble with the meat circus at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,064 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 10 (list)

29. Post #109
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,767 Posts

wow okay I was only pointing out that it reminded me of that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    I didn't find MMC all that fun, but I loved the secret agent lines. "helicopters go up and down"

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,161 Posts
    Fuuuck i really want to play this again, but i owned it digitally on my 360 which broke years ago

32. Post #112
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,359 Posts
    I didn't find MMC all that fun, but I loved the secret agent lines. "helicopters go up and down"
    Helicopters can also move sideways, but not as fast as planes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Can't wait to get to Black Velvetopia again. God I love that music.
    That was by far my least favourite level, the design was so linear I really disliked it.

Edited:

I didn't have much trouble with the meat circus at all.
    I also really disliked the meat circus, I mean the entire game is about taking your time, exploring, talking to every character, just sort of chilling and learning things about the world.

Then they're like: NOPE HERE'S THE FINALE YOU MUST RUSH THROUGH IT AHAHA.

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,802 Posts
    It wasn't my favourite level either, I just love all the music there. And the whole art style. I don't think I could even name a favourite level, I love every single one of them.
    Anyone else here loving the athmosphere in the opera? I don't know, I just love the whole phantom thing.

Damn, Psychonauts is the only thing leading me to type "love" that much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    It wasn't my favourite level either, I just love all the music there. And the whole art style. I don't think I could even name a favourite level, I love every single one of them.
    Anyone else here loving the athmosphere in the opera? I don't know, I just love the whole phantom thing.

Damn, Psychonauts is the only thing leading me to type "love" that much.
    The milkman conspiracy is pretty much the closest thing to favourite level, mostly because it represents the tipping point of the game.
    Everything up until the milkman conspiracy is a tutorial, and it is good to finally get let loose.

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Well, Lungfishopolis wasn't really a tutorial. Just shield practice.

Hell, shield isn't really that complicated and it rarely needs to be used anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,985 Posts
    I played through most of Psychonauts after grabbing it on a Steam sale long ago, but I got stuck on some late level where I couldn't get pass a boss. It's the level inside one of the guys in the    asylum, where you're in this wrestling ring and have to defeat a boss by "breaking his concentration" (psi-bomb?). I hadn't leveled up enough to have that ability, so I couldn't get past the boss and didn't find anything else to do   . If I still have the game save, what should I do?
    Find the    Matador's House. He'll give you confusion grenades.   .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Confusion grenades.

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,985 Posts
    yeah thanks

40. Post #120
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,504 Posts
    The Milkman level reminded me a lot of Super Mario Galaxy, what with the gravity bending and OH SHIT I THOUGHT I COULD JUMP THEEERRREEE AWW GOD I HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)