[release][h2]Mom charged after nurses find maggots in sick baby's diaper[/h2]
[sub]Michelle Shontel Butler[/sub]
ANDERSON COUNTY, SC (WYFF) - Police say a mother is facing charges after her sick baby was taken to an emergency room where nurses found maggots in the infant's diaper and the baby tested positive for drug exposure.
According to a Honea Path Police Department report, Michelle Butler, 20, had taken her baby to someone else's apartment, and that person told her to get medical attention for the baby, who appeared to have a fever and was pulling at his ears. The other person, whose name and relationship has not been released, gave the baby Tylenol, and told Butler to call a doctor several times, the report said.
The report said that the other person eventually called 911, and the baby was taken to AnMed Health. An officer accompanied the baby to the emergency room and said when nurses removed the baby's diaper, several maggots fell out of it.
The baby's blood and urine were tested, and came back positive for exposure to marijuana, the report said.
Officers said they checked Butler's home at Shamrock Apartments on East Hampton Avenue, and they located baby food, formula and diapers for the baby, but they said the apartment was very messy and dirty.Butler is charged with unlawful neglect of a child.[/release]
There are no words.