1. Post #41
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    That and you said,Asians are minorities too, yet statistically Blacks and Latinos are the most likely to be incarcerated for violent crimes.
    he said impoverished people, not minorities.

Asians in the US aren't as impoverished as black and latino people.

2. Post #42
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    that is true because institutional racism has been ruining the lives of minorities for hundreds of years. as a result minorities are more likely to be impoverished and impoverished people are more likely to commit crimes

Edited:

and even with that being said it's racist to assume that someone who committed a crime is black
    they can still work out of impoverishment. There's a pretty big difference between lazy nigger (or other racial slur) and respectable gentleman (or lady) who happens to be of a minority ethnicity.

3. Post #43
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    they can still work out of impoverishment. There's a pretty big difference between lazy nigger and respectable gentleman (or lady) who happens to be of a minority ethnicity.
    so if a black person is lazy they are a "nigger" but if they are a respectable gentleman or lady they just happen to be of a minority ethnicity.

mmkay

4. Post #44
    September 2009
    2,748 Posts
    so if a black person is lazy they are a "nigger" but if they are a respectable gentleman or lady they just happen to be of a minority ethnicity.

mmkay
    naw man, i know what he's saying. there's niggers/wetbacks/honkeys/chinks/whatevers, but they're all a small part of their respectable ethnic groups. And usually if you're referring to them as one of those terms they're the least respectable crowd in the group.

5. Post #45
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts

mmkay
    Not necessarily lazy, I'm talking the regular shit that makes a person like the girl in the news article the way they are, which can include laziness, entitlement, and a ton of other factors. Also, it can happen to blacks, whites, hispanics, whatever race you may choose as long as they grow up in shitty living conditions.

Mentioned above is my fault but other than that you just created the worlds most absurd strawman argument

Edited:

naw man, i know what he's saying. there's niggers/wetbacks/honkeys/chinks/whatevers, but they're all a small part of their respectable ethnic groups. And usually if you're referring to them as one of those terms they're the least respectable crowd in the group.
    pretty much this.
    Entirely hypothetical situations:
    if an african american male came into my restaurant and bought a hamburger and ate it, he's a black man.
    if an african american male came into my restaurant with his pants below his ass, yelled his order at my waitresses, and walked off without paying, it's an entirely different scenario.

6. Post #46
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,583 Posts
    did she get arrested while at the barbers?
    i dont think she knows what that is

7. Post #47
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    well nigger doesn't disrespect the small part of their respectable ethnic groups. it just disrespects everyone who's black.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    October 2008
    815 Posts
    All I can say is:
    WHAT.

THE.

FUCK!?

9. Post #49
    September 2009
    2,748 Posts
    well nigger doesn't disrespect the small part of their respectable ethnic groups. it just disrespects everyone who's black.
    if you're willing to hold a 20+ year old grudge against the word then that's your fault homes

10. Post #50
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    if you're willing to hold a 20+ year old grudge against the word then that's your fault homes
    homes?
    it's holmes.
    and it's not a grudge, more an observation on what the actual word means.

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    42,017 Posts
    How is it a 20+ year grudge if the word is STILL being used oppressively

12. Post #52
    December 2010
    2,259 Posts
    he said impoverished people, not minorities.

Asians in the US aren't as impoverished as black and latino people.
    True, but as I said there's a lot more to crime than just a few specific things. As a society we finally have a chance to really analyze the situation and form some sort of plan to solve the issues. What about all the poor people in rural areas who don't commit crimes? What about the minorities in small towns who aren't part of the criminal elements? Statistically in the town where I went to school, Caucasians are most assured to be the perpetrators of crimes, yet, there's a small but noticeable community of Latinos. In the town further down the highway, there's a fuckton of Asians that, I assume, were brought here by a wizard because they weren't here two years ago. In the other direction, lots and lots of Somalians who account for a LOT of crime in the city while the "local" African American population does not.

There's more to it than just poverty, or institutional racism, or any one thing. I truly believe it's a combination of many factors, in the right (or wrong, rather) ways that cause a specific increase in crime.

13. Post #53
    September 2009
    2,748 Posts
    dear god don't get your panties ina bunch, its a damn word

14. Post #54
    December 2010
    2,259 Posts
    Words can hurt, you know, sometimes a lot more than people like to admit.

But I do see your point.

15. Post #55
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    uh yeah
    words used to express something.
    either i regard your words, or i just dismiss them as replacements for grunts.
    now i'm inclined to do the second one.

16. Post #56
    September 2009
    2,748 Posts
    uh yeah
    words used to express something.
    either i regard your words, or i just dismiss them as replacements for grunts.
    now i'm inclined to do the second one.
    man, i live in an urban california area where whites are the minority, which in turn presents us with a whole lot of racist remarks from blacks/mexicans. its just a fucking word, get the fuck over it.

17. Post #57
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    every time thisispain posts in this section I think everyone loses a couple hundred brain cells

18. Post #58
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    man, i live in an urban california area where whites are the minority, which in turn presents us with a whole lot of racist remarks from blacks/mexicans. its just a fucking word, get the fuck over it.
    lol so do I
    i'm not going around calling people niggers though, because some of the people you call niggers happen to be my friends.

Edited:

every time thisispain posts in this section I think everyone loses a couple hundred brain cells
    i think you're working your brain a little hard if you lose that many brain cells.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    42,017 Posts
    but how could you possibly lose any more