1. Post #1
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,893 Posts
    So my birthday is in about a week or so and one of the things I've been planning to do for a while now is build a new PC. $600 is my set price. I will be ordering it in a week from now.

I have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and OS ready. Everything else is for you to decide.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,571 Posts
    Got a Case, SATA HDD and DVDRW drive? That can save you $100+ right out of the gate.

Edited:

GPU is a refurb.
    Doesn't have a case or a HDD, I figure if you need a case it's best for you to choose since you'll be the one that has to sit next to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,893 Posts
    Got a Case, SATA HDD and DVDRW drive? That can save you $100+ right out of the gate.

Edited:

GPU is a refurb.
    Doesn't have a case or a HDD, I figure if you need a case it's best for you to choose since you'll be the one that has to sit next to it.
    I do have a DVDRW drive, but I don't have a HDD to reuse. I'm not too big on flashy cases. Do you have any suggestions for one? The budget is $600 now. Should give you a bit more space to choose.

4. Post #4
    January 2012
    221 Posts
    I do have a DVDRW drive, but I don't have a HDD to reuse. I'm not too big on flashy cases. Do you have any suggestions for one? The budget is $600 now. Should give you a bit more space to choose.
    http://us.ncix.com/products/index.ph...8&promoid=1315

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=555...R&promoid=1315
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,571 Posts

I put in an i5-2400 instead of the i3 since your budget is $600 now, you may be able to find the same parts elsewhere (possibly on amazon, ncix or tigerdirect) for cheaper, i just stuck to newegg for simplicity.

The case i picked isn't too flashy and has great features for the price, cheaper than the 912 on newegg.

That HDD on NCIX looks like a good deal, i'd go for that if you can.

6. Post #6
    January 2012
    221 Posts
    If you're getting the i5-2400 you can get the i5-2500k for $10 more on ncix for a limited time..

have you thought about getting a sound card? Because onboard sucks.

i3-2100 saves you a ton of cash, $115 on ncix

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,571 Posts
    Most people can't tell the difference between onboard and standalone, unless one or the other is faulty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    January 2012
    221 Posts
    Have you even looked at sound cards?

9. Post #9
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,893 Posts
    Sound isn't too big for me. I'll stick with onboard and if I end up not liking it I'll order a sound card.
    Thanks for the help everyone. Probably would've built an overheating calculator without you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    January 2012
    221 Posts
    Xonar DG is only $30...