1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    Personally, I prefer larger maps. Smaller maps tend to have more "run n' gun" tactics, by which I mean that you can't really cover your tracks, hide single bodies or pick off players by themselves.
    Other than money dropping and ability to kill RDMers (after a certain amount of damage done to non-agents, you can be killed without karma penalty when civilian), I think the next things we should add are the:

Beanbag Shotgun

*low low low damage (5-3 HP)
    *removes stamina (takes like 3-5 seconds before you sprint again, you could push stamina into the negatives and let the regen function raise it back up slowly)
    *pushes a player back (could be used to kill near the edges of de_port)
    *causes visual disruption (like when you get hit by an antlion guard in HL2)
    *untraceable by ballistics kit (see below, since beanbag rounds don't embed themselves in your body)

would cost around $300, imo it would be a good way to slow down those goddamn spaz players who just run all over the place, so they stand still for inspection. Also it could be used to slow down agents if they try to "hit and run", and encourage more sneaky tactics.

This combined with the no sprinting if under 20 HP should pretty much discourage agents from hitting and running, and people from baiting in general.

ballistics kit:

*Extract bullets from dead bodies (and living people? maybe?)
    *Can match those bullets to someone's gun (they drop it, you examine gun, it matches with shots fired in a "table of bullets" generated when you examine a body. Bodies would be in tabs in the ballistics lab menu, each with their own table.
    *takes a weapon slot.

would require quite a bit of coding, but I think it would be worth it.

It would provide a greater incentive for agents to hide bodies in inaccessible places, or if added, burn them to deny detectives of evidence.

Also, binoculars:

Allows you to see player names at a longer distance (somewhat of a counter to dart gun snipers)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #242
    June 2011
    529 Posts
    Other than money dropping, I think the next things we should add are the:

Beanbag Shotgun

*removes stamina (takes like 3-5 seconds before you sprint again, you could push stamina into the negatives and let the regen function raise it back up slowly)
    *causes visual disruption (like when you get hit by an antlion in HL2)
    *untraceable by ballistics kit (see below, since beanbag rounds don't embed themselves in your body)

would cost around $300, imo it would be a good way to slow down those goddamn spaz players who just run all over the place, so they stand still for inspection. Also it could be used to slow down agents if they try to "hit and run", and encourage more sneaky tactics.

This combined with the no sprinting if under 20 HP should pretty much discourage agents from hitting and running, and people from baiting in general.

ballistics kit:

*Can match those bullets to someone's gun (they drop it, you examine gun, it matches with shots fired in a "table of bullets" generated when you examine a body. Bodies would be in tabs in the ballistics lab menu, each with their own table.
    *takes a weapon slot.

It would provide a greater incentive for agents to hide bodies in inaccessible places, or if added, burn them to deny detectives of evidence.

Also, binoculars:

Allows you to see player names at a longer distance (somewhat of a counter to dart gun snipers)
    This is good shit. Gives good-guy and high karma players something to use with all their money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    The game is fun, but it's a little slow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,940 Posts
    So I joined the server and got backstabbed right after I spawned
    Four people saw me getting killed, examined my body saw that I was an agent and said "good job" to the guy that killed me (With a knife! Without any proof!)
    What the hell

Edited:

I guess I will stop playing this gamemode for a short while, community is going downhill pretty fast

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    So I joined the server and got backstabbed right after I spawned
    Four people saw me getting killed, examined my body saw that I was an agent and said "good job" to the guy that killed me (With a knife! Without any proof!)
    What the hell

Edited:

I guess I will stop playing this gamemode for a short while, community is going downhill pretty fast
    just sounds like noobs

tbh, try explaining, it's pretty hard to pick up for most people.

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,940 Posts
    just sounds like noobs

tbh, try explaining, it's pretty hard to pick up for most people.
    I guess you are right
    I was just a little bit pissed because I was waiting for 10 minutes to get into that round
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    I guess you are right
    I was just a little bit pissed because I was waiting for 10 minutes to get into that round
    it happens to everyone, haha

once at the beginning of a round, I shoot a guy for not stopping, he pulls a dart gun and pops me

I gun him down but I die because I couldn't get to the mailbox fast enough.

this is in the first 30 sec.

8. Post #248
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    Also don't kill unarmed civilians as an Agent, that will rape your karma apparently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #249
    Other than money dropping and ability to kill RDMers (after a certain amount of damage done to non-agents, you can be killed without karma penalty when civilian), I think the next things we should add are the:

Beanbag Shotgun

*causes visual disruption (like when you get hit by an antlion guard in HL2)

ballistics kit:

*takes a weapon slot.

Also, binoculars:

For the beanbag shotgun - I'll just implement slow-downs when a player gets shot instead. Would make more sense and reduce the need for something like that. But if you think it'll be any of use, then I can do that.
    Also, what key combo should a player press in order to drop dosh?
    As for the damage to innocents, sure.

10. Post #250
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    957 Posts
    For the beanbag shotgun - I'll just implement slow-downs when a player gets shot instead. Would make more sense and reduce the need for something like that. But if you think it'll be any of use, then I can do that.
    Is v (noclip) bound? If not, overwrite "noclip" for dropping money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    yeah "v" sounds good, if that doesn't work, F3 (you were talking about adding a menu where you could select an amount to drop, in F3. If you do that, perhaps use the one dollar bill model for amounts under $50 and the $100 stack model for amounts over that)

as for the beanbag, it still would be unique, I'm assuming a 9mm/5.7 would have a slowdown of -40 stamina (out of 100 points), .45 about -60, and .50AE -80.

*Beanbag would deal -200/-150 stamina (capping at -200 or -100, not sure) against a persons stamina, not only stopping them but also preventing them from sprinting from some time.

*However it would also do very little damage to HP (so it wouldn't fill up that "damage against innocents" quota quickly), making it a much better option for those people that need to be detained but not shot

*It would also have a unique knockback effect, which could be used to kill by pushing people off ledges by agents.

Also, be sure to make that "amount of damage that can be dealt to an innocent before a civilian can be killed without penalty" a server variable, there's been a lot of debate about what it's value should be (ranging from 90 to 190). I'd say a default of 150 is safe though. I'm not sure how it would be handled after that point, maybe mark a player as "Rogue" or "Crazy" on the playerlist after they've dealth that much damage as a civilian

We might want to reserve "Rogue" for agents that have killed 2+ civilians, and have their identity revealed, though, if that mechanic is implemented.

12. Post #252
    Heisenberg
    March 2005
    4,321 Posts
    If your going to add dropping money it should aleast use the killing floor sound ;D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    June 2011
    529 Posts
    I really want a beanbag shotgun now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    I really want a beanbag shotgun now.
    plus it's a shotgun so you feel more badass with it

15. Post #255
    I'm assuming a 9mm/5.7 would have a slowdown of -40 stamina (out of 100 points), .45 about -60, and .50AE -80.
    Wut. Right now your stamina decreases by 40% of the damage you receive (20 dmg = 8 stamina points loss). The thing I implemented slows you down to 50% after taking damage, then it gradually goes back to 100%.

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    Wut. Right now your stamina decreases by 40% of the damage you receive. The thing I implemented slows you down to 50% after taking damage, then it gradually goes back to 100%.
    still, the beanbag should have some advantage over regular bullet slowdowns, perhaps slows you down 30-35% and it takes longer to recover.

50% seems a bit drastic for regular bullets, and again, I think it should scale. I'd say ~80% speed for 5.7mm, ~70% for 9mm ~60% for .45, ~50% for .50AE.

17. Post #257
    still, the beanbag should have some advantage over regular bullet slowdowns, perhaps slows you down 30-35% and it takes longer to recover.

50% seems a bit drastic for regular bullets, and again, I think it should scale. I'd say ~80% speed for 5.7mm, ~70% for 9mm ~60% for .45, ~50% for .50AE.
    You're over-complicating this again and I'm trying to keep it simple.

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    You're over-complicating this again and I'm trying to keep it simple.
    tie the slowdown % directly to the damage then, if that's too complicated.

a slowdown (for a normal bullet) would do:

Code:
    if (currentspeed*((100-Damagedone)/100) > MIN_PLAYER_SPEED) then speed = currentspeed*((100-Damagedone)/100);
    elseif (currentspeed*((100-Damagedone)/100) <= MIN_PLAYER_SPEED) then speed = MIN_PLAYER_SPEED);
    for beanbag:

Code:
    if (currentspeed*((100-Damagedone)/100 - 0.7) > MIN_PLAYER_SPEED) then speed = currentspeed*((100-Damagedone)/100 - 0.7);
    elseif (currentspeed*((100-Damagedone)/100 - 0.7) <= MIN_PLAYER_SPEED) then speed = MIN_PLAYER_SPEED);
    replace my fake variables with actual variables, round if necessary and you're set.

(I can make functions too, yay)

19. Post #259
    June 2011
    529 Posts
    Unfortunately, the gamemode is looking pretty dead and inactive during the weekdays, considering that most of our community play at weekends due to school and work. Until we broaden the horizons to other players, not many people are going to be playing it for the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    tie the slowdown % directly to the damage then, if that's too complicated.

a slowdown (for a normal bullet) would do:

Code:
    if (currentspeed*((100-Damagedone)/100) > MIN_PLAYER_SPEED) then speed = currentspeed*((100-Damagedone)/100);
    elseif (currentspeed*((100-Damagedone)/100) <= MIN_PLAYER_SPEED) then speed = MIN_PLAYER_SPEED);
    for beanbag:

Code:
    if (currentspeed*((100-Damagedone)/100 - 0.7) > MIN_PLAYER_SPEED) then speed = currentspeed*((100-Damagedone)/100 - 0.7);
    elseif (currentspeed*((100-Damagedone)/100 - 0.7) <= MIN_PLAYER_SPEED) then speed = MIN_PLAYER_SPEED);
    replace my fake variables with actual variables, round if necessary and you're set.

(I can make functions too, yay)
    FYI I am not adding in the beanbag shotgun, since the slowdown is already received from taking damage and the stamina loss from damage is now 50% instead of 40% basing on the damage.

Here's the current changelog, if I forgot to add something, then tell me, and read it instead of just replying. (that applies to you, trotskygrad and Jake Abbott)

changelog.txt posted:
    1.0.5:
    + Players now have their sprint speed slowed down to 50% after taking damage (the slow-down dissapears in about 1-2 secs)
    + When a player has 20 health or less, his sprint speed increase will be 15% (as opposed to 138% when healthy) and he won't be able to grab onto ledges to pull himself up
    + Now if a Civilian does more than 175 damage points to Civilians/VIP, then that player can be killable with no karma loss as a Civilian (the amount of damage is controllable via convar)
    + Added 14 more tips
    + Now if an Agent examines a dead body and there are players nearby, then he will report the dead body
    + Added a "Report body" button for Agents when they're examining dead bodies and need to report dead bodies in order to prevent giving themselves away
    /\ Holding down your sprint key while using the voice chat now increases it's range 2x (you pretty much shout this way, which is useful when there are lots of people running somewhere and you need to notify them of something)
    /\ Joining a different radio channel now wipes the current master password information
    /\ Joining the default radio channel now sets the correct channel info
    /\ Sprinting left/right/back is now slower than sprinting forward
    /\ Server admins can now see the names of people who use voice chat and regular chat (for administrative purposes)
    /\ Taking damage now decreases stamina by 50% (was 40%) based on the damage received
    /\ Taking damage now also delays stamina regen by one second
    /\ Fixed using the team chat without a walkie talkie resulting in global chat (now only you can see your message)
    /\ Fixed players typing in the chat displaying their names, even if the player wasn't examined
    /\ Changed (TEAM) text to (RADIO) when using the team chat with a Walkie-talkie
    /\ If dec_noreturnfirekarmaloss is enabled, then players will now lose 2 instead of 10 karma points
    /\ Slight client-side optimization
    /\ dec_noreturnfirekarmaloss now defaults to 0. Note: if you started the gamemode once already, it will not default to 0
    I'm aware of dosh dropping, FYI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    Unfortunately, the gamemode is looking pretty dead and inactive during the weekdays, considering that most of our community play at weekends due to school and work. Until we broaden the horizons to other players, not many people are going to be playing it for the moment.
    not during the nights (in Americaland), I can usually get a 10+ player game playing if I hop on for a little bit.

If not using a beanbag shotgun, what else should be used then for "nonlethal detention"? (fyi other than this the changelog is fine)

The low damage and knockback were key factors that would differentiate it from simply shooting someone in the leg with the slowdown you implemented, people would view it as less of a lethal threat than a pistol (you would only do ~ the damage of 1 P228 headshot after dumping an entire mag into someone.)

Also, I think we need *some* way of pushing people off ledges, TTT had some crazy gravity gun shit, we could implement knockback into weapon bashing perhaps (like L4D minus the sexy animations)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    just tested armor, armor is broken, period (at least on the US server)

23. Post #263
    June 2011
    529 Posts
    Broken in what way?

24. Post #264
    Fixed! Thanks for that.

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    Fixed! Thanks for that.
    haha, you serious?

Broken in what way?

it didn't degrade and different grades didn't provide any enhanced versions over no armor.

I literally had a person with no armor and a person with kevlar stand sidy by side and fired 2 shots into the chests of both.

Both had the same health after, and the armor person had 100 armor.

26. Post #266
    haha, you serious?
    Yup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    hopefully armor will provide protection worth it's value now, haha

Also, make time for the dart gun to kill a server variable (default to 15?), as is, it's incredibly OP.

Once I sprayed down 2 civilians as VIP while chasing down my attacker

they all had the same playermodel, which brings us to the next thing, playermodel selection

it's been requested by a couple people, would only be a bit more derma to the F2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

28. Post #268
    May 2011
    35 Posts
    I Love This Mod :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #269

Also, make time for the dart gun to kill a server variable (default to 15?), as is, it's incredibly OP.

Judging by your logic a bullet to the head from a Desert Eagle is OP as well?

they all had the same playermodel, which brings us to the next thing, playermodel selection

it's been requested by a couple people, would only be a bit more derma to the F2

Wow, talk about DECEPTION and the need to remain UNKNOWN, because people ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT YOUR PLAYERMODEL IS.
    Holy shit it's like you forgot what the gamemode is about even though you designed it.

This basically breaks the point of the gamemode. Here's an example:
    Your model is male_01, because you selected it.
    Everyone else is male_02, because they selected it.
    Somebody sees you kill somebody, and they remember that your model is male_01.
    HMM, I WONDER WHO THAT COULD BE.

It's a dead fucking give-away, the idea is stupid.

30. Post #270
    One of the million useless Gold Members
    December 2010
    707 Posts
    Woah, mean.

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts

Judging by your logic a bullet to the head from a Desert Eagle is OP as well?

Wow, talk about DECEPTION and the need to remain UNKNOWN, because people ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT YOUR PLAYERMODEL IS.
    Holy shit it's like you forgot what the gamemode is about even though you designed it.

This basically breaks the point of the gamemode. Here's an example:
    Your model is male_01, because you selected it.
    Everyone else is male_02, because they selected it.
    Somebody sees you kill somebody, and they remember that your model is male_01.
    HMM, I WONDER WHO THAT COULD BE.

It's a dead fucking give-away, the idea is stupid.
    Your avatar kinda fits the response
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #272
    Woah, mean.
    I know, I'm a dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #273
    Best Gamemode Ever
    July 2011
    1,593 Posts
    I know, I'm a dick.
    At least your completely honest about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #274
    Here is version 1.0.5

1.0.5:
    + Players now have their sprint speed slowed down to 50% after taking damage (the slow-down dissapears in about 1-2 secs)
    + When a player has 20 health or less, his sprint speed increase will be 15% (as opposed to 138% when healthy) and he won't be able to grab onto ledges to pull himself up
    + Now if a Civilian does more than 175 damage points to Civilians/VIP, then that player can be killable with no karma loss as a Civilian (the amount of damage is controllable via convar)
    + Added 14 more tips
    + Players can now give each other money - to control the amount of money to give use your mouse wheel (next and previous weapon binds) and press your noclip key (default - V) to give the amount
    + Now if an Agent examines a dead body and there are players nearby, then he will report the dead body
    + Added a "Report body" button for Agents when they're examining dead bodies and need to report dead bodies in order to prevent giving themselves away
    + The first Agent who identifies the dead body of an Agent or the VIP will receive money. (100$ for an Agent, 200$ for the VIP, can be changed via console variables)
    /\ Holding down your sprint key while using the voice chat now increases it's range 2x (you pretty much shout this way, which is useful when there are lots of people running somewhere and you need to notify them of something)
    /\ Joining a different radio channel now wipes the current master password information
    /\ Joining the default radio channel now sets the correct channel info
    /\ Sprinting left/right/back is now slower than sprinting forward
    /\ Server admins can now see the names of people who use voice chat and regular chat (for administrative purposes)
    /\ Fixed armor not working

/\ Changed the stamina loss when receiving damage:
    * If you get hit in the arms/torso/etc. you lose 50% stamina based on the damage
    * If you get hit in the head, you lose 200% stamina based on the damage
    * If you get hit in the legs, you lose 125% stamina based on the damage
    * Example: you receive 20 damage, arms/torso = 10 stamina; legs = 25 stamina; head = 40 stamina

/\ Taking damage now also delays stamina regen by one second
    /\ Fixed using the team chat without a Walkie-talkie resulting in global chat (now only you can see your message if you use team chat without a Walkie-talkie)
    /\ Fixed players typing in the chat displaying their names, even if the player wasn't examined
    /\ Fixed the next tip key displaying as not bound only if your spawn menu key was not bound
    /\ Changed (TEAM) text to (RADIO) when using the team chat with a Walkie-talkie
    /\ If dec_noreturnfirekarmaloss is enabled, then players will now lose 2 instead of 10 karma points
    /\ Slight client-side optimization
    /\ dec_noreturnfirekarmaloss now defaults to 0. Note: if you started the gamemode once already, it will not default to 0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #275
    October 2008
    447 Posts
    Updated my server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    mean words
    hey, wasn't my idea, don't kill the messenger. I actually was on the edge, sort of leaning against it.

Your response was the reason I gave them against it.

As for the deagle, yeah it can be OP at times, you can approach someone as VIP and before you know it they whip out a deagle, boom headshot, you dead.

EDIT: ohey the server is still alive!

37. Post #277
    Here's a small patch that fixes 2 annoying bugs.

1.0.5.1:
    /\ "How to examine quickly" now increases exam speed by 1 sec instead of 0.75 sec
    /\ Fixed not being able to select a different weapon using the mouse wheel if the player looked at a player some time ago
    /\ Fixed a spam of instructions when you become an Agent at the start of a round

38. Post #278
    April 2011
    13 Posts
    Neat gamemode. I'd been playing it for 8 hour straight on one server and didn't really get bored. I'd hope you keep continuing to work on this, seeing as it's something nice to pick up and play, and I assume I will be doing so a lot.

39. Post #279
    Neat gamemode. I'd been playing it for 8 hour straight on one server and didn't really get bored. I'd hope you keep continuing to work on this, seeing as it's something nice to pick up and play, and I assume I will be doing so a lot.
    I just hope more people try it out instead of blindly saying "this is just TTT with a few changes".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    fixing the armor really helped the survivability of everyone

no longer do I die as easily. I can have extended SMG fights and run out of ammo.