March 2012
    8 Posts
    ---Sugestions---

1- Realistic Citizen Models

like this things...

2- Military Armor Kit

Pros
    -It can stop 30 shots of M4A1/P90 - Pistols are not effective
    -It can stop blunt trauma it means player not receive damage from torso shots until armor get destroyed. But stamania lost will be like author armors
    - You'll get last minute chance to to kill VIP and authors

Cons
    - It's 10kg heavy
    - All players see you are wearing an modern armor vest that means players won't shot your torso author parts of body.
    - It's only protects your torso
    - You will get a PMC Uniform with all armor package everyone detects you and shoot you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

2. Post #282
    June 2011
    529 Posts
    You give people the ability to give money and now they keep robbing each other. The latest tactic is to point a gun at someone with high karma, say "giv money" and shoot if they run away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #283
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    ---Sugestions---

1- Realistic Citizen Models

like this things...

2- Military Armor Kit

Pros
    -It can stop 30 shots of M4A1/P90 - Pistols are not effective
    -It can stop blunt trauma it means player not receive damage from torso shots until armor get destroyed. But stamania lost will be like author armors
    - You'll get last minute chance to to kill VIP and authors

Cons
    - It's 10kg heavy
    - All players see you are wearing an modern armor vest that means players won't shot your torso author parts of body.
    - It's only protects your torso
    - You will get a PMC Uniform with all armor package everyone detects you and shoot you
    If you think a kevlar vest or a plate carrier can stop 30 5.56 you're an idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #284
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    You give people the ability to give money and now they keep robbing each other. The latest tactic is to point a gun at someone with high karma, say "giv money" and shoot if they run away.
    I think that the karma system is a bit fucked up, I've killed armed civilians (as a civilian) and not lost karma.

5. Post #285
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,962 Posts
    I just hope more people try it out instead of blindly saying "this is just TTT with a few changes".
    It's nothing like TTT in my opinion

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    karma for civilians killing other civilians is broken, there is no loss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #287
    December 2009
    238 Posts
    what does the gamemode require just CS:s?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    one way to carry antidote was suggested, since the balance atm is really wonky, on larger maps it's OP, on smaller maps it's fine

a sneaky agent would hit you twice, if you can carry antidote.

Would force more planning on both the VIP and the agent's part.

9. Post #289
    The Sandiest of them All!
    October 2009
    169 Posts
    I love this game mode. It's not at all like TTT.

What brought about the most fun today was trying to get that 5th P90 as a civi while being punched 100 times with 0 damage. Got it in the last 10 seconds. Priceless moments.

10. Post #290

March 2012
    8 Posts
    If you think a kevlar vest or a plate carrier can stop 30 5.56 you're an idiot.
    It's not a just plate carrier, it's an armor vest with kevlar and ballistic plates it can stop easily 30 Shots of M16 or a similar weapon in real life you have to pay 2000 - 3000 Dollars for it.
    Civillians not use that kind of armor only Police Spec Ops and Army Units...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    I love this game mode. It's not at all like TTT.

What brought about the most fun today was trying to get that 5th P90 as a civi while being punched 100 times with 0 damage. Got it in the last 10 seconds. Priceless moments.
    so you're magmar

(invited you to the group, invite others)

12. Post #292
    karma for civilians killing other civilians is broken, there is no loss.
    Fixed.

I'm working on that Ballistics Kit (which is going to be called 'Ballistics Analyzer'). Here's a pic of in-game on-screen text for it (click to enlarge):

Don't forget that this is a WIP, as well as the fact that the text does not yet change.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    Fixed.

I'm working on that Ballistics Kit (which is going to be called 'Ballistics Analyzer'). Here's a pic of in-game on-screen text for it (click to enlarge):

Don't forget that this is a WIP, as well as the fact that the text does not yet change.
    looking good

might want to release that karma fix as a patch, there's a lot of "hurp durp shoot people for no reason" going on on the servers. I've lead the entire server on a wild goose chase that ends in my death.

14. Post #294
    might want to release that karma fix as a patch, there's a lot of "hurp durp shoot people for no reason" going on on the servers. I've lead the entire server on a wild goose chase that ends in my death.
    Done.

1.0.5.2:
    /\ Fixed Civilians doing more than X amount of damage to Civilians not decreasing their karma
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    unknown player mechanic feels a bit clunky atm, right now it's faster to get someone's name when they have a gun out than it is if they have it concealed.

Maybe give the player a person's name right when you start the examination, so it doesn't matter if it's success or fail, so it's just as fast as examining a person with gun out.

(Also consider changing the text from "Dangerous" to "Armed", "Suspicious" to "Concealing", and "Trusted" to "Unarmed" would confuse a lot less noobs who shoot people because they're "Dangerous" or "Suspicious", for the next release)

I could easily make that lua edit, however I would have to give the file back to you for you to upload

16. Post #296
    unknown player mechanic feels a bit clunky atm, right now it's faster to get someone's name when they have a gun out than it is if they have it concealed.

Maybe give the player a person's name right when you start the examination, so it doesn't matter if it's success or fail, so it's just as fast as examining a person with gun out.

(Also consider changing the text from "Dangerous" to "Armed", "Suspicious" to "Concealing", and "Trusted" to "Unarmed" would confuse a lot less noobs who shoot people because they're "Dangerous" or "Suspicious", for the next release)

I could easily make that lua edit, however I would have to give the file back to you for you to upload
    Concealing sounds cheesy, but I just changed the text for Dangerous and Trusted.
    By the way, who should get access to the ballistics analyzer? VIP only?
    What should be it's price?

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    Concealing sounds cheesy, but I just changed the text for Dangerous and Trusted.
    By the way, who should get access to the ballistics analyzer? VIP only?
    What should be it's price?
    $400-$500, it would require money sharing or a considerable amount of time, plus you could buy 2 high-tier guns with that money.

I'd say make it available to everyone. Less civilians carrying guns the better, plus the VIP probably is too nervous to do any investigation anyways, what's to say he won't be backstabbed while collecting evidence?

(tbh, that's the sort of opportunity I always look for as agent, a VIP getting his mail, or examining a body, shank time)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #298
    $400-$500, it would require money sharing or a considerable amount of time, plus you could buy 2 high-tier guns with that money.

I'd say make it available to everyone. Less civilians carrying guns the better, plus the VIP probably is too nervous to do any investigation anyways, what's to say he won't be backstabbed while collecting evidence?

(tbh, that's the sort of opportunity I always look for as agent, a VIP getting his mail, or examining a body, shank time)
    Now that is a good idea.

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    I've been debating whether we should make SMGs unconcealable (for realism, how the hell are you going to shove a MP5 down your pants anyways), when holstered they go on your back, etc.

Since most VIPs who buy SMGs take the "massive dick out strategy" where they walk around with it out, it seems like a good idea. It would reduce the amount of omgwtfbbq caused by agents who just buy a TMP and spray an entire crowd down with it when there's 1 minute left, after whipping it out in the middle of a crowd.

For agents who want to still have the concealable firepower, add USP, make glock full auto, price glock at 600-700.

Would be a really drastic change to gameplay, would like feedback though.

20. Post #300
    I've been debating whether we should make SMGs unconcealable (for realism, how the hell are you going to shove a MP5 down your pants anyways), when holstered they go on your back, etc.

Since most VIPs who buy SMGs take the "massive dick out strategy" where they walk around with it out, it seems like a good idea. It would reduce the amount of omgwtfbbq caused by agents who just buy a TMP and spray an entire crowd down with it when there's 1 minute left, after whipping it out in the middle of a crowd.
    "HMM I HAVE THIS JACKET AND INNER SEVERAL POCKETS IN IT, NO SIR, I CAN'T FIT MY SMG IN THERE, NOPE."

21. Post #301
    June 2011
    529 Posts

For agents who want to still have the concealable firepower, add USP, make glock full auto, price glock at 600-700.

Whilst I sort of agree with what you're saying, I think that heavy weaponry / SMGs are one of the few ways that players have to combat large groups of players ( or as I like to call them, #OCCUPYMAILBOX ).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #302

March 2012
    8 Posts

I'm agree with you and i'm create a Reality Server for this gamemode

in Deception Reality (Hardcore)
    - Headshots from any weapons instant kills... (Boom ! Headshot)
    Because you are not a soldier you are not wearing ballistic helmet !

Running and Walking speed will be realistic near to real life...

No health regan. You have to buy medkits.

Medium CSS Maps for server's map cycle.

- Torso 5 shots of a 9mm will kill you
    - Torso 5.7 shots 2-3
    - Torso 50.AE (Desert Eagle) 2
    You will get killed 5 or 2 shots from any weapon to torso.

- Legs And Arms similar to Torso damage...

- in Reality Server 3 Types of Body Armor
    1- Dyneema Vest (250 Dollars)
    it stops %35 of damage from any weapon/melee
    Slow down you %5

2- Kevlar Vest(350 Dollars)
    it stops %50 of damage from any weapon/melee
    Slow down you %15

3- Vest with Ballistic Plates(750 Dollars)
    it stops %100 of damage from any weapon/melee
    after getting 30 shots of P90 it destroys...
    Slow down you %30
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

23. Post #303
    June 2011
    529 Posts
    I'm agree with you and i'm create a Reality Server for this gamemode

in Deception Reality (Hardcore)
    - Headshots from any weapons instant kills... (Boom ! Headshot)
    Because you are not a soldier you are not wearing ballistic helmet !

Running and Walking speed will be realistic near to real life...

No health regan. You have to buy medkits.

Medium CSS Maps for server's map cycle.

- Torso 5 shots of a 9mm will kill you
    - Torso 5.7 shots 2-3
    - Torso 50.AE (Desert Eagle) 2
    You will get killed 5 or 2 shots from any weapon to torso.

- Legs And Arms similar to Torso damage...

- in Reality Server 3 Types of Body Armor
    1- Dyneema Vest (250 Dollars)
    it stops %35 of damage from any weapon/melee
    Slow down you %5

2- Kevlar Vest(350 Dollars)
    it stops %50 of damage from any weapon/melee
    Slow down you %15

after getting 30 shots of P90 it destroys...
    Slow down you %30
    ...Okay.

Have a box.

24. Post #304

March 2012
    8 Posts
    ...Okay.

Have a box.
    thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    "HMM I HAVE THIS JACKET AND INNER SEVERAL POCKETS IN IT, NO SIR, I CAN'T FIT MY SMG IN THERE, NOPE."
    it would bulge like a motherfucker, plus find me an inner pocket with the dimensions 55cm by 26cm. (or 29cm by ~40cm, for the Mac10)

Whilst I sort of agree with what you're saying, I think that heavy weaponry / SMGs are one of the few ways that players have to combat large groups of players ( or as I like to call them, #OCCUPYMAILBOX ).

whaaat.

Crowds are an asset if you can blend in successfully.

Anyways, I'm trying to encourage more tactical thinking than boring "bank and shoot" strategies that appear to the current "pushtowin" button.

Edited:

would be easy as fuck for the agents... wouldn't really fit the current game.

Currently I'm thinking "fun before realism", which was the mantra of urban terror, which I loved.

You're thinking the opposite.

26. Post #306

July 2008
    135 Posts
    It's a tactic that people figured was a good idea, and in a way it is.

You have two options if you get robbed. Either comply and lose out on some money, or most likely get shot. It's not a big deal, as long as you're not autistic.

27. Post #307
    June 2011
    529 Posts
    It's a tactic that people figured was a good idea, and in a way it is.

You have two options if you get robbed. Either comply and lose out on some money, or most likely get shot. It's not a big deal, as long as you're not autistic.

I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with it. In fact, it's quite good.

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    1 shot sniper rifles? cost 200, one time use, nonconcealable.

Edited:

was messing with ulx ent

don't try this at home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #309
    September 2010
    127 Posts
    *God mode*

And Trot, I think a snioper riofle (maybe not a one-time use one though) would be expensive. Well, if it had all the phancy stuff they have these days, like free-float barrels and whatnot, anyways. A ghetto one probably wouldn't cost that much though.

30. Post #310
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    *God mode*

And Trot, I think a snioper riofle (maybe not a one-time use one though) would be expensive. Well, if it had all the phancy stuff they have these days, like free-float barrels and whatnot, anyways. A ghetto one probably wouldn't cost that much though.
    haha yeah that idea is indeed godmode, backstabs and deagleheadshot are currently what keeps agent balanced vs. the VIP, and preventing it from being OP, since with armor a VIP can win a SMG vs. SMG fight.

It just looks expensive, I want to make it a dual use item (use it's scope to identify people and observe at long range as a primary function, shooting would only be done as a secondary function, since it only has one shot), make it buyable for everyone for the price of an expensive pistol (300-350). It would allow the civilian to take on another role, that of the person up top (with a walkie talkie) watching over interactions and maybe shooting the person who pickpockets. The entire idea I'm trying to develop with the role of the civilian is that civilian should be the "play as you want" class/role, to make it fun for most of the server. Want to be a detective? go do that. Want to be a bodyguard? go do that. We should try to expand the possible roles of the civilian with new weapons and features, not bolster the already excellent agent armory. (this especially applies to sniper rifles, maybe make them non-buyable as agent, as an interesting dynamic, though it could lead to "everyone give $300 to ____, if he doesn't buy a sniper he's an agent!")

Lots of people want snipers, and I think that they're justified at times. We should try incorporating and testing them in various implementations (with a disable snipers convar) now, so we can find a combination that works.

Same applies to assault rifles, now that armor is properly fixed, VIPs can tank a bit more damage, and the "cornercamp" strategy works a bit better. A $1000 nonconcealable (maybe nonreloadable?) Galil or AK would solve that, forcing the VIP and civilians to be more proactive in tracking agents down.

(Also, a "antidote" item that you can keep in inventory (maybe takes a weapon slot?) would be really nice, no more menu fumbling while your vision is blurred and shit, can compensate by making the dart gun slightly more lethal. Because really, "intense menu action" just is sort of annoying.)

Also, I plan to make a deception trailer this weekend, if you want in let me know.

31. Post #311
    (Also, a "antidote" item that you can keep in inventory (maybe takes a weapon slot?) would be really nice, no more menu fumbling while your vision is blurred and shit, can compensate by making the dart gun slightly more lethal. Because really, "intense menu action" just is sort of annoying.)

Also, I plan to make a deception trailer this weekend, if you want in let me know.
    I'll just make an icon appear in the upper left corner of the screen. Pressing 6 would use the antidote.

32. Post #312
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    lolwut, that's weird, I was thinking the exact same implementation, except it would appear slightly below your armor, instead of in the upper left corner, a little antidote icon with a [6] next to it.

I even had the same keypress idea (6 key), weird.

sounds good, go ahead with it.

33. Post #313
    lolwut, that's weird, I was thinking the exact same implementation, except it would appear slightly below your armor, instead of in the upper left corner, a little antidote icon with a [6] next to it.

I even had the same keypress idea (6 key), weird.

sounds good, go ahead with it.
    Hivemind, fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    might want to jack up the price a bit too, I'd say $25 is about a good price, at $10 it's a no-brainer and everyone and their dog will buy antidote.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #315
    Same applies to assault rifles, now that armor is properly fixed, VIPs can tank a bit more damage, and the "cornercamp" strategy works a bit better. A $1000 [b]nonconcealable (maybe nonreloadable?)[b] Galil or AK would solve that, forcing the VIP and civilians to be more proactive in tracking agents down.
    >walk into a group of players
    >take out my AK-47
    >shout "WHICH ONE OF YOU IS THE VIP?!" into my microphone
    >every single player draw out their pistols
    >they shoot me to death
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    >walk into a group of players
    >take out my AK-47
    >shout "WHICH ONE OF YOU IS THE VIP?!" into my microphone
    >every single player draw out their pistols
    >they shoot me to death
    the idea is late game, most players know who the VIP is, however if the players are all protecting the VIP, you'll usually die if you try to kill the VIP. If the VIP is smart, he'll keep moving, eliminating the deagle as a reliable strategy for assassination. This allows you to account for that strategy by saving up and having a powerful weapon available that can take out the VIP in such a situation.

As for snipers, another balancing idea if you decide to implement them is to have enhanced karma penalties for the shooter, and decreased karma penalties for the people who shoot the sniper (maybe). This would force potential civilian snipers to communicate with the team, or risk being shot in a friendly fire incident.

thinking:
    Agent: -35 karma for killing a civilian with a sniper + identity reveal (-40 for unarmed)
    VIP: -30 karma for killing civilian with a sniper. Only -2 karma if you kill a civilian with a sniper.
    Civilian: -30 karma for killing civilian with a sniper, -50 for killing VIP (oh yeah, instant ban (from average karma levels) if you hit the VIP, so be careful), only -5 karma if you kill another civilian who is holding a sniper. (as for civilian snipers shooting civilian snipers, -25)

that way it would force players to be careful, and make snipers rather unappealing since you could just be randomly shot.

Also, the weekend effect illustrated

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #317
    June 2011
    529 Posts
    Not really playing much until the weekends, so don't expect regular gametimes on the group page much more.

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,526 Posts
    I usually get a game going around 4-6 US time every day when I can. Usually goes till 8-9 ish

39. Post #319
    May 2010
    1,372 Posts
    IMO, I think a sniper shouldn't be just one shot, it should have a low clip, say 3-5 and make extra ammo quite expensive.

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,962 Posts
    Played this with a small group of people
    Everyone seems to have major FPS drop when looking at the mail box (from 100 to 17 fps)
    Oh and please make spectators be able to examine bodies