1. Post #241
    Oh wow. Aubrey is actually talking to the viewers about the game via chat a little bit.

Edited:

20 hours to finish.
    David seems the most done.

Edited:

Or wait...The Wolfire people are together. Where is Oxeye stream?
    The first stream is Oxeye

2. Post #242
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    Then where's the Mojang stream?

3. Post #243
    October 2010
    1,166 Posts
    Just found this WIP image on the OXeye website

isometric WWII post apocolyptic dungeon crawler beat em up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Show Events Winner Winner x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Then where's the Mojang stream?
    nowhere
    they're sleeping
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Argentina Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    May 2010
    90 Posts
    Bought it. The first test version is ok.... It has potential I think.

6. Post #246
    RQ
    February 2012
    6 Posts
    Got it yesterday, seems promising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,971 Posts
    Sometimes, I feel like the only one that semi-likes Mojang, I mean I love minecraft
    I like minecraft but I dislike Mojangs "raise the price and do nothing to earn money" attitude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

8. Post #248
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    nowhere
    they're sleeping
    All the time?

9. Post #249
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    You are expecting way too much for a game made in a weekend with little to no planning. It doesn't even matter if the games are that good in the end, it's for charity, no one is expecting anything revolutionairy.
    I'm not expecting too much I don't think. RTS is simple enough to create. And to make a shooter out of that was the first thing they focused on because they knew it would be the most timely thing to get done.

After playing the latest demo I think they gave up on the RTS part and just went with Shooter. I'm not surprised to be honest, even if they only had to make an RTS I don't know how they could finish it in 60 hours.

Back when I took a programming course (it was more of a introductory course than anything) we were given a final assignment that would be like 15% of our final mark. The goal was to create a video game using Turing, a very basic coding language. We were to work in teams of two.

I had an idea for an RTS while my partner had an idea for an RPG. We both decided to make a basic demo to show off each others concept to decide which one we go for. My RTS, although very difficult, was do able however it would have taken a lot of time which we did not have. My partners demo however was perfect for what we had to work with. And because Turing is not a very flexible code we went with an old school text based system which worked perfectly. We provided the player with a hand drawn map of the world so the player would know where everything is. While the game itself would take his/her inputs when going in a certain direction.

Too long, didn't read;
    I know what these guys have to deal with and I understand completely if they have to drop a few ideas to get the final product functional for release on such a short time frame. However with that said, they have a lot more experience with coding than I do and the language is far more flexible than what I'm familiar with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #250

July 2011
    614 Posts
    Wow the Oxeye game looks great.

11. Post #251
    fucking incredible
    September 2008
    4,633 Posts
    Just found this WIP image on the OXeye website

isometric WWII post apocolyptic dungeon crawler beat em up
    I'm so confused. I saw that on the Mojang stream, but I swear Jeb was working on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #252
    Since it seems most of you have the intelligence of a retarded housecat:

-The mojang stream is currently showing the Oxeye team, you can tell by the giant "oxeye" text on the corner
    -Jeb is part of Oxeye
    -The mojang team is currently asleep
    -You can see what songs they're playing using this Last.FM profile
    -You can also see Wolfire's progress on their own game using their respective tags.
    -You can ask the Oxeye team stuff by tweeting @Frall_

THE GAMES ARE (and latest builds):
    Mojang: RTS Shoot-em-up set in steampunk egypt http://assets.mojang.com/mojam/cs.html
    Oxeye: Nothing released yet, dungeoncrawler set in post-apocalyptic WWII
    Wolfire: No idea what the topic is. http://••••••••wolfiremojam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Argentina Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

13. Post #253
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    I thought Wolfire was just making one game.

Edited:

Also I didn't know Jeb was part of Oxeye.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    October 2010
    1,166 Posts
    I'm not expecting too much I don't think. RTS is simple enough to create. And to make a shooter out of that was the first thing they focused on because they knew it would be the most timely thing to get done.

After playing the latest demo I think they gave up on the RTS part and just went with Shooter. I'm not surprised to be honest, even if they only had to make an RTS I don't know how they could finish it in 60 hours.

Back when I took a programming course (it was more of a introductory course than anything) we were given a final assignment that would be like 15% of our final mark. The goal was to create a video game using Turing, a very basic coding language. We were to work in teams of two.

I had an idea for an RTS while my partner had an idea for an RPG. We both decided to make a basic demo to show off each others concept to decide which one we go for. My RTS, although very difficult, was do able however it would have taken a lot of time which we did not have. My partners demo however was perfect for what we had to work with. And because Turing is not a very flexible code we went with an old school text based system which worked perfectly. We provided the player with a hand drawn map of the world so the player would know where everything is. While the game itself would take his/her inputs when going in a certain direction.

Too long, didn't read;
    I know what these guys have to deal with and I understand completely if they have to drop a few ideas to get the final product functional for release on such a short time frame. However with that said, they have a lot more experience with coding than I do and the language is far more flexible than what I'm familiar with.
    You know nothing. Don't assume that anything is easy. Art assets take ages to create. Testing takes ages. Stop whining.

15. Post #255
    fucking incredible
    September 2008
    4,633 Posts
    Since it seems most of you have the intelligence of a retarded housecat:

-The mojang stream is currently showing the Oxeye team, you can tell by the giant "oxeye" text on the corner
    -Jeb is part of Oxeye
    -The mojang team is currently asleep
    -You can see what songs they're playing using this Last.FM profile
    -You can also see Wolfire's David and Aubrey's progress on their own game using their respective tags.
    -You can ask the Oxeye team stuff by tweeting @Frall_
    I figured that out.
    Did not know that.
    That was obvious.
    I don't care what songs their using...
    I knew that.
    Didn't know that.

Also that first sentence feels like unnecessary flaming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

16. Post #256
    October 2010
    1,166 Posts
    I thought Wolfire was just making one game.

Edited:

Also I didn't know Jeb was part of Oxeye.
    They are. Audrey is doing art assets and the other guy is coding and testing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,491 Posts
    They are freaking listening to Lazytown.

18. Post #258
    They are freaking listening to Lazytown.
    It's a piece of cake to make an indie game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #259
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    You know nothing. Don't assume that anything is easy. Art assets take ages to create. Testing takes ages. Stop whining.
    If you read anything I think you'd understand that I said clear as day that I understand that they won't be able to make what some of us (including myself) might have imagined. I've stopped whining and I know all about the development process of a game which is why I don't care what kind of game comes out of them after their 60 hours is up.

I understand they are running off an extremely short time limit. It's like getting a driver of a car that can go 0-60 in 10 seconds to go 0-60 in 3 seconds in the same car without any modifications.

20. Post #260
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    The Mojang/Oxeye Stream chat is full of so many stupid people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    fucking incredible
    September 2008
    4,633 Posts
    What is David doing?

22. Post #262
    October 2010
    1,166 Posts
    Ahhh my back

Sit up man!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Show Events Funny Funny x 5Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,258 Posts

"makin indie games"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,712 Posts
    Put down $10. If the games are good or not the money goes to help others.

Catacomb Snatch doesn't look too bad so far, lots of place holders at the moment though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

25. Post #265
    fucking incredible
    September 2008
    4,633 Posts
    Wait, was that Overgrowth I just saw before David went to bed?

26. Post #266
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    Mojang, who is currently asleep, has 13 hours to finish their entire game.

From the looks of things based on the current build, either they haven't updated in awhile or they're probably not going to put out a legitimate product within the time constraints.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    Bold Member
    Dennab
    October 2006
    3,815 Posts
    Latest version of Wolfire's game.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/Moja...WebPlayer.html

Edit: Controls are WASD for movement, Q and E shooting.

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,971 Posts
    Latest version of Wolfire's game.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/Moja...WebPlayer.html

Edit: Controls are WASD for movement, Q and E shooting.
    It's so good compared to mojang's build
    Seriously the artstyle is pretty sweet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    Oxeye stream showing multiplayer.

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    supposidly there is going to be alot more action on the mojang stream today as they are going to ask the 8 year olds to give notch and the team stupid questions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

31. Post #271
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    8,412 Posts
    Oh I hear the temple theme from Zelda II in the mojang/oxeye stream

lovely

32. Post #272
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,079 Posts
    Look at dem bullets, Pure sex right there

33. Post #273
    Bold Member
    Dennab
    October 2006
    3,815 Posts
    Now that the art assets have been shown off, everyone is off of mojang's ass. The game is becoming just that, a game, and now everyone is like OH LOOKS GOOD.

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,017 Posts
    These look really good. Sodding no paypal...

Oh god, Notch + Jacob just had a bacon fight

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    1,649 Posts
    BACON PUNCH

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,491 Posts

Supposedly they'll have an actual video of it up soon but I grabbed those screencaps as they were doing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #277
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    The game is coming together quickly and is looking quite good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,712 Posts
    Mojangs game Catacomb snatch in the current build.

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    Mojangs game Catacomb snatch in the current build.
    I am more interested in the one they keep showing on the stream. They got rails and it looks like you got to make a rail line to the other side of the map.