November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    bad ending sucked

gameplay could've been better

2. Post #42
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts
    pile of garbage, sorry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,183 Posts
    "Node Graph out of Date. rebuilding..."
    Look out for those node graphs.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,055 Posts
    RWS outsourced to a Russian studio because they knew they couldn't be bothered to develop it themselves.
    Running With Scissors outsourced the development because the RWS team in its current state is nearly non-existent. They just didn't have the resources to make the game by themselves. The Postal 3 credits only list about nine people and one dog mascot for RWS, and of those, their writer Bill Kunkel and their mascot Champ have both passed away within the last year.

That isn't to say RWS didn't have an impact on the game's development. They did all of the writing, had a concept artist that defined the look for the game, and they handled and recorded all of the English voice acting. However, the actual implementation of these ideas fell on Trashmasters, the Russian studio that carried out the physical game creating work. Any faults in the gameplay (which are being largely overblown due to a lot of bandwagoning right now) falls on them as RWS can't do much at this point other than send a bunch messages overseas saying "fix it" in Russki or whatever and hope their pleas don't fall on deaf ears.

It really is an unfortunate scenario for Running With Scissors as they're among the few ever-dwindling number of game developers (or remnants thereof, in RWS's case) still around that dare to make games according to their own wishes rather than for maximum profit potential. They fought tooth and nail to make Postal 2 and the story is no different with Postal 3. Of course, the circumstances obviously weren't as ideal this time. They're isn't down for the count just yet, but it will be a sad day if one of the last companies that gives a crap about their games and their fans goes under. They simply don't make them like Running With Scissors anymore.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    December 2009
    1,498 Posts
    Running With Scissors outsourced the development because the RWS team in its current state is nearly non-existent. They just didn't have the resources to make the game by themselves. The Postal 3 credits only list about nine people and one dog mascot for RWS, and of those, their writer Bill Kunkel and their mascot Champ have both passed away within the last year.

That isn't to say RWS didn't have an impact on the game's development. They did all of the writing, had a concept artist that defined the look for the game, and they handled and recorded all of the English voice acting. However, the actual implementation of these ideas fell on Trashmasters, the Russian studio that carried out the physical game creating work. Any faults in the gameplay (which are being largely overblown due to a lot of bandwagoning right now) falls on them as RWS can't do much at this point other than send a bunch messages overseas saying "fix it" in Russki or whatever and hope their pleas don't fall on deaf ears.

It really is an unfortunate scenario for Running With Scissors as they're among the few ever-dwindling number of game developers (or remnants thereof, in RWS's case) still around that dare to make games according to their own wishes rather than for maximum profit potential. They fought tooth and nail to make Postal 2 and the story is no different with Postal 3. Of course, the circumstances obviously weren't as ideal this time. They're isn't down for the count just yet, but it will be a sad day if one of the last companies that gives a crap about their games and their fans goes under. They simply don't make them like Running With Scissors anymore.
    Honestly the writing and terrible outdated/low brow humor was a lot worse than the gameplay. Which is saying a lot because the gameplay was horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    it will be a sad day if one of the last companies that gives a crap about their games and their fans goes under. They simply don't make them like Running With Scissors anymore.
    then why the fuck did they make Postal 3?
    if they gave a crap about their games and their fans, they wouldn't put out this awful shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,900 Posts
    Honestly the writing and terrible outdated/low brow humor was a lot worse than the gameplay. Which is saying a lot because the gameplay was horrible.
    I haven't played Postal 3, but I remember a lot of people not liking the low brow humor of Postal 2.
    I doubt Postal 3's humor is as bad as the women getting raped by aliens in DNF.

Some people like Postal's humor, some don't.

Edited:

What I mean is the humor in P3 radically different than it was in P2?

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,042 Posts
    What I mean is the humor in P3 radically different than it was in P2?
    The jokes are way more dull.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,296 Posts
    The jokes are way more dull.
    I wouldn't call them duller than Postal 2, because 3/4ths of all the jokes/one-liners are the exact same as Postal 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

10. Post #50
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    I don't think I ever laughed once at Postal 2 except for the initial absurdity of some of the weapons and mechanics.

11. Post #51
    Gold Member

November 2005
    793 Posts
    Could of been better if RWS personally worked on. But I believe they are planning a HD Remake of Postal 1 that won't be the same russian developers it seems.
    http://forums.gopostal.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180

12. Post #52
    Painting I painted for the occasion;

not that I want Postal III, I just really like how this scene looks;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 14 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,981 Posts
    $40 ahahahaha

Edited:

i'm worth way more
    I'll pay you $80 for another picture of your ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    I shall take out my frustration of playing Postal 3 by playing Postal 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,276 Posts
    It was out since 2011? Where the fuck am I living in?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    December 2009
    1,636 Posts
    It feels and plays like an "average" Half Life 2 mod, not a standalone game AT ALL and not to mention the price. This is just horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,126 Posts
    Anybody want to explain what's bad about it? I was really looking forward to it, because Postal 2 is one of my favourite games, just great for stress relief. So what's so bad about this?

18. Post #58
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    Anybody want to explain what's bad about it? I was really looking forward to it, because Postal 2 is one of my favourite games, just great for stress relief. So what's so bad about this?
    default source explosions
    nuff' said
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

19. Post #59
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    I bought this game because it is fantastic!!!!!

SIKE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    I'd buy it if it were a reasonable price. Maybe 20$. Hell, 30$. 50$ is just expensive and this game has been getting awful reviews.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #61
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    Postal 2 is a lot better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,439 Posts
    I'd buy it if it were a reasonable price. Maybe 20$. Hell, 30$. 50$ is just expensive and this game has been getting awful reviews.
    It won't stay full price for very long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,410 Posts
    Maybe when it's 5.

Edited:

And I'm drunk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,201 Posts
    Maybe when it's 5.

Edited:

And I'm drunk.

Edited:

And I lost a bet
    FTFY

25. Post #65
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    14,137 Posts
    Honestly, Postal 3 was pretty much exactly what I expected from it. I just wish that you could free roam and such during the main story as you could during Postal 2, and that there were the simple pseudo-RPG elements from Postal 2.

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    118 Posts
    Postal 1 was better than Postal 2 and this shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,373 Posts
    Why

Why wasn't it freeroam?

Why why why why why why why

Also there are like, 4 guns you can use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Postal 1 was better than Postal 2 and this shit.
    Eh, I never liked the original Postal with its awkward isometric view point and the controls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    14,137 Posts
    Why

Why wasn't it freeroam?

Why why why why why why why

Also there are like, 4 guns you can use.
    You can actually freeroam once you beat the story mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,439 Posts
    Eh, I never liked the original Postal with its awkward isometric view point and the controls.
    I have to agree, the controls were just atrocious in Postal 1, though I did like all the hand drawn art in the game, it had a cool style to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Go Shuya! You can do it Shuya!
    December 2005
    5,760 Posts
    I have to agree, the controls were just atrocious in Postal 1, though I did like all the hand drawn art in the game, it had a cool style to it.
    "Does my voice annoy you?"

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,981 Posts
    Lower the price, or I'll follow you home and kill your dog.

33. Post #73
    September 2011
    119 Posts
    I really hope they do something to improve this... The political satire seems to have vanished.

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,761 Posts
    I really hope they do something to improve this... The politically satire seems to have vanished.
    Oh I can see its there, and I haven't even played it. However, it's horrendously outdated and is executed very poorly.