1. Post #1
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,520 Posts
    First of all.

He's amazing. But those of you who frequent CIPWTTKT&GC SHOULD already know that.

I normally have bad luck when it comes to PC hardware. Parts arrive DOA, under performing components, exploding power supplies, etc. My last incident involved an exploding power supply which nearly took out my entire rig, only my hard drives and ssd survived, and my case was left shredded. But to my luck Brt was upgrading his case to a Cosmos II and his 932 was being phased out.

I messaged him about it and he said he would send to me since I offered to give him $60 to cover the shipping and the rest he was to keep for himself.

Well the case arrived today, but it wasn't a 932.

It was a brand new HAF-X! Sorry for the crappy iPhone 4 photos, I couldn't find my real camera.

This is the 912 I had loaned to me by a local shop, my case that got destroyed was a 912 as well.

It took a while to put together since I had to take care of my dog who is sick and then slowly ate pasta while watching cartoons.

But now I'm finally done!

I marked this as a WiP since a lot of the parts will be changed out over the next few months.

This is the current plan: 2500k at 4.8 with one of these http://www.swiftech.com/H2O-x20-Edge-HD.aspx (not sure of the the 320 model will fit so I emailed them asking about it), two 2tb WD Green drives (thank god for navy surplus, they're $64 each), one Samsung f3 1tb, 120gb ssd from Corsair, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, 8gb ddr3 1333mhz from Patriot, an 800 or 900 watt psu (not sure what brand yet) and two GTX 670s when they're out. I already own a few of the parts and some have been ordered, still need to save money for the cpu cooler thing and the GTX 670s or two 7950s depending on price and performance. It'll be a black/blue theme.

I'll make an actual build log or something for that once I have money for all the parts and the GTX 670s are actually out and reviewed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 26Friendly Friendly x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    3,784 Posts
    Does anyone want to play Multiwinia with me?
    I'll beg.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,658 Posts
    I dont really like the HAF Cases, they look a bit...excessive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,817 Posts
    so what did he do with the Cosmo II?
    Does anyone want to play Multiwinia with me?
    I'll beg.
    You aren't in sipwicket anymore, killowatt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,596 Posts
    I dont really like the HAF Cases, they look a bit...excessive.
    May be a bit ugly but they're great cases, awesome airflow and good size.
    You wouldn't complain if you got a HAF X for free, would you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,658 Posts
    May be a bit ugly but they're great cases, awesome airflow and good size.
    You wouldn't complain if you got a HAF X for free, would you?
    good point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    He paid 60 bucks for a HAF X thought. Wasn't completely free.

Part of the reason for doing this was that Makol had a whore of a time with his computer. I thought he deserved it. And I planned on hacking apart my 932 for a test bed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10 (list)

8. Post #8
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,520 Posts
    This HAF-X is quieter than my 912s.

I forgot it was even on.

Edited:

And I planned on hacking apart my 932 for a test bed.
    That sounds interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Admit it, you all want to have consensual sexual intercourse with brt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

10. Post #10

January 2012
    429 Posts
    Sucks for you bro, I run my computers till they die, none of them are dead yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14 (list)

11. Post #11
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,520 Posts
    huh?

12. Post #12

January 2012
    429 Posts
    I'll presume the boxs are for not upgrading,
    I have had upgrade through 4 seperate computers, none of them are dead yet so I use them for other things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

13. Post #13
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    7,061 Posts
    I'll presume the boxs are for not upgrading,
    I have had upgrade through 4 seperate computers, none of them are dead yet so I use them for other things.
    Good for you buddy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,420 Posts
    I suppose whining about my old parts is going to get me even less chance of success for someone to buy me new parts then eh?

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    I suppose whining about my old parts is going to get me even less chance of success for someone to buy me new parts then eh?
    I could probably spare an Amiga 1200 for you...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    Sounds like Brt5470 is a charitable man.

Now it's your turn.

17. Post #17
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,520 Posts
    Sounds like Brt5470 is a charitable man.

Now it's your turn.
    I've given away a GTX 275 and a few stick of ram in the past, and I plan on giving away my 6870s once I get either the GTX 670s or 7950s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

18. Post #18
    CIPWTTKT's Resident Redneckā„¢
    December 2009
    7,202 Posts
    I've given away a GTX 275 and a few stick of ram in the past, and I plan on giving away my 6870s once I get either the GTX 670s or two 7950s.
    :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,245 Posts
    Brt is actually the nicest user on FP. He has given away so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

20. Post #20

June 2011
    492 Posts
    This has encouraged me to start a "build" thread on my comp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,520 Posts
    Well speaking of work/build logs, if any of you remember my friends Crunic and Fusionpoo they should be returning soon with a new log or two.

Our/their previous work (completed and uncompleted projects):
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/929651?highlight=
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/942009?highlight=
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/943336?highlight=
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/991247?highlight=
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1033818?highlight= (This log might be returning to finally be completed along with a new project)

22. Post #22
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,245 Posts
    The next time I build a new computer, I'll give away all the hardware for the one I am using now. People need the things more then I do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    I've given away a GTX 275 and a few stick of ram in the past, and I plan on giving away my 6870s once I get either the GTX 670s or 7950s.
    I'm still using a 5770.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,145 Posts
    I'm still using a 5770.
    5770 buddies!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,344 Posts
    GTS 250 :saddowns:

26. Post #26
    August 2009
    9,280 Posts
    At least your 250 works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    August 2010
    2,066 Posts
    Nvidia GeForce 8400GS

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,572 Posts
    Damn that case is big, not cosmos II big, but goddamn.

Also 9800GTX+ all day erry day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    7,061 Posts
    I'm on a set of GTX590 quad Sli :teehee:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    April 2011
    3,150 Posts
    I'm on a set of GTX590 quad Sli :teehee:
    piss off

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    912 Posts
    God you people make me want to get another computer build. Though my current one should last me for a while so I will not complain. Though nice builds.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,572 Posts
    I think i'll make a small build log when i buy a new case, most of my hardware is new or like-new right now.

Just have to wait on my federal tax return

33. Post #33
    June 2010
    8,964 Posts
    I'm gonna marry Brt5470
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,247 Posts
    I'm gonna marry Brt5470
    You have to be fast for that, there are people hunting him alaready!

36. Post #36
    June 2010
    8,964 Posts
    BrtShip

37. Post #37
    October 2011
    661 Posts
    giving away my 6870s
    Hi :>

Also, you're a good man Brt. I don't like the HAF cases that much either, but I feel like I should get one just because they're cheap and huge.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,633 Posts
    BrtShip
    no youre the girl ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    August 2009
    9,280 Posts
    BrtShip
    Yeah, about that

VS

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

40. Post #40
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,520 Posts

Finally fixed up some cables and replaced some fans.

It is finished for now. Just playing the waiting game for Nvidia's new cards.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)