1. Post #1
    Portal 2: Abyss
    September 2009
    1,258 Posts
    I though i send a Thread of this map but i cant find it :S

This map is on the Garry's mod Toybox and i have over than 30 000 Download

Here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7w8VQTD8jY

I made this map when i was bored and i didn't know that it would be popular on the toybox XD

Pictures

This is a very simple map .. Just Bind a key to kill yourself or get a fall damage Script

0: Download here http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=127126
    1 Kill yourself
    2 Look at your corpse falling down
    3 enjoy
    4 repeat
    5 Leave a comment or a video of your fall :D

I am now working on few kind of Ragdoll Slaughtering maps

so I will release a V2 soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Funny Funny x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,009 Posts
    you'd think 30000 people cant be wrong
    but sometimes they can
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

3. Post #3
    When I saw the pics I immediately thought of that pit in the middle of DM-Gael from Unreal Tournament 2003/4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2009
    1,258 Posts
    you'd think 30000 people cant be wrong
    but sometimes they can
    lol ?

well its not a lots but it got 800 Fav and ... i think im near 190 like and 64 dislike

so if i have more like & fav than dislike i guess they dont have wrong

Edited:

When I saw the pics I immediately thought of that pit in the middle of DM-Gael from Unreal Tournament 2003/4.
    Wow i didnt remember that map XD.. yeah you right :D. I'm gonna think about making one like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    April 2011
    503 Posts
    Tbh, it seems kinda boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #6
    September 2009
    1,258 Posts
    Tbh, it seems kinda boring.
    Depend how you see it

if you don't like the kind of map that is made for having fun with physic and throwing corpse in a hole
    Yeah this would be boring because there is nothing else to do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2008
    58 Posts
    hey

woops
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

8. Post #8
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Depend how you see it

if you don't like the kind of map that is made for having fun with physic and throwing corpse in a hole
    Yeah this would be boring because there is nothing else to do
    Wasn't there a ragdoll death map with more ways to die than just a pit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,178 Posts
    I don't want to be an ass, but a map being popular on toybox isn't something to be specifically proud of.

When you consider the number of dumbasses browsing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,715 Posts
    2 textures in total.
    No texture aligment.
    Looks very very dull.

There are already other maps like this that did it moderatly better.

11. Post #11
    Facepunch Resident Alcoholic!
    July 2007
    8,099 Posts
    Nothing special here at all, just lots of copied brushes along with a big tube, not anything good at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,321 Posts
    Really looking forward to Version 2, I really love the original direction you are taking this map in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,322 Posts
    I hope Valve hire you, this map would be great in HL3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,434 Posts
    I hope Valve hire you, this map would be great in HL3.
    welcome back my love
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,209 Posts
    I made this *exact* map a few years ago, only mine had levels of increasing difficulty. Lemme go snag some screenshots.

For proof:

Pitfallv5b2 is the oldest iteration, "Pitfall!" is one I made years later that was completely reconstructed to be more efficient (as I had gained a lot more experience with mapping by then).

The bottom of every pit teleported you to a nest at the top of the next pit. The goal was to make it through without dying.

The levels got increasingly difficult, this one had spinning spirals, and there were other ones that had small, moving holes you had to fall through. Made it for counterstrike, though you could play it in gmod with mp_falldamage (or whatever) set to 1.

I never completed it because I never thought it would generate interest, being as simple as it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Mapping King x 3Artistic x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    September 2009
    1,258 Posts
    You should publish it i would like to try it :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)