1. Post #881
    September 2007
    955 Posts
    yeah it seems like whatever they think they are missing could possibly be added later. or fixed later. I was hoping they'd get us something in the early fall not end of this year or start of the next. don't they know the worlds ending this year?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #882
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    8,423 Posts

Well hot damn, more content

And that penguin is a pet, Tiy just confirmed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #883
    February 2010
    574 Posts
    Snip, ninja'd to hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #884
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,251 Posts
    It reminds me of Fallout laser rifles. Same handling way, similiar projectiles. Cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #885
    August 2007
    8,423 Posts
    Someone just asked Tiy what he's currently doing now, his response:

[06:34] <@Tiy> im trying to convince a certain group of people to join the project
    I wonder who he's trying to convince

6. Post #886
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,647 Posts

Mojang.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #887
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,085 Posts

Valve. All my rainbows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #888
    August 2007
    8,423 Posts
    Oh! Nearly forgot, Tiy posted MORE pictures:

There's four of the huge bastards, so I'm thumbnailing them

My hype, have all of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 23 (list)

9. Post #889
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,233 Posts
    those cavern pictures look very cramped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

10. Post #890
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,398 Posts
    those cavern pictures look very cramped.
    Aren't caves supposed to feel that way?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

11. Post #891
    September 2009
    183 Posts
    There are giant ice caves, forests with topaz crystals growing from the ground and planets with bolted steel trees.
    I'm in love with this game already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #892
    January 2009
    1,612 Posts
    Those pictures remind me of terraria's caves but with different textures
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #893
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,069 Posts
    Those pictures remind me of terraria's caves but with different textures
    That's what I was thinking. They have basically the same exact layout as caves in Terraria, but the wall has different textures... I'm not complaining, though, my hype is growing taller with each new screenie.

14. Post #894
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,016 Posts
    I want ten minutes of gameplay. That would set me for months. Any word on distribution and price, although it'll probably be Steam for $10?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #895
    May 2011
    1,010 Posts
    I was thinking it might be $15-20 in my opinion.

16. Post #896
    July 2008
    664 Posts
    You know what I want the most? Space stuff. I want to see how the space station looks and to what degree it is customizable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

17. Post #897
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,315 Posts
    You know what I want the most? Space stuff. I want to see how the space station looks and to what degree it is customizable.
    I'm kind of hoping for a sort of House you'd build in Terraria, maybe even built by the players, But just an outer wall, with the rest of the station and rooms and such being built by you inside the way you want

18. Post #898
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,398 Posts
    I want my space station to be underground so my rocket/space vehicle has to come out of my underground bunker like a nuke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #899
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,251 Posts
    I want my space station to be underground so my rocket/space vehicle has to come out of my underground bunker like a nuke
    I made a hint for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 16Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #900
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    15,170 Posts
    Underground

In space.

Undergroundspace
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #901
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,364 Posts
    Asteroid?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #902
    September 2007
    955 Posts
    i want a moon base.

shape it like giant butt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #903
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,659 Posts
    i want a moon base.

shape it like giant butt.
    And name it Uranus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

24. Post #904
    September 2007
    955 Posts
    And name it Uranus
    nah urectum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #905
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    262 Posts
    Is it just me or does the lighting in the pictures make it look like the blocks are made of wool or some sort of fabric?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #906
    are those robotic trees
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #907
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    are those robotic trees
    beep boop i am programmed to collect sunlight and reproduce boop bop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

28. Post #908
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

29. Post #909
    August 2007
    8,423 Posts
    Beep boop sun, beep boop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #910
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,135 Posts
    wat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #911
    June 2009
    3,641 Posts
    That reminds me of the countless times I made missile launching stations underground in Cortex Command. They stopped working after a few corpses.

32. Post #912
    for some reason those textures don't seem as detailed as Terraria's

I don't know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #913
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,016 Posts
    Just a different art style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #914
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,315 Posts
    for some reason those textures don't seem as detailed as Terraria's
    I personally think they look better than Terraria's textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

35. Post #915
    the different blocks don't seem to blend as well as the blocks in terraria did is what I think I mean

it's pretty abrupt color changes

or maybe I am just losing my mind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #916
    September 2007
    955 Posts
    the different blocks don't seem to blend as well as the blocks in terraria did is what I think I mean

i lost mine long ago. i've come to terms with it so now me and my mind see each other on the weekends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #917
    June 2010
    3,507 Posts

It's still in development, there's always a chance it will change.

38. Post #918
    January 2011
    140 Posts
    My patience for this game is wavering like mad.

39. Post #919
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,677 Posts
    Tiy posted:
    Hi guys

For a while now we've been receiving emails, tweets, forum messages etc from people asking us how they can support Starbound. A lot of people have been asking for a paypal address or some other means of donating.

I've always said that I wouldn't like to take monetary donations towards the release of a commercial product. Frankly I think if you're going to send us your money you deserve to get something in return.

So, another dev team (one I won't name just yet, but they're wonderful people with a wonderful game) who happen to be Starbound fans have offered to put their game forwards as a means of supporting the development of Starbound.

Much like an indie bundle, if you were to buy the game a % of the profits would go to the developers and a % of profits would go to us, and in turn directly support the development of Starbound.

As always, we massively value your feedback, thoughts and feelings. So I've put together a little poll.

Does this sound like a good way to support us?

Let me know
    Take care!

P.S.

Kyren thought it'd be amusing to make it rain fish.

http://community.playstarbound.com/i...tarbound.6910/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 3 (list)

40. Post #920
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,817 Posts
    Yep, it's definitely raining fish there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 7Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)