1. Post #1
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts
    Hi, Now, you may know that I posted some weapon development pictures for the game in the programming section.

Now, it is released as a stress test, only 3 weapons are in the game untill I release the Beta, which would be before the release.

If you missed it, here you are:

Now, I am honored to introduce the new HALF-LIFE 2 BETA: DEATHMATCH BETA!

Downloads:

2014 Edition 1.0.1 (LATEST):

Mod link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._1.0.1_mod.rar
    Source Code link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._1.0.1_src.rar

2014 Edition 1.0.0 (OLD):

Binaries:
    Mirror 1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2014_1.0.0.zip
    Mirror 2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-...4-edition-v100

Source Code:
    Mirror 1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...014-master.rar
    Mirror 2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-...urce-code-v100

SDK 2013 Edition (OUTDATED):

Mirror 1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...bdm1_0_4_1.rar
    Mirror 2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-...ource-sdk-2013

Original (OUTDATED):

Mirror 1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81688479/hl2bdm.zip
    Mirror 2 (OLD): http://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-...eathmatch-beta
    Stress Test (old): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39559521/hl2bdm.zip

INCLUDES:

6 new weapons to toy around with.
    Buttons that allow you to switch from firstperson to thirdperson and back. (Original)
    New hand skin
    New shotgun sounds
    Bots!

Over the shoulder thirdperson!
    (Original)
    Source Shader Editor!
    (Original)
    And more!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 36Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,544 Posts
    Looks promising. I'll keep an eye on this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    I'll let you know how stressed I get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 84Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2011
    68 Posts
    Looks cool, will be looking forward to this.

Also I'm sorry if you already knew about this but I noticed a bug with the shotgun.

hint:    watch the ammo counter   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,364 Posts
    Downloading, so is this a server stress test?

6. Post #6
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,547 Posts

Also I'm sorry if you already knew about this but I noticed a bug with the shotgun.

that's not a bug, it's a feature
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 25Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    September 2010
    42 Posts
    it looks awesome bitl. allso its cool to see someone from SporeBase here!

8. Post #8
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts

Wow, I did not know it did that, I'll look for a fix soon.

Downloading, so is this a server stress test?
    Yes, It's a test to see if the game works well before release.

Now, later today I may make a livestream of the game to celebrate the release.

Link to the livestream: http://www.livestream.com/bitlcast

EDIT: Also, to disable first-person ragdoll views, go to options, then multiplayer, and then advanced multiplayer options.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts

Well, that bug (or as someone above called it, feature) is in the actual Half-Life 2 aswell. I don't know if it's in the normal HL2 Deathmatch aswell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts
    Livestream at http://www.livestream.com/bitlcast happening now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    Just to let you know, for stages later in development, might you consider using stuff from the actual HL2 beta?

I could try and rip you the model of the shotgun

Edited:

Done

http://www.mediafire.com/?ycukneh921kn7nx

If it doesn't work, don't use it. It's my first rip, so it probably wont work

12. Post #12
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts
    Just to let you know, for stages later in development, might you consider using stuff from the actual HL2 beta?

I could try and rip you the model of the shotgun

Edited:

Done

http://www.mediafire.com/?ycukneh921kn7nx

If it doesn't work, don't use it. It's my first rip, so it probably wont work
    I may rip stuff soon enough, also, thanks :)

EDIT, It's just the shotgun model from the beta, it's not ported or anything, I may talk to garry on how he got version 49 models to work so I can get beta models working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2011
    542 Posts
    Looks good. i track for goods here :D

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,569 Posts
    Better than the usual hl2 deathmatch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts
    Better than the usual hl2 deathmatch.
    Thanks!

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,569 Posts
    I am actually looking forward to this since it has bots and all,would love to play some lan with my friends.You know 10 bots vs me and my mate

17. Post #17
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts
    For the upcoming update (Beta), we are delighted to make your option.

For this, we will now make a vote for 2 (fake) Half-Life 2 beta songs from its (fake) soundtrack.

for "Leak Theme".

for "Future Retro"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25Disagree Disagree x 7Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    67 Posts
    2nd song reminds me of the notes Jordan Rudess would play around with.

19. Post #19
    April 2011
    156 Posts
    For the upcoming update (Beta), we are delighted to make your option.

For this, we will now make a vote for 2 (fake) Half-Life 2 beta songs from its (fake) soundtrack.

for "Leak Theme".

for "Future Retro"

half-life 2 beta beta

oh no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    590 Posts
    Well, that bug (or as someone above called it, feature) is in the actual Half-Life 2 aswell. I don't know if it's in the normal HL2 Deathmatch aswell.
    It's a feature. Check out the code, its supposed to do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    It's a feature. Check out the code, its supposed to do it.
    Uhm... yeah... I have no idea how one would go to do that.

22. Post #22
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts
    Uhm... yeah... I have no idea how one would go to do that.
    Look in the hl2mp code, it's the same as the hl2bdm one.

VOTE RESULTS: Leak theme it is!

Also, about the MI content (skins, models) will be removed and replaced with ones that are ported and done myself.

Predicted changelog:

-Changed crowbar viewmodel to have beta animations.
    -Removed MI content because of a request by ProZak.
    -Added HMG1.
    -Added a new background song.
    -Fixed MP3 player.

It's small right now, but it will work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,297 Posts
    God that second theme is fucking awful. It doesn't sound anything like Half-Life. I could see it in a cheesy Dragon Ball Z episode. The first is the way to go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Are there actual bots included in this version, or is it just the standard Source bot that basically just takes up a slot?

EDIT: Got them actually working, I think. They're just running around like idiots, though. Will the final thing have bots that are capable of fighting back?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts
    Are there actual bots included in this version, or is it just the standard Source bot that basically just takes up a slot?

EDIT: Got them actually working, I think. They're just running around like idiots, though. Will the final thing have bots that are capable of fighting back?
    They are supposed to pick up and drop objects. If you want them to fight the player, try this:

bot_flipout 1

bot_mimic 1, choose the weapon you want.

bot_mimic 0

It may not work for some weapons.

I may find something for the bots to fire at you, but for right now, use these commands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    January 2012
    87 Posts
    I got an airboat to spawn but the jeep gets an error.
    found it strange ch_createairboat and ch_createjeep

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    590 Posts
    They are supposed to pick up and drop objects. If you want them to fight the player, try this:

bot_flipout 1

bot_mimic 1, choose the weapon you want.

bot_mimic 0

It may not work for some weapons.

I may find something for the bots to fire at you, but for right now, use these commands.
    Since you seemed to have ignored my request to remove your download link, and evidently infringing our copyright I'm reporting this to Dropbox. I've asked you politely to remove the link, and the content that clearly belongs to us, but you've seemed to ignore those.

Oh well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 24Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Since you seemed to have ignored my request to remove your download link, and evidently infringing our copyright I'm reporting this to Dropbox. I've asked you politely to remove the link, and the content that clearly belongs to us, but you've seemed to ignore those.

Oh well.
    He hasn't ignored you, he just hasn't posted the new version without your content.

Predicted changelog:

-Changed crowbar viewmodel to have beta animations.
    -Removed MI content because of a request by ProZak.
    -Added HMG1.
    -Added a new background song.
    -Fixed MP3 player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    590 Posts
    He hasn't ignored you, he just hasn't posted the new version without your content.
    Yes, predicted as in future changes. I asked him to take the file down immediately but he chose to ignore that message. I couldn't see any other way.

We're sick and tired of people using our content without our permission.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    311 Posts
    Yes, predicted as in future changes. I asked him to take the file down immediately but he chose to ignore that message. I couldn't see any other way.

We're sick and tired of people using our content without our permission.
    Anon stole hl2 in 2003, your team took that content and added into mod, after you re-maked some of this content (still using leaked textures) and after Bitl took some of this content (which is owned by Valve!!!) and you complain about it?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 18Artistic Artistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,374 Posts
    Anon stole hl2 in 2003, your team took that content and added into mod, after you re-maked some of this content (still using leaked textures) and after Bitl took some of this content (which is owned by Valve!!!) and you complain about it?!
    MissingInfo took a lot of time to completely re-rig all of the old weapons and reanimate them. While the models may be Valve's, MI's work is still being taken without permission whereas Valve has said that they don't care anymore about people using leak content.

Not to mention that the iceaxe in this mod was actually modeled and textured by MI members and it is not the leak model or texture. This goes for other various textures/models used in this mod which do not belong to Bitl to redistribute.

Why is it so hard to simply ask people before you use their stuff? It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp. I'm sure you'd all feel the same if it happened to you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    590 Posts
    I'm specifically complaining about the content that we recreated from scratch. We got the full rights to all of that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts
    I'm specifically complaining about the content that we recreated from scratch. We got the full rights to all of that.
    Fine, removing the link until beta comes out.

For anyone who is wondering, here's the list of models that will be re-ported:

w_ociw.mdl
    v_ociw.mdl
    v_sniper.mdl

The list of models that are removed:

v_smg2.mdl
    w_smg2.mdl
    w_shotgun.mdl (MI version)
    v_shotgun.mdl (MI version)

All weapon models, instead of having the MI materials will be replaced with the Half-Life 2 Beta weapon materials.

You may also notice a couple of changes with the client as well.

The update will be released later today or Saturday, Remove your current copy before installing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,482 Posts
    If you still want the download without anyone boiling alive, look at this page in google cache. This way you wont be pestered by ProZak.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,374 Posts
    If you still want the download without anyone boiling alive, look at this page in google cache. This way you wont be pestered by ProZak.
    Yea totally, you sure showed that meanie head ProZak!!! It's not like people can just take the models and textures from their MI mod folder and put them in this mod if they really wanted to use MI stuff so badly!! Boy, I'm glad we're all geniuses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts
    WARNING: You can download the mod this way, but beware, you are downloading a version that infringes ProZak's copyright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Call me Rantis
    May 2010
    879 Posts
    Well at least we are richer for the experience
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts
    Update!

-Updated v_crowbar to have beta animations.

-Removed all MI content

-Re enabled download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39559521/hl2bdm.zip

Now, onto beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    January 2012
    87 Posts
    Comment(s) and/or suggestion(s) of the mod

Is their a way to fix tags(I hear the spray sound but no tag) not that tags are that important.
    But would like you to implement bots(Counter-Strike style, where you choose how much bots you want before you start a game.)
    I like this mod and if you want to or is possible to do those please do.

40. Post #40
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts
    Now, one change to add to the beta changelog:

-Changed thirdperson from centered to over the shoulder

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1Useful x 1Dumb x 1 (list)