1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,177 Posts
    I heard somewhere that our own CIA say that Iran isn't close to building a nuclear golf ball, nevermind a bomb capable of doing any significant damage. They tend to be a little bit more specialized than some random inspectors that probably were only allowed to see some fake props.
    I wonder if that's anything close to the Americans' nuclear football.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,033 Posts
    only the CIA knows, it's pointless speculating what the spooks know.
    CIA isn't exactly so omniscient, the capabilities of their analysts and etcetera have allegedly been not as top notch as we are lead to believe. CIA has also actively taken part in creating the myth around itself, sometimes to even cover up their screw ups in the past.

CIA was wrong about Iraq's nukes and it was wrong about the Cuban missile crisis (They actually received reports from an agent working at a road checkpoint that large cylindric items were being transported on trucks under tarpaulins but they didn't take it for real) as things that first come to mind.

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    CIA isn't exactly so omniscient, the capabilities of their analysts and etcetera have allegedly been not as top notch as we are lead to believe. CIA has also actively taken part in creating the myth around itself, sometimes to even cover up their screw ups in the past.

CIA was wrong about Iraq's nukes and it was wrong about the Cuban missile crisis (They actually received reports from an agent working at a road checkpoint that large cylindric items were being transported on trucks under tarpaulins but they didn't take it for real) as things that first come to mind.
    when did I say they were omniscient?

I'm just saying speculating about what the CIA knows is pointless, because only the CIA knows what the CIA knows. (and yeah you could argue about that with inter-agency shit, but idgaf)

lerp.

4. Post #44
    September 2011
    51 Posts
    Am i experiencing Deja vu here? How many countless times has these guys been threatening to blow up the U.S. and Israel and their allies?? How long has this "middle-eastern cold war" even been going?! Do they seek revenge or what?? (faq punches to my face are appreciated)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    Am i experiencing Deja vu here? How many countless times has these guys been threatening to blow up the U.S. and Israel and their allies?? How long has this "middle-eastern cold war" even been going?! Do they seek revenge or what?? (faq punches to my face are appreciated)
    How many times have Israel and the U.S. done the same?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #46

February 2012
    103 Posts
    then why has all the rhetoric been focused on the nuclear weapons?

Iran's oil production capability is also well under Iraq's
    it's a casus belli they did the same thing with iraq

iran produces something like 4 million oil barrels a day, iraq does something like 2 million

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    it's a casus belli they did the same thing with iraq

iran produces something like 4 million oil barrels a day, iraq does something like 2 million
    so? their reserves are around the same, Iran just produces more because they need it for domestic use since their population is much bigger.

if we wanted more oil, we could get it way more cheaply by developing Iraq's production capacity more, or by getting it from canada, which has more than both.

The entire fucking "military-industrial" complex argument has more validity than this "oil" crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,340 Posts
    I'm still betting middle of March/later part of March for a strike on Iran.

I'm going to a congress with my father to Stuttgart next week, where there will be Iranians participating. Maybe I should ask them if they are looking forward to military service...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    499 Posts
    "Iran is not a nation to sit still and just observe threats from fragile materialist powers which are being eaten by worms from inside."

Yes. Another favorite quote.

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    then why has all the rhetoric been focused on the nuclear weapons?

Iran's oil production capability is also well under Iraq's
    To be pedantic. the "lol oil" argument is generally just about energy security in the region than actually using missile launched oil pipes.

And a nuclear Iran can really disrupt the wes'ts influence over the entire region.

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    To be pedantic. the "lol oil" argument is generally just about energy security in the region than actually using missile launched oil pipes.

And a nuclear Iran can really disrupt the wes'ts influence over the entire region.
    HAHAHAHA

I see what you did there.

also, thread music

I'm going to post that in EVERY new iran thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,181 Posts
    I truly wonder if America could come out on top if they had it out with Iran.

13. Post #53
    September 2011
    51 Posts
    How many times have Israel and the U.S. done the same?
    Good point... But probably not as much in public as Iran. I think the U.S and Israel tend to be more silent
    when planning the location for the bomb drops.

14. Post #54
    I make sexist and racist jokes all the time yet,i still support the feminist movement and the rights of blacks.
    July 2010
    5,535 Posts
    Just nuke each other and be done with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    March 2008
    494 Posts
    I truly wonder if America could come out on top if they had it out with Iran.
    There's no doubt that America would win in the end, but it would still be a very costly victory.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,913 Posts
    For everyone going "lol wed own iran", I think the main concern is how much fucking damage Iran could do first, especially if it has nuclear capabilities (the answer is a lot.)

Even if it doesn't, I don't think anyone but the most Jingoistic of us wants another long, drawn out conflict in the middle of the desert that'll wind up getting a load of people killed. Here's hoping no one kicks the hornet nest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    And people don't fucking pay attention to Afghanistan.

Mountain combat sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)