1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,793 Posts
    This gamemode seems quite interesting. Is it working with GMOD 12 (without beta)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

2. Post #82

October 2011
    13 Posts
    This gamemode seems quite interesting. Is it working with GMOD 12 (without beta)?
    Of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #83

November 2011
    4 Posts
    So I've gotten to level 35 and have slain two dragons so far, I just wish that people would take interest and join.
    +1 person that took intrest in this gamemode :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

4. Post #84

November 2011
    4 Posts
    Q: Is it a third-person or first-person gamemode?
    Both, you can switch between first-person and third-person just like in Fallout 3/Oblivion. (By using the scroll wheel)
    Actually, when I join a server I can only scroll out of firstperson, but I can't scroll back to firstperson?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

5. Post #85
    Gold Member

July 2007
    166 Posts
    Is this dead? all the servers are down?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #86

October 2011
    13 Posts
    Can we not jump to major conclusions like that please? If it was dead, I'm sure Silverlan would of posted beforehand.

Also, there could be maintenance. They could be updating the server/script and adding more content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    December 2008
    78 Posts
    ^ What he said. Besides I'm sure Silver has a life outside of the internet like you know friends and stuff that doesn't require a mouse and keyboard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #88
    October 2011
    95 Posts
    will there ever be a possible singleplayer mode for this? (like the original fallout, obliv, etc). It was just a thought just in case in the future if it ever goes dead or someone wants to play this without internet access.
    Remember its just a thought so dont bite my head off.

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,793 Posts
    Does this affect anyone else in SP? I apparently walk significantly slower.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

10. Post #90
    December 2008
    78 Posts
    Does this affect anyone else in SP? I apparently walk significantly slower.
    I do too, I think its the update?

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    745 Posts
    Servers are now back online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

12. Post #92
    December 2008
    78 Posts
    Keeps crashing before I join....odd...

13. Post #93

January 2011
    40 Posts
    will there ever be a possible singleplayer mode for this? (like the original fallout, obliv, etc). It was just a thought just in case in the future if it ever goes dead or someone wants to play this without internet access.
    Remember its just a thought so dont bite my head off.
    if you did not have internet access how would you get the gamemode?

Edited:

Keeps crashing before I join....odd...
    you may need more ram if you have 2gb of less you are prone to crash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #94
    April 2010
    226 Posts
    Incoming suggestion.

Although Aftermath is based off of Fo3 and FoNV, I find it interesting how you're implementing stuff from other games. I don't think that this should stop at weapons and mobs, but maybe you can implement the following:

1: Shields! Usable with single-handed melee weapons (and possibly single-handed firearms?).

2: Racial traits! The Fallout series never had this, so it might be a bit interesting (Super Mutant tanking race?).

Everybody is probably going to open a can of hate on this, but what the hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    Im having a problem joining the server, when I try to join it stays at recieving server info like its sending client info but instead of sending my info it brings up a message saying I timed out and drops me from joining the server, any suggestions?

16. Post #96
    December 2008
    78 Posts
    Im having a problem joining the server, when I try to join it stays at recieving server info like its sending client info but instead of sending my info it brings up a message saying I timed out and drops me from oining the server, any suggestions?

Same here, I have 3gb of RAM.

17. Post #97
    April 2010
    226 Posts
    Im having a problem joining the server, when I try to join it stays at recieving server info like its sending client info but instead of sending my info it brings up a message saying I timed out and drops me from joining the server, any suggestions?
    This problem occurs pretty frequently for me. However, it usually works on the second attempt of connecting. Try that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    This problem occurs pretty frequently for me. However, it usually works on the second attempt of connecting. Try that.
    I tryed 3 times in a row but Ill try to connect twice again.

Edit: it worked thanks for the help.

19. Post #99
    April 2010
    226 Posts
    it worked thanks for the help.
    Glad to be of service.

Say, I remember fistfighting someone on Aftermath named Overwatch sniper. Is that you?

20. Post #100
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    Glad to be of service.

Say, I remember fistfighting someone on Aftermath named Overwatch sniper. Is that you?
    *cough* *cough* no, just kidding ya it was me.

21. Post #101
    April 2010
    226 Posts
    Good news, everyone! I have discovered that Half-Life Renaissance: Reconstructed (thread for it closed, so posting this here) actually contains Entity coding for the Combine Cremator!

For those wondering why it is NOT available in the spawn menu, it's AI is very incomplete (attacked by Female Assasin, does no actual damage, extreme amount of health, and cannot attack while possesing it). However, at least we know that he is planning it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #102

November 2008
    299 Posts
    The half-life reconstructed pack was released a LONG time ago. He may of cut it out forever. Who knows though. Maybe he will continue work on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

23. Post #103
    April 2010
    226 Posts
    The half-life reconstructed pack was released a LONG time ago. He may of cut it out forever. Who knows though. Maybe he will continue work on it.
    It was included in a recent version.

Also, I hope that he continues the Half-Life Renaissance: Reconstructed pack (or at least the stuff that comes with it that isn't HL1-related). I'd really like to see if he goes for an HL2 Beta SNPC pack, maybe with

and
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #104
    November 2011
    6 Posts
    This is amazing. You put a lot of effort into this. I can not wait until the whole game mode is released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    4,000 Posts
    This is amazing. You put a lot of effort into this. I can not wait until the whole game mode is released.
    I don't think this is being released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #106
    March 2011
    435 Posts
    the files are to big!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,793 Posts
    The files are too big!
    So what do you suggest? Use cardboard cutouts for models, switch out every sound with an 8-bit "beep" and make the only map gm_flatgrass?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

28. Post #108
    May 2010
    1,187 Posts
    So what do you suggest? Use cardboard models, switch out every sound with an 8-bit "beep" and make the only map gm_flatgrass?
    Or we can take it to the extreme and use gm_ps_hugeflatconstruct_svn, wooden models, and 16-bit sounds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #109
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    Or we can take it to the extreme and use gm_ps_hugeflatconstruct_svn, wooden models, and 16-bit sounds.
    Nitendo gmod or super nintendo gmod,which do we want?

30. Post #110
    May 2010
    1,187 Posts
    Nitendo gmod or super nintendo gmod,which do we want?
    I personally like the NES so I'd say let's go with that compared to the SNES

31. Post #111
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    I personally like the NES so I'd say let's go with that compared to the SNES
    Alright we better get to porting every gmod sound to 8-bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    April 2010
    226 Posts
    Alright we better get to porting every gmod sound to 8-bit.
    Ok, normally I diss on Facepunch because of how assholic some of its users are, but I am amazed (in a good way) how a conversation has been struck up about a topic like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #113
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    Ok, normally I diss on Facepunch because of how assholic some of its users are, but I am amazed (in a good way) how a conversation has been struck up about a topic like this.
    Comedy always helps on a thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #114

January 2011
    40 Posts
    update :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    745 Posts
    update :)
    That's the nuke effect from Vman, just scaled down a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

36. Post #116
    May 2010
    1,187 Posts
    That's the nuke effect from Vman, just scaled down a lot.
    Probably a dumb question, but why do we need nukes when everything was already nuked?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,793 Posts
    Probably a dumb question, but why do we need nukes when everything was already nuked?
    Because everything is better with nukes, even a nuclear apocalypse!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    May 2010
    1,187 Posts
    Because everything is better with nukes, even a nuclear apocalypse!
    No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,793 Posts
    Sarcasm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #120
    October 2011
    95 Posts
    if you did not have internet access how would you get the gamemode?

Edited:

you may need more ram if you have 2gb of less you are prone to crash
    I meant if i where to download it and then do something like go upnorth or possibly lose internet access. And also you can make your steam go offline and still play your games without internet.
    I just would like to have the option to be able to play the game as if it where fallout or skyrim with and without internet and online access. kind of as a just in case so i (or anyone else would never lose the option to play it whether on or off.