1. Post #41
    August 2010
    1,541 Posts
    That won't stop anyone.
    I was actually expecting more. If they're selling for the prices of smartphones, there will be plenty of buyers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    so it's google goggles, with actual goggles. I'm interested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #43
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    How would we focus on the screens?
    They could do a projection that only we could see with the glasses of stuff that would actually be a couple of feet from us letting us focus on said screens?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    I wanna know what they'll look like.

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,003 Posts
    Can they make them cheap glasses that hook up to an expensive android phone?

I'd have one of the requirements filled then
    Yeah, I want them to be compatible with my Galaxy Nexus.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    5,066 Posts
    I've wanted something like this ever since the Airscouter was announced, but it's always talk and prototypes, and never a working, sellable model.

Not that Google can't do it, but it's an old idea, and more than one company has tried it before.

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,337 Posts
    We're not far off from having augmented eyes that can take pictures and send them to Facebook.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    For some reason I was thinking wine glasses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,246 Posts
    We're not far off from have augmented eyes that can take pictures and send them to Facebook.
    Without your consent, if that is made by google as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    6,729 Posts
    Shiitttttt that's fucking awesome looking. Google, I don't care if you take over the world, I welcome any and all technological advancements you bring with your domination.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

11. Post #51
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    14,033 Posts
    Shiitttttt that's fucking awesome looking. Google, I don't care if you take over the world, I welcome any and all technological advancements you bring with your domination.
    Are you talking about the image in the article:

If so, that is actually a shot from Iron Man 2 I believe (namely because it shows the Iron Man suit in the top right corner and they mention Iron Man at the end of the article.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 7 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    And then, suddenly...*pops hands* Apple.

This is a good idea, I wonder how much they might cost? My guess is about the price of the Galaxy S II.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #53
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    14,033 Posts
    Yeah, I'm sure a month or two after they are released, Apple will file a lawsuit claiming that they somehow infringe on some copyright or patent.
    "Well, clearly they have infringed on our property by having a device power by some manner of battery system, a device that displays information and graphics, and a device that allows the user to interact with it. Please give us their money and stop them from selling this immediately."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    And then, suddenly...*pops hands* Apple.

This is a good idea, I wonder how much they might cost? My guess is about the price of the Galaxy S II.
    With or without a contract? The phone itsself is insanely expensive.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Also, inb4 Deus Ex
    But your avatar is Jensen in the shower.

So when you came into this thread there already was Deus Ex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,585 Posts

anyway

I'd prefer an interface that I control through a little joystick on my hand or something. Or a smartphone. Yeah probably the smartphone with the joystick thing as a backup.

17. Post #57
    I'm still waiting for a pip-boy style wrist interface. Make it happen, google.
    Tape an Android to your wrist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,390 Posts
    If you were to code in building blueprints like you can with roadways in Google maps, couldn't you do an indoor HUD map to find the nearest restroom?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,624 Posts
    If they could put some strength into the glass in them, they would get ALL my dosh as I could use those instead of my regular glasses. If you have to wear glasses, why not wear a couple by Google in style of Adam Jensen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    [h2]IT HAS BEGUN.[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #61
    May 2007
    267 Posts
    Still can't figure out how you'd focus on something that close.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    June 2008
    700 Posts
    Do you guys think they will allow prescription glasses to be put in combination with this? like the actual prescription part goes in front of the HUD?

):

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,283 Posts
    I'd buy them if I could code my own applications for it. Nobody likes closed platforms any more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 4 (list)

24. Post #64

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    gimme varia suit hud now kthx
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    276 Posts
    This will be all fun and games until we get augmented ads...

26. Post #66
    This title is totally OVERKILL™!
    November 2011
    8,347 Posts
    I've never had any strong reasons not to have an iPhone.

But if Google come through with this... I might just have to jump on the green robot-train.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    I'm still waiting for a pip-boy style wrist interface. Make it happen, google.
    Ordinary smartphone + wristband holder for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    Still can't figure out how you'd focus on something that close.
    I once managed to write small enough to put a piece of paper in my aviator glasses to cheat on a final my sophomore year. Teacher never even wondered why I was wearing glasses indoors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,403 Posts
    I'm not buying this until someone makes an application that converts everything into an anime style so I can forever live as an anime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,715 Posts
    I regretting getting an iPhone now, so much. Please sue Google and make your own pair of overpriced glasses too apple. Pwease?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    I'm not buying this until someone makes an application that converts everything into an anime style so I can forever live as an anime.
    That's easy, just tape your eyes ba-OHHHH GOD don't ban me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

32. Post #72
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    I never asked for this but these glasses are pretty dope

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    I'm not really THAT interested.
    Unless if it's like THIS, then JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY ALREADY!!

34. Post #74
    This title is totally OVERKILL™!
    November 2011
    8,347 Posts
    That's easy, just tape your eyes ba-OHHHH GOD don't ban me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    please dont turn into Noteslate. Actually, Google, please pick-up Noteslate.
    It's barely related.

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,015 Posts
    They should make a version that clips onto existing glasses as well as a full pair.

37. Post #77
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts
    But, will it have this?
    http://chromeadblock.com/freedom/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,141 Posts
    How would we focus on the screens?
    They'd look like big floating screen a few feet in front of you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #79
    (User was banned for this post ("Reaction image"))
    September 2011
    4,448 Posts
    I'm surprised Apple hasn't said it infringes on something of theirs already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    16,844 Posts
    Wish we could get an image of the HUD in action, because if I had the money I'd buy this instantly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)