1. Post #1
    November 2011
    70 Posts
    This is basically a thread on some great mods or shaders to make your minecraft look amazing or well, Better. I recommend Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders, Easy to install and Great Shaders. Well lets get to the list shall we :D
    [HR][/HR]
    Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders:
    0:31 Don't Mind the sheep there its part of nature... :P

Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders Click Here

It has a great shadow effect, you can even see your player's shadow, its amazing and i love to use it! It's also easy to install and it has a great motion blur to it. i recommend this

[HR][/HR]
    LB PHOTO REALISM:

LB PHOTO REALISM, 1.1 Click Here

There are certain texture packs in this pack of texture packs! The best one is 256x256 It is great for any server and it also has a rpg theme! i love to use this texture pack and i also recommend this!

[HR][/HR]

GLSL SHADERS:

GLSL SHADERS Click http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/120261-110-glsl-shaders-dof-bump-mapping-waving-wheat-dynamic-shadows-and-more/
    This isn't better then sonic's but it is good. (opinion) it is very fast. Has alot of motion blur. lets just say that! I would recommend this for slow, yet good Computers.

[HR][/HR]

WATER SHADER ALPHA:

Water shader alpha click here

Great its beautiful and looks amazing i love the reflection and makes minecraft look like real-life, i would recommend this

[HR][/HR]

READ IMPORTANT!
    I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND USING ALL IT MAY CAUSE TO RUN OUT OF MEMORY! OR BLACK SCREENS!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 34Funny x 5Useful x 3Informative x 2Artistic x 2Friendly x 1Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,554 Posts
    Realistic texturepacks looks really out of place
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 97Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    May 2010
    3,934 Posts
    The texturepacks look pretty bad, but the shaders do make the game look a bit better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 34 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,103 Posts
    I like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    November 2011
    70 Posts
    I really do agree with the texturepack, to me it looks very grainy.

6. Post #6
    CD drives eject stuff, my ass ejects stuff, therefore my ass must be a CD drive.
    July 2009
    4,590 Posts
    I like the shaders, it gives a nice look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,063 Posts
    The real high res texture packs look good if you can crank your anti aliasing to ridiculously high levels. If not then it really does end up looking worse. The water shader I use and is awesome

Top Right, you can see the water distorts what's behind it, which is a nice effect as well. And yes, That is a dragon made out of water and ice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,913 Posts
    mostly these mods are usually for people who have good computers, not for people that have 2+ older computers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #9
    June 2010
    2,728 Posts
    Minecraft wasn't made for graphics like this, I still think it looks best in 16x16.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

10. Post #10
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    Minecraft high-res textures, because fuck your framerate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #11
    May 2010
    3,934 Posts
    I think the highest resolution minecraft could look good in is 64 or so, but I wouldn't turn down a pack based on that. What's bad about minecraft's default isn't the resolution it's the fact that it's terribly made textures made by people who shouldn't be making permanent graphics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,993 Posts
    Minecraft high-res textures, because fuck your cpu usage
    Fixed that for you.

At least in my case.

13. Post #13
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    580 and watercooled i5@2600k

my computer just burned a hole to the core of the planet help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

14. Post #14
    into things like this - if you know what
    Dennab
    December 2011
    4,031 Posts
    I bet you can't use those at once, I use Sonic's rendering files and everything exept the water reflection, smoothly :)!

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,756 Posts
    I like the water shader one, but these others really get annoying after a while and mess your FPS just a bit too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,055 Posts
    azas arid pack is much better than any other hd super ultra mega realistic pack

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,063 Posts
    I use a 128x texture pack. Then again it's not made to look realistic or grainy. The wood plank texture is a few brownish tan straight lines with no texture to them. It all looks really smooth and clean

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 7Winner x 2Funny x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    May 2010
    3,934 Posts
    I think the high resolution is good for adding a little bit of detail that isn't possible with other resolutions, like phax does. Sometimes it does end up being terribly grainy.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    This is basically a thread on some great mods or shaders to make your minecraft look amazing or well, Better. I recommend Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders, Easy to install and Great Shaders. Well lets get to the list shall we :D
    [HR][/HR]
    Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders:
    0:31 Don't Mind the sheep there its part of nature... :P

Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders Click Here

It has a great shadow effect, you can even see your player's shadow, its amazing and i love to use it! It's also easy to install and it has a great motion blur to it. i recommend this

[HR][/HR]

GLSL SHADERS:

GLSL SHADERS Click http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/120261-110-glsl-shaders-dof-bump-mapping-waving-wheat-dynamic-shadows-and-more/
    This isn't better then sonic's but it is good. (opinion) it is very fast. Has alot of motion blur. lets just say that! I would recommend this for slow, yet good Computers.
    You're aware that Sonic Ether's mod is just a modified GLSL shaders right?

Edited:

READ IMPORTANT!
    I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND USING ALL IT MAY CAUSE TO RUN OUT OF MEMORY! OR BLACK SCREENS!
    That is one of the most fucking stupid things I've ever read

Edited:

Actually, that probably applies to your entire post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    February 2012
    33 Posts
    i tried installing the glsl shaders mod and all that i noticed was the grass moved, but no shadows or anything...
    why is that anyone?

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,276 Posts
    I use a 128x texture pack. Then again it's not made to look realistic or grainy. The wood plank texture is a few brownish tan straight lines with no texture to them. It all looks really smooth and clean

that is the shittiest looking wood i have ever laid eyes on

what's the point of having 128x textures with wood that would look horrid in an 8x texture pack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 22Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,055 Posts

what's the point of having 128x textures with wood that would look horrid in an 8x texture pack
    some people like simple packs yo but i would say that the cobble and lapis(???) block doesnt go with the rest of the pack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,955 Posts

Painterly is still way worse than that wood. Oh god I hate the Painterly Pack so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 8 (list)

24. Post #24
    Fuck Bitches, Get Scritches
    April 2005
    1,325 Posts
    In my personal opinion, Minecraft looks sort of strange and bizarre with upgraded graphics and such -- it also seems to lose a lot of it's 'charm', too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,557 Posts
    PureBDCraft 256x256 with 8x antialiasing and 8x supersample looks pretty nice in my opinion. But that's because of the style. Any more than that and it kind of takes away from the game. I get about 100fps on average otherwise I wouldn't bother.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,063 Posts

It's a great wood plank texture. It's smooth and absolutely does not get grainy or have 'noise' where it seems to flicker at a distance. And it's really nice on Modernistic looking builds. Of course it looks a bit discolored because of Jpg compression in that shot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,276 Posts
    It's a great wood plank texture. It's smooth and absolutely does not get grainy or have 'noise' where it seems to flicker at a distance. And it's really nice on Modernistic looking builds. Of course it looks a bit discolored because of Jpg compression in that shot
    it's smooth because it's 6 straight lines of pixels that don't fit with a "detailed" texture pack, it doesn't get grainy because it's straight lines, and the texture has nothing to do with "flickering at a distance", that's mipmapping, if i understand what you mean by flickering

and honestly i don't see why or how he would go for a "basic" look with an 128x resolution; here's the same wood in 128x

now here it is in 16x

it is exactly the same, there is literally no difference

he should have actually gone for something that went with the rest of the pack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    May 2010
    3,934 Posts
    Painterly is still way worse than that wood. Oh god I hate the Painterly Pack so much.
    I love painterly. I use it all the time because I think it's neat and I have yet to find a pack that I think looks better than it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,055 Posts
    it's smooth because it's 6 straight lines of pixels that don't fit with a "detailed" texture pack, it doesn't get grainy because it's straight lines, and the texture has nothing to do with "flickering at a distance", that's mipmapping, if i understand what you mean by flickering

and honestly i don't see why or how he would go for a "basic" look with an 128x resolution; here's the same wood in 128x

now here it is in 16x

it is exactly the same, there is literally no difference

he should have actually gone for something that went with the rest of the pack
    128x would work for diagonals and the like as it makes them look smooth

30. Post #30
    I get like 5 comments per day asking how I got CinemaCraft 3 to look how it did. And people think it was just a single shader mod and they want me to "release it"

I don't even know how to fucking code. I have respect for those that understand all them shader files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,055 Posts
    well you could get a pretty close look theoretically with 1 or 2 shaders
    and how would the people know that you can code for shit? all they know is you made a funky video which made minecraft look cool

32. Post #32
    August 2008
    2,673 Posts
    How did people get Sonic's shaders and the water shaders to work together? When I try to do it, they conflict.

33. Post #33
    October 2011
    746 Posts
    Why does Facepunch hate everything?
    The unbelievable shaders one doesn't really look bad, with the right texture pack.

34. Post #34
    May 2010
    3,934 Posts
    Why does Facepunch hate everything?
    The unbelievable shaders one doesn't really look bad, with the right texture pack.
    Well for one thing don't assume facepunch is a hivemind that hates everything
    And I'm pretty sure most of us agree that the shaders look good, it's some of the texture packs that look bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    November 2011
    70 Posts
    You're aware that Sonic Ether's mod is just a modified GLSL shaders right?

Edited:

Dude, all I wanted is to show some cool graphic enchancers not your opinion of what you think of my post who cares what you think, it's not all about you in life, sometimes you just need to keep things in your head

That is one of the most fucking stupid things I've ever read

Edited:

Actually, that probably applies to your entire post.
    thanks for your opinion I find it very useful, since it's all about you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2010
    1,401 Posts
    I just want to say that hi-res packs are just god awful. It looks so damn out of place, especially on stranger things like animals. They look just disgusting, the only thing I like are shaders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,114 Posts
    I would always use the shadow shader and water shader, but neither of them like OptiFine, and the shadow shader makes the light from torches look funny.

38. Post #38
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,476 Posts
    I tried it out, i really didn't like it that much.
    Well, it was cool and all but i still enjoy playing with "low" quality Minecraft.

39. Post #39
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    It stands photo realism isn't working with 1.8 or higher, help?

Also how do I make the water shaders run with the Unbelievable shaders?

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,158 Posts
    It's still just fancy boxes...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)