1. Post #41
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    Any chance of having a trailer that is not ruined by a garbage soundtrack full of sounds made by talentless hacks who know how to click buttons on a computer.
    If it would be so easy to create a track like in the video, why aren't you jumping into the van of fame?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

2. Post #42
    January 2010
    9,835 Posts
    Hopefully the world feels more open than the last game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,920 Posts
    ...dubstep?

really?

lol'd at more wub wub though
    That's not dubstep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,644 Posts
    September.
    Thats gonna be a long wait.

This may turn into a day 1 buy unless some gameplay shows it to be horrible.
    Also glad that they have more characters. My friend was so convinced that you would only have one playable character.

5. Post #45
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    September.
    Thats gonna be a long wait.

This may turn into a day 1 buy unless some gameplay shows it to be horrible.
    Also glad that they have more characters. My friend was so convinced that you would only have one playable character.
    Why wouldn't they have multiple characters?

The whole deal behind the success of borderlands was the 4 player coop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,644 Posts
    Why wouldn't they have multiple characters?

The whole deal behind the success of borderlands was the 4 player coop.
    Thats what I told him but apparently since the first gameinformer article had only the dude with the beard it was obviously the only playable character.

7. Post #47
    March 2010
    1,737 Posts
    What's with all the dubstep hate... I mean the one in the video wasn't even dubstep and you're all jumping on the I hate dubstep bandwagon out of nowhere lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,080 Posts
    Looking great! Showed this to a friend of mine who's one of the 4 friends I usually coop games with.

Also, that isn't dubstep, it's electro house. Dubstep tends to start calm, then slam all the instruments at the same time in a way that sounds like a group of 3rd graders slamming different synthesizers at will.

...that's how I recognize dubstep, anyway.

9. Post #49
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    I think people thinking that everything with a baseline is talentless and lazy dubstep music is more of a fad than dubstep itself. Although I admittedly do wish they stuck with the kind of music they used for the first game, even another song by DJ Champion might have been good.

Either way, this looks like a blast. Hopefully it will be a better single-player experience though, because co-op was really the only way to have fun for most people in the first game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,307 Posts
    Gearbox is a little late, Armored Core 5 used the same song in its "Doomsday Trailer".

11. Post #51
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    I just realized that the Borderlands 2 trailer is a spoof of the trailer above.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,644 Posts
    Gearbox is a little late, Armored Core 5 used the same song in its "Doomsday Trailer".

That looks kinda cool.

Also "get the advantage day 1" at the end.
    I don't like the sound of that.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,336 Posts
    Looks like a perfect sequel, taking what was fun about the first game and expanding on that even more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,608 Posts
    Dubstep tends to start calm, then slam all the instruments at the same time in a way that sounds like a group of 3rd graders slamming different synthesizers at will.

...that's how I recognize dubstep, anyway.
    Or it starts calm and stays that way. Like all good dubstep.
    Here's one of Nero's other songs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #55
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,916 Posts
    Can't wait.
    Borderlands was fun as fuck with friends.

16. Post #56
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    Or it starts calm and stays that way. Like all good dubstep.
    Here's one of Nero's other songs.
    I didn't know such a thing existed until I read your post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,554 Posts
    i wasn't too hot on this game, but with the promise of more wubwub it's hard to resist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

18. Post #58
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,969 Posts
    Nero is "acceptable dubstep" in my opinion. I actually quite like their music.

19. Post #59

December 2011
    458 Posts
    I always thought a sort of rock/folk-ish soundtrack would fit the borderlands universe.

Maybe metal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,572 Posts
    Aww, I was hoping for more than 4 people to play as, but I like what they did with the trailer.
    Show us some familiar scenes, throw in characters from previous game, introduce new characters, show some gameplay( real gamelplay). They also pointed out the 4 player co-op and SPLIT screen, which is very nice of them. Normally I have to do a google search or look on the back of a box in-store to see if those things are there.

21. Post #61
    October 2010
    878 Posts

Oh boy, shes gonna get so much 34.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,608 Posts
    Hoping the comment on the dubstep was just a joke. That aside, I'm really looking forward to this game.

23. Post #63
    April 2008
    910 Posts
    All aboard the wub wagon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,422 Posts
    I love Nero, but I didnt feel like the song didnt meet the pacing of the video.

Also its not dubstep, why do people think this?

Edited:

game looks great though

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,608 Posts
    I love Nero, but I didnt feel like the song didnt meet the pacing of the video.
    So you thought it did?

26. Post #66
    Say what you like, but I enjoy Nero's Syndicate theme remix:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,422 Posts
    So you thought it did?
    damnit

28. Post #68
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Im sorry but my pants are saturated in semen.

29. Post #69
    November 2010
    5,267 Posts
    Can't you tell you aren't supposed to take the "Dubstep" seriously?
    Was Claptrap coming in at the end and saying "WUB WUB WUB" not enough satire for you?

It's nice to know there's going to be at least one humorous game coming out this year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #70
    March 2008
    430 Posts
    Thats dubstep?I didn't even notice the WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB
    Yes that is DUBSTEP.

The shit with the WUB WUB WUB WEEER ERRRRR WUUUUBBBBBB WUBWUBWUB is BROSTEP.

Subgenre. People just don't know because they don't listen to it enough to know

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,313 Posts
    Yes that is DUBSTEP.

The shit with the WUB WUB WUB WEEER ERRRRR WUUUUBBBBBB WUBWUBWUB is BROSTEP.

Subgenre. People just don't know because they don't listen to it enough to know
    It was Electro House.

32. Post #72
    May 2011
    894 Posts
    I will buy just to hear a clap trap go "wub wub"

Oh and I guess for the backpack rocket turret guy.

Though I think I'll wait and see if it's going to be worth it and just isn't a slightly more polished Borderlands.

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2008
    1,742 Posts
    Oh god I loved Borderlands 1, that game was so amazing (especially with a group of friends), definitely gonna dish out some dosh for this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,871 Posts
    ...dubstep?

really?

lol'd at more wub wub though
    Hell, it's at least better then "U GAWT 99 PROBLUMS"

35. Post #75
    August 2011
    251 Posts
    September 18th shall be so rad.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Yep.

36. Post #76
    December 2009
    5,040 Posts

Maya is going to have more 34.

37. Post #77
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,930 Posts
    Combine all of the good things from the DLC/core game into a brand new game?

Hell yes, don't mind if I do.
    I hope they add the vehicles from the Secret Armory DLC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)