1. Post #1
    July 2010
    978 Posts

http://www.vg247.com/2012/02/21/mass...-on-xbox-live/
    TotalBiscuit talks at length of what Bioware's launch DLC and how it has crossed the line of what is acceptable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 145Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2011
    312 Posts
    Why is he playing female Shepard? Male Shepard is better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree x 66Disagree x 42Funny x 7Optimistic x 2Informative x 1Dumb x 1Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    July 2011
    6,030 Posts
    Agree
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    not going to even bother with this game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 51Disagree Disagree x 9 (list)

5. Post #5
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,420 Posts
    Agreed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    June 2010
    4,402 Posts
    As I said in the thread about the news about the day one DLC, I'm a huge ME fan and I'd love to see the story finished. That being said, I will definitely be pirating ME3 and its Prothean DLC.

Can I just send money directly to the Bioware devs? So EA doesn't see a god damn dime?

(User was banned for this post ("We don't need to know you pirate." - Megafan))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24Agree Agree x 11 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,577 Posts
    Bioware has really been going down the shitter ever since EA bought them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 42 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2010
    871 Posts

Nah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 24Agree Agree x 17Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    Because it's more fun to stare at a female ass for hours on end when you're straight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 42Agree x 10Funny x 5Optimistic x 1Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Amazing, friendly, trustable and there for you when you're in deep shit
    March 2010
    3,650 Posts
    Will ME3 have the same female voice actress?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    February 2011
    1,416 Posts
    Because it's more fun to stare at a female ass for hours on end when you're straight.
    so the only reason you play games is to stare at the protagonists ass? I think you need some psychological help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    June 2010
    4,402 Posts
    I have a playthrough for either gender.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

13. Post #13
    June 2010
    6,201 Posts
    Generally I don't think an avatar's gender should matter, but maybe it's because BioWare made more of a deal of the FemShep this time or maybe simply because he has access to a small "team" of people that play games in different ways to collect more footage from different perspectives. I know he's doing it with RPGs because they're so huge, but I'm not convinced this also applies to the demo.

14. Post #14
    March 2010
    3,650 Posts
    It's probably because of the better voice actress, he said in his playtrough that it's apperently the proper way to play ME3 jokeingly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    EA/Bioware probably did that because you still got the Cerberus code thing even if you bought the game a year after it was released for 20 dollars.

16. Post #16
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,405 Posts
    I have never played any ME game, but I really enjoy listening to Totalbiscuit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    March 2010
    3,650 Posts
    I have never played any ME game, but I really enjoy listening to Totalbiscuit.
    He has some interesting opinions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,138 Posts
    It's okay Bioware/EA just deny out us something very major and linked to the story unless we pay you, that's fine, go for it.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,975 Posts
    WORTH THE DOWNLOAD

20. Post #20
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    I like free games. Thanks EA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 35Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,016 Posts
    I always felt that this was a really flawed argument. Maleshep does sound monotone and somewhat unfeeling, but as does femshep. The only difference i can tell is that femshep whispers her lines at times for dramatic effect, which often backfires and ends up making the line silly or killing the mood. Not to mention she is overly condescending in her acting, even when it's uncalled for.
    Not to mention the fact that, especially in me1, the dialogue is more male oriented and when played by femshep, she just sounds like a whispering stereotypical dike lesbian.

Personally i think the female voice actor is WORSE than the male one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

22. Post #22
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    so the only reason you play games is to stare at the protagonists ass? I think you need some psychological help.
    It's not why I play the game, it's just a nice bonus since the back side of the character is going to be visible the majority of the time. For that matter, why do you care? Calm down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,016 Posts
    On the topic of the video, i agree with the idea of content being developed during the games initial development for the sole reason of money. This only hurts more though seeing that the dlc in this case is REALLY important.
    I'm getting it regardless as i bought the Collector's edition, but i only get the ce because i really loved the games, not for dlc.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,738 Posts
    I was going to buy it, but day one DLC, the stupid fucking online pass thing, and the sheer amount of DLC that will come with it later on changed my mind.

I'll get it when there is a premium edition or something, with yknow, THE FULL GAME.

25. Post #25
    October 2009
    2,187 Posts
    i like jennifer hale in most of her roles but meer is a superior shepard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    March 2010
    3,650 Posts
    I always felt that this was a really flawed argument. Maleshep does sound monotone and somewhat unfeeling, but as does femshep. The only difference i can tell is that femshep whispers her lines at times for dramatic effect, which often backfires and ends up making the line silly or killing the mood. Not to mention she is overly condescending in her acting, even when it's uncalled for.
    Not to mention the fact that, especially in me1, the dialogue is more male oriented and when played by femshep, she just sounds like a whispering stereotypical dike lesbian.

Personally i think the female voice actor is WORSE than the male one.
    We all have our opinions but those whispers at the end does add to the drama somewhat and I generally think it sounds better. I'm going to do a new playtrough with Femshep as an other class in ME2 after I've finished my male one and then decide on which one to use in ME3 after having tested them both.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,016 Posts
    WE all have our opinions but those whispers at the end does add the the drama somewhat and I generally think it sounds better. I'm going to do a new playtrough with Femshep as an other class in ME2 after I've finished my male one and then decide on which one to use in ME3 after having tested them both.
    Well..[SUB]not when she talks[/SUB] LIKE THIS!
    The whispering is not always at the end, she does it at random times for a pathetic attempt to be more emphasizing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts
    this is the most retarded excuse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,659 Posts
    I was going to buy it, but day one DLC, the stupid fucking online pass thing, and the sheer amount of DLC that will come with it later on changed my mind.

I'll get it when there is a premium edition or something, with yknow, THE FULL GAME.
    Dunnuh about you, but I'm perfectly fine with online passes.

Day one IMPORTANT DLC? No way.

I'm okay with day one DLC if it's cheap and "useless," like different costumes or weapon reskins.

Edited:

Also, this digital deluxe edition reminds me of the Crysis 2 deluxe edition that was on Steam.

Costed 10 bucks more, yet the "regular" edition did not exist. lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

30. Post #30
    January 2011
    337 Posts
    Any developer or publisher that charges extra for content that is already made and finished before the game hits the stores (or even worse, charging to unlock content from the disc) is on my blacklist. Be it a pack of levels, missions, or a silly hat for your character to wear.
    Shit like that would have been unthinkable before massively spread high speed internet, and is a giant fucking dickmove to the consumer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    July 2010
    107 Posts
    EA is highly known for these things. It's a shame, but it isn't surprising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,890 Posts
    femshep is much more fun when going renegade

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,625 Posts

Femshep sounds bored about half the time and tired the other half. Meer has consistently improved since ME1 while Hale has actually gotten steadily more monotone, I mean hell, perfect example would be their delivery of the "Now, DRINK IT" line.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

34. Post #34
    October 2010
    4,765 Posts

Not really, she sounds rather overdramatic and/or bored when she goes renegade. Maleshep sounds much more serious and more of a badass then Femshep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

35. Post #35
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    you play a male in almost every other game
    that's so boring.

(there's a cross-dressing joke in there)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    June 2008
    700 Posts
    I feel she makes a way better renegade, she has a much more apathetic (but not emotionless) tone.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,974 Posts
    The thing that REALLY gets me. Is that if a Prothean DID show up, it would change the whole fucking story. I mean, you could just take the Prothean, show him to people, have him tell them to help Earth, kick the Reapers' asses, and call it a day. But they had to tell Bioware to make the story make LESS sense so that they could release the Prothean for 10 dollars and not have to make two stories. That's fucking bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,604 Posts
    gender and race are left to the players discretion they can play the game however the fuck they want now stop arguing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    15,946 Posts
    Femshep sounds bored about half the time and tired the other half. Meer has consistently improved since ME1 while Hale has actually gotten steadily more monotone, I mean hell, perfect example would be their delivery of the "Now, DRINK IT" line.
    Femshep's example is at 1:44

I completely agree, Meer has a lot more emotion in his voice. Hale just sounds boring and flat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

40. Post #40
    Nazi Sympathizer
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,078 Posts
    I know no one here likes 4chan but one thing /v/ does really well is digging shit up. The stuff they have on Bioware is ridiculous. Like TOR, if you saw their daily TORtanic threads filled to the brim with screen caps of Bioware forum posts you would end up gagging at how awful the administration is. Remove the unsubscribe button the day before everyone gets charged another month? I wish I was making it up.

Whether it's Bioware them selves or EA, I say you guys should really stop supporting them. They're getting worse and worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)