1. Post #1
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,430 Posts
    Hello comunity! I started a city, but it's just empty ghost town right now, without any life. So I need you to add life to this city, by contributing and editing. This town needs: Interiors, quests, characters and some clutter and other stuff.
    Pictures:

Plan:

(You can edit every of those exept red ones.)

Underground area:

Another map:
    http://www.1337upload.net/files/0satellite.png

Story&Stuff:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...XRfZ051d3JYUkE

City details:
    City's name is Luftahraan, wich means "face wound".
    City is free, meaning that it's not governed by jarl/empire. It has own leader.

Editing rules:
    Do not edit others stuff without permission (other npc's can be added to be part of your quest)
    Interiors must be atleast approximately similar than exterior.
    Do not hold the file for ever.
    Do not do idiotic stuff, it'll be skipped.
    You can add clutter to the streets and do minor edits.
    You can add more buildings outside the city.
    You must post changelog when finishing.
    You must crealy state that you're editing, and after it post the file for next to edit!

Notes:
    If you want to edit, post in thread or PM to the latest editer.
    LOD is not generated.
    You'll find this place in cells Luftahraan in Tamriel.

Custom content:
    (Not the plugin)
    http://leet.cc/1content.zip

TO DO:
    Long term:
    -Government NPCs
    -Main quest..?
    -Voice acting
    -QA
    -LOD
    -Some landscaping

Semi-Long term:
    -Navmesh
    -Quests
    -Keep area
    -Pirate isle-Started
    -Deep underground
    -Town NPCs
    -Shops
    -Mines
    -Every house's interior
    -Sewers
    -Street Decorations

Links:
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1165664...1#post35078154
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1165664...=#post34875098
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1165664...=#post34874885
    pastebin.com/2JSAN0cu
    http://pastebin.com/9AWQduYa
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1165664...1#post35135911
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1165664...1#post35136192
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1165664...1#post35168906
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1165664...1#post35409898
    http://pastebin.com/Fy1JRbLP
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1165664...1#post35404320
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...F7c/edit?pli=1

Contributors:
    Oskutin
    Oicani Gonzales
    G-Strogg
    PredatorKing
    Pelf
    Sector 7
    Birdman101
    McMissile
    LtKyle2
    Wheeze201
    Snoopiethedog
    Hashmere
    cathal6606
    Luke.A.M
    mepwn12
    Thorny

Available voice actors, modellers, texturers and writers:

Voice:
    Outcast_X
    drunkenmoose
    Pvt. Martin
    shozamar
    Zillamaster55
    Staneh
    Fussy!
    peterson
    NoShogun
    Nitrowing
    Mad Chatter
    mozzaman51
    inebriaticxp

Writers:
    vizard38
    zeldar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner x 166Dumb x 3Artistic x 2Informative x 2Agree x 2Optimistic x 1Useful x 1Friendly x 1Late x 1Zing x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,076 Posts
    I'm editing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 18 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2007
    7,430 Posts
    Should this be in Games in Progress?
    Can mod move?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 31Dumb Dumb x 10Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,174 Posts
    I might be able to write some quests if other people are willing to do literally everything else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2007
    7,430 Posts
    Now i can return to hammer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,456 Posts
    I would love to be a voice actor if anyone needs one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,174 Posts
    I might be able to do this too if you guys want a Redguard who sounds a smooth jazz player pushing 90 and has a diet of cigarettes and throat cancer

Edit:

So if you need a guy who sounds like this basically

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 49Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    I might want to, but I'm not sure how good I'd be :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,456 Posts
    I might be able to do this too if you guys want a Redguard who sounds a smooth jazz player pushing 90 and has a diet of cigarettes and throat cancer
    Well my accent is very southern, so stereotypically I could be a farmer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    January 2007
    7,430 Posts
    I might be able to write some quests if other people are willing to do literally everything else
    Can you do some interiors too?

Edited:

And we should name this city

11. Post #11
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,248 Posts
    Should this be in Games in Progress?
    Can mod move?
    I'll allow you to keep this here, unless another moderator wants to move it.
    This seems like a fun community project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 37Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,174 Posts
    Can you do some interiors too?
    Depends how easy to learn the CK is. So maybe.

But I will most definitely have lots and lots of spare time until like June, so I should be able to do a lotta stuff.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,176 Posts
    This looks pretty boss, I want to contribute.

If I was going to make something, I'd make a cooper's shop. Because god damn, Skyrim has a lot of barrels, and apparently they just come out of nowhere.

Also, whoever makes the guards, you should make them all subtly racist.

EDIT

the city should be named Luft Ahraan. Or Luftahraan, since that flows better.    draconic for "face wound."   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 69Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    September 2009
    183 Posts
    Seems like a pretty good idea, might contribute but I haven't actually used Skyrim's modding tools at all so most I can help with is probably writing backgrounds and the like.

15. Post #15
    October 2009
    1,865 Posts
    the city should be named Luft Ahraan. Or Luftahraan, since that flows better.    draconic for "face wound."   
    I like that, definitely all one word.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,365 Posts
    This is super awesome. Keep going man.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,708 Posts
    Same here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    October 2009
    1,865 Posts
    Same here as well. Hell, with all these volunteers you might as well give every citizen a unique voice. I'll do the chickens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 25 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,597 Posts
    Same here as well. Hell, with all these volunteers you might as well give every citizen a unique voice. I'll do the chickens.
    I'll do the creepy beggar who fondles children
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 44Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    September 2009
    2,082 Posts
    there should be some sort of zoo place. big ass warehouse holding all sorts of shit in the game (dragons, atronaches, dremora) maybe a quest involving them escaping and laying havoc upon the city?

god i wish i knew how to use the CK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 14Dumb Dumb x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    February 2009
    3,179 Posts
    there should be some sort of zoo place. big ass warehouse holding all sorts of shit in the game (dragons, atronaches, dremora) maybe a quest involving them escaping and laying havoc upon the city?

museum? they could be stuffed and come to life somehow but only when ben stiller comes to work the night shift
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 43Agree Agree x 7Zing Zing x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    7,652 Posts
    I've been modding Bethesda RPGs since Morrowind. I'd gladly contribute.
    Anything in particular need doing because everybody doing the same interiors might be a bit troublesome?

Oh it's taking it in turns. That makes sense
    Que me up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    At least I don't have alzheimer's.
    January 2011
    2,297 Posts
    I would help if I knew how to use this program.
    Probably will once I learn.

24. Post #24
    May 2010
    791 Posts
    museum? they could be stuffed and come to life somehow but only when ben stiller comes to work the night shift
    im down with making the ben stiller model. im fairly modeling-literate and i ave zbrush and 3ds max.
    he'll, id like to contribute to this any way i can.

il contribute the fuck outta this.

Also, this just came to mind.
    There are models of characters that we played in previous games, and since they are supposed to be player created, they are malformed and hideous. So you would go into the museum and admire the statue of "Dickass, the Oblivion Gate Closer", who was crosseyed, blue-chinned, and had a lite brite afro

Also, at night they wander the halls, and they only thing they say to you is "KILL ME!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    August 2011
    2,314 Posts
    So where is this going to be anyways?

26. Post #26
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    I'll contribute.

also, what about a semi-submerged dwemer tower off the coast?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    16,090 Posts
    i can sound like Cicero

28. Post #28
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,365 Posts
    Needs an arena.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,176 Posts

that would be totally lore-breaking

I'm assuming the main focus of this project is to create a new, realistic town that fits in with the rest of skyrim.

Also, on the subject of content creation; you're implying that the ESP will be passed from user to user, but isn't there a way to combine multiple ESPs into an ESM? (That's how Bethesda made the game, after all.)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,456 Posts
    If you do end up making a Ben Stiller expy, make sure he's called Sten Biller or something similar. It just works. Also I might be interested in some Voice acting, just gotta tune my mic and try out a few voices. Any suggestions for lines?

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,176 Posts
    If you do end up making a Ben Stiller expy, make sure he's called Sten Biller or something similar. It just works. Also I might be interested in some Voice acting, just gotta tune my mic and try out a few voices. Any suggestions for lines?
    Do some lines for a town crier

take thread titles out of http://www.facepunch.com/forums/396 and replace the names as appropriate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,456 Posts
    Do some lines for a town crier

take thread titles out of http://www.facepunch.com/forums/396 and replace the names as appropriate
    Had an idea: what if the arena announcer from oblivion had grandkids:
    It's rather late so going full-blown announcer might wake the neighbors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 21Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    March 2008
    1,614 Posts
    I'll start making some characters for the city, I'll make some for the poor part for when it's made too.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,332 Posts
    Oh wow. Awesome idea.
    I'd love to contribute, just need some more practice with the creation kit first.

Plan on doing something in the near future though.

35. Post #35
    June 2010
    6,317 Posts
    I'm afraid all I can do is draw a bit, so I probably won't be of any use. But I'll follow this thread regardless, seems like a fun project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

36. Post #36
    August 2007
    203 Posts
    Had an idea: what if the arena announcer from oblivion had grandkids:
    It's rather late so going full-blown announcer might wake the neighbors.
    Awesome. Although you would benefit from a pop filter. it would get rid of those "pops" example: @ 0.09 0.10, and 0.10 again. You can pick one up pretty cheap at amazon or make your own: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Pop-Filter Seriously, do it. Makes a huge difference.

Oh, and if you don't mind me asking, what are you using to edit that sexy voice?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,299 Posts
    Can i be a slave named Scruffy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    January 2007
    7,430 Posts
    I've been modding Bethesda RPGs since Morrowind. I'd gladly contribute.
    Anything in particular need doing because everybody doing the same interiors might be a bit troublesome?

Oh it's taking it in turns. That makes sense
    Que me up.
    You'll be the next?

40. Post #40
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    We should make quests in the city, like go around and get stuff for people, or go outside of town and collect some item from a mob vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)