1. Post #121
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,171 Posts
    That city could be some kind of rebel state or free city.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,644 Posts
    Technically the High King decides a matching armor set for all guards in Skyrim, since they are all part of one big army. That way when enemies invade the identification of what town the guards watch etc are easy.
    yeah that does make sense

Though I guess we'll basically have to go with the mercenaries idea anyway, seeing as this city will never get mentioned as an actual town in the main quest
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #123
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,366 Posts
    maybe the city could be independent heh

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,194 Posts
    Just as long as we make it realistic.

Why would an adventurer spend his own hard cash just so he can be a guard? Maybe he was hi-- I'm sorry.

Anyhow, we have to make it believable somehow. Maybe the guards are offered insane wages.

5. Post #125
    January 2007
    7,171 Posts
    When you're going to foward the file for next one?

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,194 Posts
    Right now since I'm going to bed.

Give me some minutes to upload it...is filesmelt ok?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #127
    February 2011
    17,366 Posts
    Just as long as we make it realistic.

Why would an adventurer spend his own hard cash just so he can be a guard? Maybe he was hi-- I'm sorry.

Anyhow, we have to make it believable somehow. Maybe the guards are offered insane wages.
    maybe there's a really sick mine and the ruler of the island is hella rich and can afford paying for well equipped and trained guards
    since it's not a part of the high king's shit it wont need a custom uniform, just some regular matching armor

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,644 Posts
    maybe there's a really sick mine and the ruler of the island is hella rich and can afford paying for well equipped and trained guards
    since it's not a part of the high king's shit it wont need a custom uniform, just some regular matching armor
    I propose the mine be a heavily fortified death camp disguised as an ideallic workplace. That way there's fuel for a nice city-spanning quest, i.e. breaking in for evidence to depose the Jarl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,194 Posts
    btw who's next on the list?

Aight changelog:

-fixed a bunch of statics, making some of the towns ground look better (this is a WIP)
    -inital navmesh, the road to the town and a bit inside is covered.

If anyone else is doing navmesh, please wait until the last minute before you finalize! navmeshes dont cross cell borders and it's extremely important that they match on both sides of a border otherwise NPC's cant cross cell borders!

Edited:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/uusimaa.esp

Have at ye

Edited:

Also if you place statics there's a slight chance I might alter their position if they stand on ground I intend to fix.

I won't delete anything tho!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    January 2007
    7,171 Posts
    I propose the mine be a heavily fortified death camp disguised as an ideallic workplace. That way there's fuel for a nice city-spanning quest, i.e. breaking in for evidence to depose the Jarl.
    Lower parts of the mines should be gulag camp.
    And maybe the city owner's title shouldn't be jarl?

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,644 Posts
    Lower parts of the mines should be gulag camp.
    And maybe the city owner's title shouldn't be jarl?
    Maybe the city owner should be like some big-shot Imperial merchant who got lucky and bought the area from an indiginous tribe. That way we can get in a load of foreshadowing about the merchant's fate of being stabbed in the face repeatedly by the Dragonborn.

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,194 Posts
    So you guys are ok with me taking the responsibility of fixing the town ground, or is anyone else interested in working on that?

13. Post #133
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    This is just a few ideas I think might be handy, I've never touched any mod tools with any of bethesda's games so I'm pretty much useless at editing the city it's self but here is a draw over.

Basically boatyard, lighthouse, some ice in the water and add some walls/catapults if you're going with the merc theme, they wouldn't go cheap in defences.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #134
    January 2007
    7,171 Posts
    Maybe the shouth side of the 2nd island is ideal for the docks.
    It covers from winds.

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,194 Posts
    welp, night erryone! see you tomorrow.

16. Post #136
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    Maybe the shouth side of the 2nd island is ideal for the docks.
    It covers from winds.
    Maybe, more space as well so you could throw in a fishery as well, have to remove a bit around it to make it so ships can go in and out, logically that is.

17. Post #137
    January 2007
    7,171 Posts
    Ships can go from west side of the 2nd island.

Just an ideas.

Edited:

btw who's next on the list?

Aight changelog:

-fixed a bunch of statics, making some of the towns ground look better (this is a WIP)
    -inital navmesh, the road to the town and a bit inside is covered.

If anyone else is doing navmesh, please wait until the last minute before you finalize! navmeshes dont cross cell borders and it's extremely important that they match on both sides of a border otherwise NPC's cant cross cell borders!

Edited:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/uusimaa.esp

Have at ye

Edited:

Also if you place statics there's a slight chance I might alter their position if they stand on ground I intend to fix.

I won't delete anything tho!
    But who is going to continue now?

18. Post #138
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    Ships can go from west side of the 2nd island.
    Ah I see now.

19. Post #139
    January 2007
    7,171 Posts
    I'm editing the map, i'll do quick edit

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,937 Posts
    What I think. Also, the lighthouse could be moved if it would make more sense to have it on the opposite side by the docks.

21. Post #141
    January 2007
    7,171 Posts
    There's already small boatyard at the farm area, fishery could be added there.

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,937 Posts
    Also, I don't know about anyone else but I think that the dwarven tower is out-of-place with all the Whiterun and Nordic stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,614 Posts
    I can do some voice acting, here is a demo reel I just whipped up in 20 seconds.

I can also do more voices then the 3

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 25 (list)

24. Post #144
    January 2007
    7,171 Posts
    Also, I don't know about anyone else but I think that the dwarven tower is out-of-place with all the Whiterun and Nordic stuff.
    This place has interesting history.
    First dwarves had outpost/place there, then came ancient nords and built stronghold, then other fort were build over the ruins and then more people joined to the city

Edited:

Finished editing!
    http://www.1337upload.net/files/0uusimaa.zip

+Renamed city's cells Lufthraan.
    +Added small bridge to the mines.

Edited:

Wait i'll reupload.
    DONE!

25. Post #145
    August 2007
    203 Posts
    I would really like to see someone high up in the town (eg, duke, lord, or very rich guy) being insane, in a blood thirsty way. He would pay you to go out and murder people and return body bits to him to feed his cannibalistic life style.

I think it would be pretty cool.
    Had an idea: what if the arena announcer from oblivion had grandkids:
    Listen to Soundcloud recording

http://soundcloud.com/nitrowing/luft...nnouncer-crier

It's rather late so going full-blown announcer might wake the neighbors.
    Make a random dog wander around town and if the player interacts with it, it sits down stares at you, and through your mind it says "Slaughter the townspeople. Spill their blood in the streets, spread their entrails across the land!" in a very creepy voice then bark happily and run away.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 47 (list)

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,840 Posts
    -snip terrible joke please kill me-

27. Post #147
    January 2007
    7,171 Posts
    Waiting someone to continue.

http://www.1337upload.net/files/0uusimaa.zip

28. Post #148
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #149
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,161 Posts
    I was going to record a couple lines of me talking like a skyrim guard, but it turns out my mic has a metric ass-ton of white noise. Ill see if I can touch it up in soundbooth, but either I need a new mic, or voice acting isn't for me.

I'll just stick to being a useless "idea guy".

30. Post #150
    February 2011
    17,366 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    January 2007
    7,171 Posts
    Go ahead.

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,207 Posts
    There should be an old well that has apparently dried out and is sealed, but when you go to explore it you find that a guy is inside. He deals gossip and has a quest line about an unfaithful wife who's husband has recently died and she reaps the benefits of his life's work. She's particularly infatuated by a gilded mirror that, for one reason or another, she draws a circle of salt around daily. The man in the well asks you to sneak into her house and disturb the circle of sand while she sleeps, then leave the house. You go to the well the next day only to find the seal disturbed allowing you to look inside and see your quest rewards, including the deed to the woman's house, and a decently sized mirror but no man.

Citizens from then on out will talk about how the widow hasn't been heard from in quite some time. Where could she have gone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

33. Post #153
    January 2007
    7,171 Posts
    Heh, good, that there's already a sealed well.

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,207 Posts
    I could probably do it. Just don't know exactly where I write quests.

35. Post #155
    February 2011
    17,366 Posts
    I could probably do it. Just don't know exactly where I write quests.
    Start here: http://www.creationkit.com/Bethesda_...ning_the_Quest
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    January 2007
    7,171 Posts

Well need similar system as that.

Edited:

(Found from finnish gmod forum)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,161 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,138 Posts
    mind if I grab the next upload?

also we should get some people to do QA before it's finished

39. Post #159
    February 2011
    17,366 Posts
    What does Bethesda have against me

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,210 Posts
    I personally believe the ruler of the town should be a dude who crowned himself high king of Skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)