7,177 Posts
    What you mean?
    To add characters?
    Or to add interior?

2. Post #402
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,164 Posts
    I think he thinks we are just programming ourselves into the game.

3. Post #403
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    Do the NPC's have the skyrim version of our names, also is there a picture or something to tell us which building has been used by someone else?

Or will we figure that out when we edit the file?
    I've put down markers in the editor for the places I've made/dicked with, and I'm fairly sure that the other contributors have too.

4. Post #404
    March 2011
    4,000 Posts
    I've put down markers in the editor for the places I've made/dicked with.
    Yeah this is what I meant.

About the Skyrim name thing, that's what I thought everyone is doing with the whole voice acting thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #405
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    I'mma edit the ESP, have a shot at giving Aengoth/Pvt Martin's character a house and some dialogue.

6. Post #406
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,359 Posts
    Yeah this is what I meant.

About the Skyrim name thing, that's what I thought everyone is doing with the whole voice acting thing.
    Um we're not..? We're simply trying to get voice actors for the city's inhabitants. It would be cool if in the far future we could add versions of our own Skyrim characters to the city.

7. Post #407
    November 2009
    7,164 Posts
    Um we're not..? We're simply trying to get voice actors for the city's inhabitants. It would be cool if in the far future we could add versions of our own Skyrim characters to the city.
    That would be most rad.

8. Post #408
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,210 Posts
    So I had an idea for a building but I want to get your opinions. So its a bath house of sorts built over dwemer ruins. The steam from the random pipes keeps it warm. Then I could make a quest where the pool is getting cold and you have to go down into the ruins below it to turn the pipes back on. Good idea or not?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #409
    March 2011
    4,000 Posts
    oh.

I'm dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #410
    November 2009
    7,164 Posts
    Alright. I did a test run with an old version of the esm, and I think I got it down.
    Next time I'm on and its not being worked on I'll put in some interiors for the middle class housing.

11. Post #411
    Deviantart Appreciation Station's Finest
    April 2009
    18,904 Posts
    Seeing as I can only find one NPC and he's surrounded by random enchanted weapons, I'd say this is probably him:
    I still remember how to make npc's with the creation kit. Just tell me how to save him to a file and link it here, and he's good to go :3

12. Post #412
    January 2009
    4,841 Posts
    Ive got an idea.

How about someone in the town is designing a weapon, like a crossbow, or something, and needs you to get some things for him, and depending on what you get him, the weapon changes? If you get him fire salts, for example, It will do fire damage. And, after you do the quest, You can get the weapon from him?

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    Pvt. Martin, what do you think of this dialogue?

Aengoth Dialogue

(Greeting an NPC)

You ever thought of buying something from my shop?
    Think you could do with an enchanted something?
    Did you know that one in ten Luftahraan bosmer are only able to eat once a week?

(Saying goodbye to an NPC)

Please, come visit my shop some time!
    I need customers!

(Greeting the player)

(First time) Huh, wow. Looks like all that yelling finally paid off.
    Wanna buy something, buddy?
    You know, by supporting my shop, you're putting food on the plate of an impoverished elf. That's a good deed.
    Hey, friend, what can I do for you?

(Saying goodbye to the player)

Please, come again some time soon!
    Please, tell your friends about my shop!
    Please, tell your friends about my plight!

('What have you got for sale?')

You mean you're going to buy something? From my shop? After all the- yeah, I'm gonna stop talking.
    I- wow, this is a shock, even from you.

(Hawking his wares)

[Note: Every last one of these has to be forced as fuck]

Flamin' swords! Get your FLAMIN' SWORDS here! Get them hot off the table!
    Try my new enchanted armor! It's guaranteed to... protect you! From any sword, arrow, or ummm... axes?
    Ever wanted a dagger that can set people on fire? This is the place for... those things!
    Hey, you! Ditch that dodgy old sword and pick up one that's hotter than Oblivion itself!
    Sick of all those boring old 'normal' enchantments? Try one my innovative creations, like the amazing Hat of Crippling Fear!
    Make sure to shop here! Get amazing magical supplies and feed a starving bosmer in the process!
    Try an incredible invention of Aengoth, like Aengoth's Amulet of Yelling, guaranteed to amplify your voice and help with any confidence issues!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #414
    April 2009
    18,904 Posts
    Ive got an idea.

How about someone in the town is designing a weapon, like a crossbow, or something, and needs you to get some things for him, and depending on what you get him, the weapon changes? If you get him fire salts, for example, It will do fire damage. And, after you do the quest, You can get the weapon from him?
    But then that would mean designing a whole new weapon for the game.

Edited:

I love every single diolouge.

Is there a way to add combat diolauge, and dragon attack diolouge, just in case? :3

also how do you pronounce my character's name?

15. Post #415
    August 2009
    709 Posts
    This is gonna be awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    But then that would mean designing a whole new weapon for the game.

Edited:

I love every single diolouge.

Is there a way to add combat diolauge, and dragon attack diolouge, just in case? :3

also how do you pronounce my character's name?
    Yes, there is. Only issue is that the sheer amount of combat dialogue means that doing it right will take a lot of work. But hey, still possible.

And his name is pronounced like 'Lane goth'

Edited:

I've gotta head off now, most of the work on Aengoth's dialogue is unfinished, but here's the file for now anyway:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/3uusimaa.rar

I'll be picking it back up as soon as I get back.

-Built house for Aengoth, gave him AI packages involving it and the Luftahraan pub
    -Gave Aengoth 'What have you got for sale?' dialogue, and started work on a dialogue quest.

17. Post #417
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,072 Posts
    I vote when the shop owner says "I need customers!", he says it in a begging voice with a choked-back sob on the tail-end
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #418
    April 2009
    18,904 Posts
    Here is what I think Aengoth should look like:

Link to the esp to edit him: http://www.mediafire.com/?2qruyudf16vjuxr

just put SCPAengoth in the search filter to find him

19. Post #419
    November 2009
    7,164 Posts
    Yes, there is. Only issue is that the sheer amount of combat dialogue means that doing it right will take a lot of work. But hey, still possible.

And his name is pronounced like 'Lane goth'

Edited:

I've gotta head off now, most of the work on Aengoth's dialogue is unfinished, but here's the file for now anyway:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/3uusimaa.rar

I'll be picking it back up as soon as I get back.

-Built house for Aengoth, gave him AI packages involving it and the Luftahraan pub
    -Gave Aengoth 'What have you got for sale?' dialogue, and started work on a dialogue quest.
    My turn

Editing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,943 Posts
    If the city requires a fletcher VC, I can try it out. Having a hardtime with background noise with my mic currently, but that is something that can be fixed by editing, mostly.

I sound kinda young (I think, I can't really judge that myself) and I have a Swedish accent so I guess a young nord fletcher and aspiring hunter is the way to go.

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,906 Posts
    So how can this quest designer help?

22. Post #422
    I think PVT martin's character should sponsor the arena.

Ringmaster: "'Ere ya go lad(or lass), one arena reinment, *sigh* sponsored by Aengoth, owner of Aengoth's enchantments. 'E is the best in town, you should visit him for blah blah blah. Just get in the fight and decapitate someone!"

23. Post #423
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,141 Posts
    If the city requires a fletcher VC, I can try it out. Having a hardtime with background noise with my mic currently, but that is something that can be fixed by editing, mostly.

I sound kinda young (I think, I can't really judge that myself) and I have a Swedish accent so I guess a young nord fletcher and aspiring hunter is the way to go.
    do what that other guy did and record from under a blanket

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,943 Posts
    Will do, I'll get back with a recording soon enough.

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    I think PVT martin's character should sponsor the arena.

Ringmaster: "'Ere ya go lad(or lass), one arena reinment, *sigh* sponsored by Aengoth, owner of Aengoth's enchantments. 'E is the best in town, you should visit him for blah blah blah. Just get in the fight and decapitate someone!"
    How about this:

"Ere ya go lad/lass, one arena raiment. *sigh* sponsored by Aengoth's Enchantments. Best in town, go visit him, paid a single septim for this sponsorship, only sponsor we got, blah blah blah. But you don't need a sob story, get out there, and make sure you're the only one who comes back."

26. Post #426
    November 2009
    7,164 Posts
    do what that other guy did and record from under a blanket
    Works great, went from having the noise of my computer and my furnace (next room over) no almost no noise. I used adobe soundbooth pro cs5 to take out the rest /brag

27. Post #427
    How about this:

"Ere ya go lad/lass, one arena raiment. *sigh* sponsored by Aengoth's Enchantments. Best in town, go visit him, paid a single septim for this sponsorship, only sponsor we got, blah blah blah. But you don't need a sob story, get out there, and make sure you're the only one who comes back."
    Yes. I like that much better.

Also I need to reference oblivion's arena s much as I can.

28. Post #428
    I survived the Temple of Doom
    December 2008
    6,103 Posts
    I'm not even going to pretend like I'm good with modding, but this looks really great so far.

I'd definitely be willing to try and help out with questline stories and voice acting if/when you guys get this far.

Looking forward to seeing this city get filled out.

29. Post #429
    April 2009
    18,904 Posts

My throat hurts :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 5 (list)

30. Post #430
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,943 Posts
    Think you could write up some lines for me to try out? Would make things way easier then for me to ramble up shit.

32. Post #432
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,359 Posts
    Sounds a bit young considering how you want Aengoth to look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #433
    April 2009
    18,904 Posts
    Sounds a bit young considering how you want Aengoth to look.
    I'm 18

But yeah, I know it's a high pitched voice, but I don't really care for it, unless my voice magically deepened enough to be better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #434
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,359 Posts
    The elf version posted earlier would fit a bit more imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #435
    April 2009
    18,904 Posts
    The elf version posted earlier would fit a bit more imo.
    Meh, ok.

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    Here's the finished dialogue lines (for now, anyway) for Aengoth Arril, Pvt. Martin:

http://pastebin.com/XDBrg5J4

Think you could write up some lines for me to try out? Would make things way easier then for me to ramble up shit.
    Well sure, how about I see about building a character off that aspiring hunter concept you came up with?

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,943 Posts
    Go right ahead.

38. Post #438
    Here's the finished dialogue lines (for now, anyway) for Aengoth Arril, Pvt. Martin:

Well sure, how about I see about building a character off that aspiring hunter concept you came up with?
    Hate to be a bother, but could you draw up some lines for a bloodthirsty arena ringmaster, kinda circusy?
    Maybe also an insane hobo?

39. Post #439
    MAD FAB LURKER
    June 2006
    461 Posts
    I'm going to have a chance to deliver some lines tomorrow morning around 10 AM PST.

I had the psyker voice, and I was practicing a great Nosferatu-style voice from Vampire: The Masquerade. I'll also do my normal voice for reference.

Also, what format should we save our demos?

40. Post #440
    April 2009
    18,904 Posts

Could you put like what kind of emotion I'm portraying for each line please?