1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,110 Posts
    Holy shit, you're on facepunch? You're like, my #1 inspiration for rap beats. I'm absolute shit at anything rhythmic, but I'm trying. Just because I love your shit so much.
    dude, that makes me feel all fucking warm and fuzzy and shit

if you didnt find my shit from facepunch, how did you find me?

and thanks man, i was garbage when i started, and in my humble opinion i still am

you'll get there

2. Post #122
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,008 Posts
    dude, that makes me feel all fucking warm and fuzzy and shit

if you didnt find my shit from facepunch, how did you find me?

and thanks man, i was garbage when i started, and in my humble opinion i still am

you'll get there
    I found this:

not sure how

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,110 Posts
    o i c

that one is still my favorite, and i made it back when i had no idea what the fuck EQ'ing or compression was

i plan to redo it with my current production knowledge and its going to be so fucking tight and i'm going to call it bill cosby mk. iii and oh fuck

too bad i got arrested a couple nights ago so naturally i'm in deep shit so i dont have access to the computer in my room where all the magic happens

which sucks

4. Post #124
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,008 Posts
    o i c

that one is still my favorite, and i made it back when i had no idea what the fuck EQ'ing or compression was

i plan to redo it with my current production knowledge and its going to be so fucking tight and i'm going to call it bill cosby mk. iii and oh fuck

too bad i got arrested a couple nights ago so naturally i'm in deep shit so i dont have access to the computer in my room where all the magic happens

which sucks
    You should do a video sometime on how you do-what-you-do.
    And sorry to hear about your law troubles. puck the folice.

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,110 Posts
    i've thought about doing that in the past, but i didnt think that anyone really cared enough

maybe eventually

and yeah seriously cops are such dicks, like who honestly gives a shit about a few teenagers smoking pot in the middle of nowhere fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,110 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #128

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,110 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    January 2012
    389 Posts
    Here's my SoundCloud if anyone wants to look:

http://soundcloud.com/count-latchula

It's not ALL hip-hop/rap beat... but most of it is.

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,110 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #132

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,602 Posts

14. Post #134
    yeah but his are better

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,602 Posts
    Still got ya to listen to it

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,110 Posts
    if this had a beat that didnt bore me to death it would be sick

keep it up

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,602 Posts
    Thanks man. Does anyone rap on fp? other than Th89?

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,269 Posts
    I hear a lot of oldschool sample beats in here, good job guys. Didnt think that there were so many producers on Facepunch.

A couple of my beats.

Oh shit, sorry for stretching, any way to make them smaller?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    February 2011
    247 Posts
    I rap, only in swedish though.

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,110 Posts
    i just went back and looked at my post and now i feel like i came off as a dick so allow me to rephrase

the song was still sick, it just would have benefited from a more active beat

and i dont rap, but i tend to freestyle a lot when i'm stoned. it usually sounds pretty good and i can come up with some sweet rhymes but nobodies ever heard me do it because i'm not at all confident in my lyrical prowess

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,602 Posts
    I'm still getting used to having individual tracks for all my drums. I used to have a .vst that loaded up all the drums on the same track, back when I didn't know what mixing really was lol. My friends can get me freestyling for a couple bars and I write a lot. I wanna get a mic and pretend i'm an MC for a day sometime.

I also watch a lot of breaking bad

In hindsight I should have made another bass track for the parts where it plays more. Too much bass there imo

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,110 Posts
    I'm still getting used to having individual tracks for all my drums. I used to have a .vst that loaded up all the drums on the same track, back when I didn't know what mixing really was lol. My friends can get me freestyling for a couple bars and I write a lot. I wanna get a mic and pretend i'm an MC for a day sometime.

I also watch a lot of breaking bad

In hindsight I should have made another bass track for the parts where it plays more. Too much bass there imo
    lemme know if you scoop up the mic

i got what you need

23. Post #143
    January 2011
    170 Posts
    my god rediscover, your stuff makes such good scratching/battle material

24. Post #144
    August 2008
    148 Posts
    Bass is way to high. At least slice that drum loop bro. The other FP'ers may not be hip to it, but personally I can't stand when producers just take a drum loop over a sample.

It's not a bad beat, just artistically basic imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,110 Posts
    Bass is way to high. At least slice that drum loop bro. The other FP'ers may not be hip to it, but personally I can't stand when producers just take a drum loop over a sample.

It's not a bad beat, just artistically basic imo.
    but it sounds so nice :c

Edited:

but i do agree on the bass, my speakers dont have the best response so i didnt know until i uploaded it

26. Post #146
    August 2008
    148 Posts

Edited:

but i do agree on the bass, my speakers dont have the best response so i didnt know until i uploaded it
    Like I said man, it's not bad. My take on this beat is more technical than anything (which shouldn't impact your music much).

One thing you can do to help with your bass accuracy is monitoring. WATCH the levels in your mixer of the bass when it's solo'd (or in its own channel), determine what level sound best on a big sound system, and go from there.

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    578 Posts

Edited:

Edited:

That guys is wrong. This beat is sick as fuck. Keep it up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    Starting at 1:26 that beat is sick as fuck, I'm not a fan of the beginning though

29. Post #149
    August 2008
    148 Posts
    On the off chance anyone is from or going to be in the Bay Area tonight, I'm competing in a producers showcase for iStandard. Hit me for details.

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,700 Posts
    That guys is wrong. This beat is sick as fuck. Keep it up!
    He's actually right though. The bass is annoyingly present, and it's just a sustained sinewave which is really boring. It seems to drown out a lot of the mix by pushing the limiter.

Also that break has been used so many times that I definitely agree you oughta slice it up. I mean I recognised it from the first kick.

Really good sampling though. If it had a better mix this would be totally sick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,110 Posts
    He's actually right though. The bass is annoyingly present, and it's just a sustained sinewave which is really boring. It seems to drown out a lot of the mix by pushing the limiter.

Also that break has been used so many times that I definitely agree you oughta slice it up. I mean I recognised it from the first kick.

Really good sampling though. If it had a better mix this would be totally sick.
    its my speakers fault for lying to me about the level of the bass

it sounds nice and subtle and then i hear it on somebody else's system and its like BRMMMMMMM BRMMMM BRMMMMMM

32. Post #152
    August 2008
    148 Posts
    He's actually right though.
    I'm wrong. I have no experience or technical knowledge.

/sarcasm

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,700 Posts
    I'm wrong. I have no experience or technical knowledge.
    dont take it like that man.

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,745 Posts
    Today I learned about tapestop effects and triplet grids, so I made this:

God I love these 808 samples. Beat in the style of DJ Drama/DJ Khaled and the likes. Let me know what you think!

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    433 Posts
    Where do you guys get these awesome samples?

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,745 Posts
    -snip-

37. Post #157
    August 2008
    148 Posts
    Preview for an upcoming series we produced.

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,269 Posts
    Trillian Bass?

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,700 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    August 2008
    148 Posts
    Check it out

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)