1. Post #1
    MoronYard
    May 2010
    1,266 Posts

Gamemode / Addon Development

[release]Smash

This gamemode features a unique Plaver vs. Player experience. Instead of a battle of force, it's a battle of reaction time, speed and physics. Every map is unique and has its own challenges. The objective is to be the last man standing.

As each round begins, boxes are fired from cannons all around the map. This may not be the best thing, as you have found yourself standing on an unstable platform. You run around frantically in an attempt to not be crushed or take the long fall to your death. You must make your way, amidst the chaos, across the platforms in an attempt to find the safest area. Either you find it, or you end up dead.

Last one standing wins a cash reward. The amount of money that is received is dependent on how many players are playing. A new round begins, and it brings with it a new set of challenges.

Screenshots:

[/release]

[release]Slope

The objective of this gamemode is to race the other players to the top of a hill. Props big and small begin to fall from the sky. They tumble down the hill and make their way towards you. Now comes the fun part, you get to dodge them. You weave in and out of the props, trying to stay alive. The first one to reach the top is rewarded, but everyone else is too! It all depends on how far you can get up that pesky hill.

Screenshots:

[/release]

[release]TF2-Style Dodgeball

This gamemode consists of two teams with the main objective of eliminating the rival team. Each team member will be given a blaster to deflect rockets. Your reaction time will be tested as you will need to shoot back any approaching rockets to avoid being hurt. The last team left alive will be the winner.

All players are split into 2 teams with each team having their own area. After a short period of time the round starts and a rocket is fired from each of the teams areas. The rocket fired is aimed at one of the players on the enemy team; for example the rocket fired from the blue area is targeted at a player on the red team.

Blasters:
    Blasters are modified TF2 flamethrowers with the ability to deflect rockets using the compression blast. You can get different and more powerful blasters by crafting or finding them.

When the rocket approaches you or other members of your team you should right click with the blaster to deflect the rocket towards the other team. Each blast will increase the speed of the rocket until it hits a player and explodes. If you get hit too often, you will die and have to wait for the next round.

Dodgeball was originally developed by voogru for Team Fortress 2; this is merely an adaptation of the gamemode for Garry’s Mod and I take no credit in the idea.

Screenshots:

Videos
    [/release]

[release]nonDB Server-addon

nonDB is our main server add-on which adds a lot of exciting features to all gamemodes.

- Around 110 different hats, auras and body attachments which can be bought in the shop and managed in the inventory.
    - 4 item qualities and 40 different particle effects for extra rare items.
    - A crafting system which allows the player to create new items. There are currently over 30 different recipes!
    - The ability to trade your items to other players in the marketplace.
    - An item drop-system inspired by TF2, through which players can randomly find new items to use & craft.
    - Map voting systems for all gamemodes.
    - Events are planned on a regular basis, such as Halloween & Holiday Events or tournaments for our gamemodes.
    - Awards and achievements for all our gamemodes.
    - Profiles which track player statistics such as wins, losses, kills and deaths.
    - … and a lot more.

All of these features are available on all servers and are integrated into our forums.

Screenshots:

[/release]

[release]
    Servers and Links

Website & Forums: http://www.moronyard.com/
    Item Database: http://items.moronyard.com/

Smash [#1] - 70.42.74.189:27015
    Slope [#2] - 70.42.74.189:27016
    Dodgeball [#3] [BETA] - 70.42.74.189:27017
    Lobby [#4] - 176.31.103.138:27015
    [/release]

[release]
    Credits

Stebbzor - Coding / Art.
    nonSENSE - Coding / Art.
    garry :D - (obviously)
    voogru - Idea for TF2 Dodgeball
    JetBoom - Idea for shop, awards & votemap
    Sadistic Slayer & _ChewGum - Idea for Slope
    Chrisaster - gm_sourcenet3 and ResourceX
    VoideD - gmsv_furryfinder
    CapsAdmin - Origin-fix for hats
    Divran & sk8 - DrawOutlinedRoundedRect function
    Valve - TF2, CS:S and HL2 content
    Knoxed, Jequito, SniperDuck, Persious, Fro Dough, SonicSnipe, RedeaD - Creating several hats for the server

If I forgot someone, please let me know.
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Lua King x 18Dumb x 2Winner x 2Artistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

October 2011
    12 Posts
    Wow, looks pretty decent.

(Yes, I know im a hardcore player of your servers but this is the first time ive seen everything in one place! :P)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,537 Posts
    hey this is really cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2011
    6 Posts
    Been playing on Moron Yard for awhile now, the gamemodes are unique to garrysmod and the shop is fantastic. Their is a joy in having a badass hat/body/aura on the server. It allows you to individualize yourself. Not to mention he gamemodes, they all revolve around getting money for the shop, thus fueling your incentive to play. Plus its fun in general.

also.. Im listed twice on the credits :D <WINNING>
    >edit: Damn you fixed it.

5. Post #5
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,668 Posts
    I've played alot and I must say the gamemodes are great. Nice job. And thanks for crediting me.

6. Post #6
    September 2001
    12,435 Posts
    Looks fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 7Friendly Friendly x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    October 2011
    22 Posts
    Ye the Slope and Smash I have played they are quite fun. It's a friendly community.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    December 2011
    432 Posts
    Very nice communtiy, everything has been coded well and you can tell lots of effort has been put towards their servers. I hope to see them get bigger, as they deserve the popularity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,050 Posts
    Just need moar maps for Slope. Was pretty darn fun.

10. Post #10
    Pimpin' Member
    September 2008
    631 Posts
    Yeah we're actually looking for mappers for it. So if you're interested then please contact either me or nonsense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,597 Posts
    Loved playing there, and enjoyed it as long as there were some players on. Definetly worth a try you all!

12. Post #12
    Dennab
    February 2012
    982 Posts
    Slope sounds really fun. I'm hyped.

13. Post #13
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,862 Posts

14. Post #14

June 2009
    1,830 Posts
    You know you're doing something right when Garry says your gamemode is fun.
    ( I say they're fun too. I played before you made a steam thread. :hipster:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    May 2011
    1,010 Posts
    MOTHER OF GOD, Smash was the most funnest gamemode ever for me and now i found a server ment for it with a friendly community and shop Awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    Oh my fucking god typing XD in chat kills you I love your servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    Your servers are populated by 12 year olds never mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    August 2011
    6 Posts
    What server on gmod doesn't have its group of them? Anywho most of them dont use mics sooooooo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19

August 2011
    18 Posts
    Did you even play on any of them? I've played around on them today and only had 1 annoying kid on a mic. The rest were silent, but still playing.

20. Post #20
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    What server on gmod doesn't have its group of them? Anywho most of them dont use mics sooooooo.
    noxiousnet doesn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    August 2011
    6 Posts
    noxiousnet doesn't.
    touché
    -----------------
    another note

Some in-game footage of dodge ball, i know its bad but i just flipped on fraps an decided to record.
    -- may still be in process of upload, any and all lag was me not the server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    April 2010
    1,484 Posts
    I'm in the video, my name is Decimation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    MoronYard
    May 2010
    1,266 Posts
    Thanks for the videos SniperDuck, I'll be adding them to the original post.

I'd also like to thank all the people in this thread for the positive feedback. It means a lot to us and gives us more motivation to further develop the gamemodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2010
    1,484 Posts
    Anybody up for some smash?

25. Post #25
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Best Gamemode Ever
    July 2011
    1,613 Posts
    Thats a very long list of 12 year olds you have there.

27. Post #27
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,597 Posts
    We are currently 11 people playing, it'd be nice seeing some of you too!

28. Post #28
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    So Smash is remake of that CS:S mini-game map, and Slope is a remake of that Avalanche gamemode that was around here a while ago.

29. Post #29
    Pimpin' Member
    September 2008
    631 Posts
    So Smash is remake of that CS:S mini-game map, and Slope is a remake of that Avalanche gamemode that was around here a while ago.
    I got the idea of Slope from Avalanche by Sadistic Slayer and I liked Smash in the CS:S minigames so I made a gamemode for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    May 2011
    1,010 Posts
    Im in the smash server, join in!

31. Post #31
    August 2011
    6 Posts

We have new slope maps, check them out. The above video is footage from one of the hardest ones, skill.

32. Post #32

December 2012
    1 Posts
    Yeah we're actually looking for mappers for it. So if you're interested then please contact either me or nonsense.
    an i help make the maps? i have some good ideas

33. Post #33
    MoronYard
    May 2010
    1,266 Posts
    an i help make the maps? i have some good ideas
    Sure! We have some guides on how to make maps for Smash / Slope on our forums.

I meant to update this thread months ago, a lot has changed since this was posted. Oh well, it will probably on my list of New Year resolutions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    May 2008
    822 Posts
    Slope and Smash are pretty good.

With Smash, sometimes the deaths are so outrageous that they're hilarious. Likewise with Slope, only tenfold.

Slope has some annoying maps though, and Smash can bug out occasionally. Not to mention that physics in Smash mean that sometimes you end up jumping a short distance, instead of the normal distance, which can sometime ruin a jump quite easily. Not sure if it's intentional or just can't be helped.