1. Post #1

February 2012
    52 Posts
    [release]

Senior officials in Pakistani military intelligence knew of Osama bin Laden’s whereabouts and arrangements for his safe house. That’s the latest revelation to emerge from confidential Stratfor files disclosed by WikiLeaks.
    The leaked information from the rent-a-spy agency published on the WikiLeaks website on Monday shows that Osama bin Laden was in routine contact with several senior figures from Pakistan's military intelligence agency.
    “Mid to senior level ISI [[Inter-Services Intelligence]] and Pak Mil [[Pakistani military]] with one retired Pak Mil General that had knowledge of the OBL [[Osama bin Laden]] arrangements and safe house,” wrote Fred Burton, Stratfor's vice president of intelligence, in an email.
    The letter to Kamran Bokhari, Stratfor’s regional director for the Middle East and South Asia, was written on May 13, soon after the killing of the al-Qaeda chief by US commandos in a secret operation on May 2 last year in the Pakistani city of Abbottabad.
    The incident soured relations between the US and Pakistan, whose leaders alleged America had left them in the dark about plans for the raid.
    However US officials maintain that it was impossible for the ISI not to have known that Bin Laden was sheltering in Abbottabad – a town not far from Islamabad. Pakistan has repeatedly dismissed the claims.
    Fred Burton did not name the officials who knew of the late terrorist’s whereabouts, but added he “got a very clear sense we (US intelligence) know names and ranks.”
    In the leaked email, Burton also writes he is not sure if this information was passed on to the government of Pakistan, but confirms that the US did not fully trust Islamabad. “If I was in command, I would not pass the info to the GOP (Government of Pakistan), because we can't trust them. I would piecemeal the names off and bury in a list of other non-related names for internal ISI traces in a non-alerting fashion, to see what the Pakis tell us."
    “I may also trade one or two names for the captured tail rudder,” he then added.
    Whistleblower website WikiLeaks plans to expose more than 5 million emails apparently obtained by the hacking of Stratfor.
    Stratfor, the private intelligence company dubbed “the shadow CIA” provides analysis of world affairs to major corporations, military bodies and government agencies.
    The leak is widely seen as being as high-profile as that of the State Department cables.[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 15Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    beep
    January 2006
    7,773 Posts
    This is surprising how?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,230 Posts
    Oh, good, good okayyyy good. Glad we're giving them so much money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Oh shit, PANCAKES
    June 2011
    176 Posts
    Isn't surprising actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    What a shitty shop.

Here's the original;

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

6. Post #6

February 2012
    52 Posts
    What a shitty shop.

Here's the original;

needs more missiles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Sexist
    July 2006
    6,998 Posts
    The only reason we are "Friends" with Pakistan is because we thought they'd help us in this war.

Knowing that they are not, why would we ever continue supporting them?

I suppose we have to keep their government intact so that the most prolific producer of nuclear weapons does not suddenly become more unstable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,049 Posts
    Why didn't the US government instantly provide this as evidence to back up their claims that Pakistan knew.

Were they keeping it secret as a political weapon, loaded to be used later? If so, it's now prematurely discharged.

Edit: Also it's funny seeing that CIA has someone else doing some of their work for them, knowing they've at times been more interested in glamorous secret operations instead of actual intelligence work.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    "Yo, Osama Bin Brosky here! Wanna hang out at my pad? Maybe play some games and design more plots to blow up stuff in the US?"

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,026 Posts
    What a shitty shop.

Here's the original;

hahahah this picture is literally the most amazing picture ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    274 Posts
    Can't believe we still pay them and give them aid for them to lie to us, not a shocker.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,505 Posts
    Can't believe we still pay them and give them aid for them to lie to us, not a shocker.
    To be fair, Israel does things like that too.

Edited:

I'm not saying it's okay; it's just not completely unheard of.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,556 Posts
    hahahahaha what

I signed up for STRATFOR's emails a loooooong time ago

and they're actually the shadow CIA? :P