1. Post #41
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,961 Posts
    Implying other developers don't do this?

And no, Valve doesn't have it right. Valve is responsible for one of the most intrusive implementations of DRM to this date and yet for some stupid reason people are fine with that.
    Their DRM does a hell of a lot more than other DRM. What other DRM is a digital library of all of your games? Has a friends function? Has arguably the best digital game store to date?

Other DRM is plain intrusive and doesn't work. Ubisoft only lets you activate a game 6 times. GFWL has a fair amount of problems (so I hear, I haven't had any problems with GTA4's GFWL)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    866 Posts
    Movies have trailers.
    And games don't have trailers? Games don't have thousands of uploaded videos on Youtube? Reviews on professional websites?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #43
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,267 Posts
    Yes, most of the people that I know who pirate stuff don't give a shit about buying anything. They pirate the latest games, someones just pirate it and not even install/play it. They could at least share it so I can actually try it out.
    your friends probably only use the things they pirate for a few minutes, they would've never paid for it in the beginning; or as you said not even at all. no loss to the industry whatsoever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #44
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    Piracy is definitely hurting. Not as much a publishers say it is but it is.

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,452 Posts
    Definitely hurts. And also, for the people who say "EEZ NOT STEELING" then fine, nothing was removed. But let's say you're a tax accountant. Someone comes in and you do their taxes for them and send him the files with a bill alongside it. He never pays you.

But hey, *nothing was stolen*