1. Post #8201
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,951 Posts
    Why 680? For 20% less you get like 98% of the performance with a 670.
    This is exactly why I got a GTX 670.

Content:

I am a terrible leader.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Die in Weird Poses Edition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #8202
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    You should get Raven Shield 2.0. Makes Raven Shield even better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #8203
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,951 Posts
    That's actually downloading right now.

I reinstalled Gold Edition (Raven Shield and Athena Sword) and wanted to beat it vanilla and then do it again with the mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #8204
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,163 Posts
    because the moment when you enter Polis is fucking amazing

it's exactly how i imagined it when reading the book
    Shame you only spend 2 minutes there in a tiny room.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #8205
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    16,017 Posts
    Shame you only spend 2 minutes there in a tiny room.
    ya they could've done a lot better about that part

it's like they were scared to take the player away from the action/suspense for more than a few seconds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #8206
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,377 Posts
    Seen you post this 3 times now. Guess it's time to set the Wii back up.

Great soundtrack too.

Monolith did a lot of things right with Xenoblade. The battle system was alright even though I prefer turn-based, the soundtrack awesome, the world beautiful, the plot was magnificent and I absolutely LOVED how fucking much there was to do and collect. But christ, the main characters, especially fiora (fiona?). I was     extremely pleased when she died   . I almost stopped playing altogether when    she came back alive.    I didn't hate the rest of the good guys, just.. Didn't like them either. But fuck you fiora.

Had the same problem with Xenosaga. I hated hated hated hated the shit out of the protagonist and that whiny guy who had a crush on her. I wanted to punch them in their faces continuously. And I honestly believe they wouldn't be even close to that irritating if the games were on PS1, no voices and blurry char models and all that.

Then again, Albedo is the best antagonist I've seen in any game, ever.

Here's a boring screenshot of FF VIII because I feel I have to post content. A game that had characters a million times better than fiora and shion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #8207
    High Admiral of the United FP Alliance
    December 2009
    3,684 Posts
    So I took some time to replay Quake 4.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Winner Winner x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8208
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,237 Posts
    Quake 4 was pretty cool. Quake > Quake 2 > Quake 4 > Quake 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #8209
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,427 Posts
    Quake 4 was pretty cool. Quake > Quake 2 > Quake 4 > Quake 3.
    Find the door key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #8210
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,237 Posts
    Find the door key.
    Shoot rockets

11. Post #8211
    August 2009
    9,500 Posts
    Territory Wars was pretty fun IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #8212
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,000 Posts
    My two main TOR characters. Why does the light armour head gear have to look so silly?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

13. Post #8213
    November 2010
    3,380 Posts
    My two main TOR characters. Why does the light armour head gear have to look so silly?
    Why does the game have to look so silly?

Starwars: Dark Forces:

Well that didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #8214
    I was     extremely pleased when she died   . I almost stopped playing altogether when    she came back alive.   
    I haven't reached that part, but I knew it would happen... because it was somewhat spoiled in the trailers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #8215
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,548 Posts
    Here's some more from Dragon Warrior 7:

(That orange thing is supposed to be a leaf)

All in all, the cutscenes don't look bad for a PS1 game.

Shame the gameplay doesn't look so nice though:

Even this sailor's upset about how bad the actual game world looks.

Edited:

and the black borders are because I have ePSXe set to scale the video. Not sure why I have them around the top and bottom though, I should investigate video settings more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #8216
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,264 Posts
    So I was watching one of my uncharted 3 replays and suddenly my character turned into this creepy skeleton thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 25Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #8217
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,755 Posts
    it's quite obvious a nuclear bomb exploded, hence the bright as hell environment and your character being a skeleton
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #8218
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    891 Posts
    it's quite obvious a nuclear bomb exploded, hence the bright as hell environment and your character being a skeleton
    and the plants of course
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

19. Post #8219
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,963 Posts
    You were probably just turning in to Djinn, and your head had yet to catch on fire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #8220
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,711 Posts
    Guess what I'm playing?

Awwwww yeah I'm dying of nostalgia.
    Mouse-over this while looking at the image please:

Edited:

GOTY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #8221
    July 2012
    613 Posts
    Guess what I'm playing?

Awwwww yeah I'm dying of nostalgia.
    Mouse-over this while looking at the image please:

GOTY
    Haha, nice, I've been playing a bunch of N64 games recently aswell, currently playing around on Mario Kart 64.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #8222
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    persona 3

is that a fucking tank
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #8223
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,749 Posts
    I see Aigis

10/10 screenshot.

Uninteresting Smite screenshot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #8224
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,164 Posts
    Game is the Starfarer Alpha build .53 with Uomoz's Corvus modpack. Really really good alpha, I recommend checking it out if you like space shooters.

This quick little thing is an Antediluvian ship, it's weapons are based on pressure and it's a small, fast target, but has no shielding.

Pounding an enemy ship to dust with pressure autocannons.

It can easily strafe around ships that are much bigger and stompier and deliver a constant shredding.

The torpedoes are launched via pressure so they don't have engines, but they hit like a truck.

Dodging a MIRV launch to deliver the finishing blow with the backup of my small missile frigate.

I feel like I can take on anything with this little guy!

Oh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #8225
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,036 Posts
    ~Artsy~ Uncharted 3 screenshots

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #8226
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,146 Posts

Game is Vigilante 8 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 14 (list)

27. Post #8227
    January 2010
    5,905 Posts
    I've perfected the technique of traversing buses down mountains.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

28. Post #8228
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,915 Posts
    Got Sonic all-stars racing gifted to me.

Jesus Christ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

29. Post #8229
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,028 Posts
    Got Sonic all-stars racing

Jesus Christ
    The blocky pixels in that game bug the shit out of me, but I still think it's the greatest kart racer we've had since Crash Team Racing.

30. Post #8230
    Starfarer
    Goddamnit i love this fucking game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #8231
    January 2008
    253 Posts

32. Post #8232
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    Splinter Cell: Conviction

(Pardon the awful aliasing and resolution on the last three, I forgot to turn on AA and put it up to 1600x900)

Not as terrible as I thought it would be based on the reception, has some pretty neat moments I guess and it's fairly competently made, if terribly optimized and ported, I don't regret spending like 7 bucks on it during the summer sale I suppose.

But bollocks to that silly overly grimdark, ~edgy~ and simplified crap, Chaos Theory is where it's at.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 12Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #8233
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    So I finally started using transition effects, how did it turn out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #8234
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,755 Posts
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations

I found this guy stuck in a rooftop, he ate a bunch of my knives before he finally died

when he did finally die, his body spazzed out and stretched to a size roughly equivalent to that of the moon

he then shrunk down, and spazzed off to somewhere

RIP Spaceman
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

35. Post #8235
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Payday: The Heist

It was on sale, so I guess you get what you pay for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

36. Post #8236
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,548 Posts

EVERYONE in my party is Jesus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

37. Post #8237
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,107 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #8238
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,056 Posts

GET ON THE GROUND
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

39. Post #8239
    January 2008
    253 Posts
    Sitting at my portable campsite

40. Post #8240
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,164 Posts
    Little bastard won't stop Phase Cloaking just before I get a bead on him.

Gotcha!

There was another that kept teleporting around but I couldn't get a picture, I do however, now want to get a blinking ship very badly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)