Wha-what have you done?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #5962
    Want a Tablet?
    November 2009
    2,028 Posts
    Wha-what have you done?
    Made it better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #5963
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,756 Posts

My reaction:

I really wish I could have a title that would not get changed which said "stop giving me titles, Garry has enough money for gumballs!"

Ontopic, I finished the map I made for a SFM video, looks like it will do the job for the I HATE SPANISH conversion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #5964
    i love everyone
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,351 Posts
    That's awesome. I love the Mirror's Edge style on most of them. Where'd you get those textures and models?

Also, how'd you get the camera to move like that? I thought Catmull broke years ago.
    i filmed it in EP2.
    while crouching. and i turned down my mouse sensitivity to get smooth pans.

almost all of the ME-style textures and models are mine.
    shoot me a PM if you want em.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #5965
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,802 Posts
    Well, looks like I'm screwed. My computer won't turn on anymore. At all.
    And my only other resort, as I have said before, is the Mac desktop.

And unless I literally start a kick starter fund to buy a new house, buy a new desk, then buy a new computer, I am royally fucked.

Edited:

Fucking autocorrect. I hate iPhones.

Edited:

Oh my god, just realized I forgot to back up my maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

6. Post #5966
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts

And unless I literally start a kick starter fund to buy a new house, buy a new desk, then buy a new computer, I am royally fucked.

Edited:

Edited:

Time to get a job perhaps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #5967
    June 2010
    2,802 Posts
    Time to get a job perhaps?
    Mowing lawns and stocking shelves isn't the kind of urgency I need to buy a multi-core AMD desktop.

Anyone have a friend at Valve?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

8. Post #5968
    Want a Tablet?
    November 2009
    2,028 Posts
    Mowing lawns and stocking shelves isn't the kind of urgency I need to buy a multi-core AMD desktop.

Yeah man, my friend is called gabe.

9. Post #5969
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,959 Posts

I built my desktop really cheap and is fucking great. Build one yourself and you will knock so much off the price.

10. Post #5970
    April 2012
    355 Posts

Edited:

Edited:

Are you sure the HDD is not still in-tact?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #5971
    June 2010
    2,802 Posts
    Are you sure the HDD is not still in-tact?
    It's definitely a virus. Evidenced by my blocked email, cancelled credit card, and a bunch of angry letters about penis enlargement pills being sent to my house.
    I tried using an anti-virus, but it used all kinds of HKCU Shell Key bullshit and corrupted all of the AV programs I bought. Don't ask me how.

Also, yay. After 20 retries and an incident involving a fire extinguisher, it's barely running! I have a strange feeling that any second it's about to burst into fax sounds and static blocks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

12. Post #5972
    Want a Tablet?
    November 2009
    2,028 Posts
    It's definitely a virus. Evidenced by my blocked email, cancelled credit card, and a bunch of angry letters about penis enlargement pills being sent to my house.
    I tried using an anti-virus, but it used all kinds of HKCU Shell Key bullshit and corrupted all of the AV programs I bought. Don't ask me how.

Also, yay. After 20 retries and an incident involving a fire extinguisher, it's barely running! I have a strange feeling that any second it's about to burst into fax sounds and static blocks.
    Jesus Christ. That is some virus. I am sorry for you dude. Do you know how you got it?

13. Post #5973
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,959 Posts

I'd get what you need and get out of there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

14. Post #5974
    July 2010
    3,756 Posts
    It seems my hotmail account has been compromised, which is bad, since my steam account is now at risk.

Which is weird cause my other one was not compromised. I know my password so if I tell them to look in the database for last known password as the one I set, all should be smooth sailing hopefully.

15. Post #5975
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    4,101 Posts
    The Facepunch "shit i've been hacked" thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #5976
    Facepunch Resident Alcoholic!
    July 2007
    7,804 Posts
    The Facepunch "shit i've been hacked" thread

Kidding babes, love you <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #5977
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    4,101 Posts

Kidding babes, love you <3
    You know I bought that title myself to fit in right

now if only someone would change it to "massive faggot" in big red text that linked to an image of sorts, I would be happy.

18. Post #5978
    April 2012
    355 Posts

Insert HDD into an offline comp with multiple AV programs, scan and remove anything from the HDD, backup all important files onto a flash drive or other non-network media, remove HDD, scan portable media again, then move data to another comp (and maybe backup online)

19. Post #5979
    June 2010
    2,802 Posts
    And as I predicted, my computer burst into a bunch of loudass fax machine SSTV static noise. It won't start anymore, period.

I'd post a link to TAPS if I wasn't restricted to an iPhone.

I'd try extracting my important stuff from the HDD, but I don't have an offline computer to insert it into. Looks like all of the maps are permanently gone. Serves me right for neglecting to back up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #5980
    April 2012
    355 Posts
    And as I predicted, my computer burst into a bunch of loudass fax machine SSTV static noise. It won't start anymore, period.

I'd post a link to TAPS if I wasn't restricted to an iPhone.

I'd try extracting my important stuff from the HDD, but I don't have an offline computer to insert it into. Looks like all of the maps are permanently gone. Serves me right for neglecting to back up.
    Wait, your other comp is a Mac, as long as you use OSX on it to backup the files then scan (in Bootcamp? I don't know much about Macs), you should not have any issues anyway...

21. Post #5981
    On a non my computer is dying god help us related topic, anyone want to check my horror map out and tell me any glaring errors they see so far? I dunno I am nervous about my own mapping.

22. Post #5982
    June 2010
    2,802 Posts
    Wait, your other comp is a Mac, as long as you use OSX on it to backup the files then scan (in Bootcamp? I don't know much about Macs), you should not have any issues anyway...
    I don't know much about Macs either, but I'm pretty sure you can't insert a Windows 7 hard drive into a Mac desktop, even with bootcamp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

23. Post #5983
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    2,034 Posts
    On a non my computer is dying god help us related topic, anyone want to check my horror map out and tell me any glaring errors they see so far? I dunno I am nervous about my own mapping.
    I'll give it a shot. I love horror maps!

24. Post #5984
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    3,421 Posts
    Crap, Every item I wanted over the sale went 75% off. I already bought them thinking it wouldn't get any lower. anyone want to buy me a cheap steam game? http://store.steampowered.com/app/19900/

25. Post #5985
    July 2010
    3,756 Posts
    Damn, that sucks that your HDD Died, happened to me a couple months ago and shit sucked.

26. Post #5986
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,557 Posts
    Crap, Every item I wanted over the sale went 75% off. I already bought them thinking it wouldn't get any lower. anyone want to buy me a cheap steam game? http://store.steampowered.com/app/19900/
    Don't even bother with farcry 2, its pretty bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #5987
    I'll give it a shot. I love horror maps!
    Alright here you go good sah. It's not much right now but I think it is something.

Just a note, the doors were going to be metal double doors with the bars but I gave up with that, so thats why they suck.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3ccknl

28. Post #5988
    Want a Tablet?
    November 2009
    2,028 Posts
    He has a point, Stiffy. The exploring system is boring as anything. Every mission pratically sends you to the far reaches of the world, battling through checkpoints and random scouts. Only to have to then return all the way back to where you began. To then go to another far reach of the world. It's like the diagram I have drawn below:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #5989
    May 2011
    3,421 Posts
    I wouldn't say that.

He has a point, Stiffy. The exploring system is boring as anything. Every mission pratically sends you to the far reaches of the world, battling through checkpoints and random scouts. Only to have to then return all the way back to where you began. To then go to another far reach of the world. It's like the diagram I have drawn below:

Frankly I don't care too much about all that back and forth nonsense. Beats a lot of other games campaigns. There is a lot of vehicles and crap, plus you can make custom maps and all, which really soups it up. I have seen walkthroughs and all and it looks quite fun. It's all based on your preference. You don't really know till you try.

Damn, that sucks that your HDD Died, happened to me a couple months ago and shit sucked.
    I had my HD die. got set back from 500gb to 80gb because of it. Lost all my maps too.

30. Post #5990
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    4,101 Posts
    so you won't mind weapons breaking down every few minutes, enemies being bullet sponges, respawning enemy checkpoints just seconds after you left them, an annoying travel system, and the game being almost entirely fetch quests.

31. Post #5991
    May 2011
    3,421 Posts
    so you won't mind weapons breaking down every few minutes, enemies being bullet sponges, respawning enemy checkpoints just seconds after you left them, an annoying travel system, and the game being almost entirely fetch quests.
    Nope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #5992
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,845 Posts
    Even at like 12/13 I thought Farcry 2 was terribad and I had terrible taste in games.

33. Post #5993
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    2,034 Posts
    Sent you a reply about the map. WAAY too long to post in here, but overall you did well!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #5994
    July 2010
    3,756 Posts
    Fun fact:

Dammit steam, I don't want to lose you!

And because I don't want to be banned for going uber off topic, here is a picture of some level I have made. I have decided to call it FourSquare. Spawns start out with an assault rifle, shotgun, and revolvor. Scattered around the map are other more powerful weapons. Using stock and whatever model packs I have installed. Currently set for 5 people however thanks to lemur v2 mod being intergrated, I do have the option to set as a TDM.

The only major bug is people are able to join but not able to spawn in even though I have 5 spawn markers. And for an outdoor map in FPSC, everybody put up there own server to test and everybody ran it great!

35. Post #5995
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    Fun fact:
    Oh, you're still going. Speaking of you, I got bored and did some looking around.

Seems you won some sort of service award in 2007. Cool stuff.

36. Post #5996
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    4,101 Posts
    Oh, you're still going. Speaking of you, I got bored and did some looking around.

Seems you won some sort of service award in 2007. Cool stuff.
    The Facepunch "pyth will find out everything about you" thread

37. Post #5997
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    The Facepunch "pyth will find out everything about you" thread
    GameDev knows all about that

38. Post #5998
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    2,034 Posts
    Heh, turns out PewDiePie played my map in his last episode.

39. Post #5999
    July 2010
    3,756 Posts
    Pyth... how the fuck did you dig up that information, its dated from 2007!

How the fuck did you know I went to Blueridge????

Also that was a old post and I forgot to remove the picture about bumba so just ignore it...

40. Post #6000
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    He's like a bloodhound for personal information.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)