1. Post #6481
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Okay, I've been noticing early each week they'll change the class models in some way.

For example: The current build I was playing last night, has the TR HA looking like this.

Where as the first build had the TR HA looking more like this.

Clearly more badass and 'advanced' in appearance. So they've been quietly testing all different models for the classes throughout the last few weeks. So there will be some visual progression represented in our characters, although currently I'm not sure if it battle-rank, cert, or shop tied.

I haven't really paid much attention to the models of the other classes and factions, anyone else noticed any changes?

Edited:

I've just managed to compare the NC and VS engineers aswell.

The current build as a more basic version of the class models, much like the TR HA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #6482
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,453 Posts
    damn im never on when the tech game starts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

3. Post #6483
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,653 Posts
    Okay, I've been noticing early each week they'll change the class models in some way.

For example: The current build I was playing last night, has the TR HA looking like this.

Clearly more badass and 'advanced' in appearance. So they've been quietly testing all different models for the classes throughout the last few weeks. So there will be some visual progression represented in our characters, although currently I'm not sure if it battle-rank, cert, or shop tied.

I haven't really paid much attention to the models of the other classes and factions, anyone else noticed any changes?

Edited:

The current build as a more basic version of the class models, much like the TR HA.
    that's awesome, i hope its like ps1 where ranking up gives additions to your armour
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #6484
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    TR theme has changed for the worse (I think). It's no longer like the PS1 theme which was awesome :(

Edited:

ie it's no longer this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #6485
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    While the other audio ingame is great they really need to fire the music department. Planetside 1 had boss music, but the current is just rather behind the rest of the game in quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6486
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    Bahaha, this video is so true:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #6487
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,606 Posts
    While the other audio ingame is great they really need to fire the music department. Planetside 1 had boss music, but the current is just rather behind the rest of the game in quality.
    Well the guy who composed all the PS1 music is also composing all the PS2 music albeit with other help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #6488
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Well the guy who composed all the PS1 music is also composing all the PS2 music albeit with other help.
    Then they're either paying him too much or too little.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #6489
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    I don't know why they're redesigning everything. The only thing that needed redesigning really was the maps and combat (no ADADADADADADADADA win). They just had to freshen up everything else. Music was fine on first release on PS2 as it was pretty much a modern version of PS1 music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #6490
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,606 Posts
    Is the music your listening to in-game the synth version or the proper recorded tracks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #6491
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Is the music your listening to in-game the synth version or the proper recorded tracks?
    Good question, I've paid surprisingly little attention to it, mostly because it really isn't prominent ingame, plus it's always covered in all the pew pew ahdakakakakak BOOOOM bang adakaka woosh blam dust and camera shake errywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #6492
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,470 Posts
    Then they're either paying him too much or too little.
    Or maybe they're just forcing him to go a certain direction?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

13. Post #6493
    November 2010
    5,749 Posts
    Or maybe the music isn't even bad and you don't like it just because it's not identical to the old one note to note?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #6494
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Or maybe the music isn't even bad and you don't like it just because it's not identical to the old one note to note?
    No I don't like it because it's not brilliant like everything else.

Please tell me how much you like the NC music so we can all have a little laugh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #6495
    November 2010
    5,749 Posts
    do I look like an NC scrub to you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #6496
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,606 Posts
    NC shouldn't have gone down the guitar route, should've done something with lots of flutes and drums, something to make it seem like you're fighting for freedom and not some county rock concert.

This is how you do a war like theme with guitars -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #6497
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    do I look like an NC scrub to you
    But you're implying its good.

18. Post #6498
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,606 Posts
    Also the PS2 CGI trailer has got 1.6 million views in a week.

19. Post #6499
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    3,651 Posts

Edited:

My guess is the new "less advanced" models are the base models you will be able to add customisations to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #6500
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,470 Posts
    My guess is the new "less advanced" models are the base models you will be able to add customisations to.
    If they don't add glow sticks/neon lights to your suit as purchasable cosmetics I'll be disappointed. :(

And maybe a strap on glow stick for your weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #6501
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    3,651 Posts
    Same. How else will I be able to fulfill my dream role of being the decoy?

22. Post #6502
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,470 Posts
    Same. How else will I be able to fulfill my dream role of being the decoy?
    I just want to be a huge target, get on my small buggy and drive as fast as I can while being chased by several people. All during the night.

23. Post #6503
    August 2007
    928 Posts
    I just want to be a huge target, get on my small buggy and drive as fast as I can while being chased by several people. All during the night.
    play vanu, get buggy certs for dubsteppin strobe lights
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

24. Post #6504
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    If they don't add glow sticks/neon lights to your suit as purchasable cosmetics I'll be disappointed. :(

And maybe a strap on glow stick for your weapon.
    Currently all suits and weapons come with glow sticks and neon lights as standard.

I'm not even joking. It looks kinda cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #6505
    Ricochet is awesome!
    May 2006
    1,714 Posts
    I want to be able to customize the ATV or some other fast vehicle that's not in the game yet and make it as bright or brighter as the car I messed with in TM2;

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #6506
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,470 Posts
    Aww yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

27. Post #6507
    May 2009
    3,487 Posts
    Remember when we was at page 100 and people was disappointed we was not playing beta yet. 63 pages later. Maybe when we hit 200.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #6508
    October 2009
    533 Posts
    IS THERE AN NDA BECAUSE I HAVE REALLY EXCITING NEWS FOR ME
    /caps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #6509
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,470 Posts
    /caps
    No.    Yes.   
    POST, right now.

30. Post #6510
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    I've been violating the NDA like a drunk chick, so I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #6511
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,606 Posts
    If it wasn't for NDA breakers who would have known NC have terrible music.

32. Post #6512
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    442 Posts
    /caps
    if you have got in then that is ok to say :)

reddit are reporting more tech test invites are going out http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._test_invites/ but still no luck here :(

33. Post #6513
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    9,091 Posts
    So how often do they send out keys? I just signed up for the beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #6514
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,606 Posts
    So how often do they send out keys? I just signed up for the beta.
    See you in 2 months
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #6515
    I play the electric violin on desolation row
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    this thread is cool about the NDA. The Mech Warrior thread collectively shat their breeches so hard when I committed the treasonous act. They even got some poor guy in marketing to make a FP account and throw around underhanded threats of banning me even though they would never guess my username. I even had some official facepunch detectives trying to figure out my account (they never did), PMing me the equivalent of "AHA I FOUND YOU!".

Anyways, back to breaking the NDA: I'm completely in love with the scale of this game. Assaulting a tower can be just as epic as assaulting some bases in PS1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #6516
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,470 Posts
    reddit are reporting more tech test invites are going out http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._test_invites/ but still no luck here :(
    Oh, boy, oh boy!

New mail!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #6517
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,453 Posts
    god damn it i have been in the test for like a month now apparently and i still havent been able to play
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #6518
    October 2009
    533 Posts
    I got in, apparently they're sending out more invites, since I just got one. (downloading now)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

39. Post #6519
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,606 Posts
    I would probably be in as well if it had let me actually fill in that hardware survey.

40. Post #6520
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    squadding with a FPer I randomly auto'd into.