1. Post #9121
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,538 Posts
    Tempest is a very mean person and doesn't give out keys despite my awesome fanart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #9122
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,908 Posts
    scats were never even OP, they're good at close range which they should be because they're giant shotguns, but once you move beyond a 10 meters or so they become a lot less effective
    they shoot as fast as you click and can kill other maxes really quick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #9123
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    3,553 Posts
    scats were never even OP, they're good at close range which they should be because they're giant shotguns, but once you move beyond a 10 meters or so they become a lot less effective
    They were too effective in close quarters, which most control point battles are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #9124
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    herp no my class isnt op this is how good i am amirite

Get ready for your midlife crisis mate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

5. Post #9125
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,260 Posts
    they were very op

6. Post #9126
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    January 2007
    2,683 Posts
    If anyone is looking for a group to do some (NC mostly) teamplay with, add me on steam. We're a TS community that play various different games, at the moment mostly this and Wargame:EE. We're looking to set up a decent sized outfit for NC when they're implemented, theres only a couple of us (5 or so) in the beta right now, but many will be on the way when the vets and pcg keys get put in. We've been getting Gal's and going around annoying the vanu up in the desert at the moment, and with some extra bodies we could do some nice multi-squad stuff.

We're 100% european atm but people from around the world are welcome if you don't mind a high ping and a lot of banter. We originate from Project Reality mod and Arma2 so you can expect that level of teamwork watered down to suit PS2.

Again, add me for TS details.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #9127
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,023 Posts
    If anyone is looking for a group to do some (NC mostly) teamplay with, add me on steam. We're a TS community that play various different games, at the moment mostly this and Wargame:EE. We're looking to set up a decent sized outfit for NC when they're implemented, theres only a couple of us in the beta right now, but many will be on the way when the vets and pcg keys get put in.

We're 100% european atm but people from around the world are welcome if you don't mind a high ping and a lot of banter. We originate from Project Reality mod and Arma2 so you can expect that level of teamwork watered down to suit PS2.

Again, add me for TS details.
    Sounds good, I'm having a severe lack of coordinated teamwork on NC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

8. Post #9128
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,474 Posts
    I'm with Lordloss.

If you want some teamwork, us on steam and get on our teamspeak, and we'll start getting some coordination going.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #9129
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,276 Posts
    I would teamwork the fuck out of NC if I was in the beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #9130
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,466 Posts
    That was fun.

Found an outfit with the description about teamwork and using mics.
    Joined it and we pretty much did that.

So much fun.

I love Vanu.

Also, tanks, TANKS everywhere. At one point there were like 30 Vanu tanks at one location.

Edited:

Oh, and the voice chat has great quality.

I thought they were just spewing out crap when they said they wanted to create a good voice chat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

11. Post #9131
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,474 Posts
    Speak of, if anyone wants to do some coordianted teamwork on NC, we have 12 people in teamspeak running a couple of squads. Add "Staines" on steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #9132
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,466 Posts
    OOOH MMMMY GOOOOOOOOOD...

THIS GAME IS SO GOOD.

Jesus christ, Vanu organized an assault, shit load of air vehicles. (Although it didn't go super well)

Was flying my Liberator and had a guy shoot stuff while telling me (through voice chat) where enemy vehicles are and such.

AWESOME!

Although, I kept getting shot by AA and stuff, and then me and that other guy died. Now I feel bad. ;~;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #9133
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,968 Posts
    Why can't they be like Valve and let me into beta of awesomesauce game ?

Then again, the more polish the greater the shock of quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #9134
    Either this game hates Radeons or it's pretty badly optimized.

I have a Radeon HD 6950, an AMD Phenom II 965 at 3.4 GHZ and 8 GB of ram and I can barely get 30 FPS with everything on low during a fight. It goes down to like 10 during crucial moments (e.g. when I need to shoot someone at POINT BLANK).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #9135
    August 2011
    109 Posts
    Oh god.. Earlier, me and 2 friends took the impact site or whatever it is called twice. The first time the Vanu striked back and took it back within 5 minutes because we were dumb and didn't repair the spawn generator. However the second time, we unleashed the third world war while they sent everything they had, and we did the same. When I logged out (30-40min later), the Vanu still hadn't taken it back.

This game is AWESOME (without the FPS drops).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #9136
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,534 Posts
    TR just raped the NC at Peris over the course of an hour.

17. Post #9137

I have a Radeon HD 6950, an AMD Phenom II 965 at 3.4 GHZ and 8 GB of ram and I can barely get 30 FPS with everything on low during a fight. It goes down to like 10 during crucial moments (e.g. when I need to shoot someone at POINT BLANK).
    I have a 4850 and I get 30 FPS during all fights.

Try increasing your settings or lowering the viewdistance. (increasing your settings increases performance on some rigs)

18. Post #9138
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,023 Posts
    Setting renderdistance in the config to 1000 helped me a lot. It is -1 by default, AKA unlimited.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #9139
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,534 Posts
    You gain about 15 FPS when you turn off the UI

20. Post #9140
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,433 Posts
    only thing I don't like about this right now is how small the map feels even tho it's supposed to be huge, you only ever use very few of the tiles that are there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

21. Post #9141
    January 2010
    2,719 Posts
    Setting renderdistance in the config to 100 helped me a lot.It is -1 by default, AKA unlimited.
    100? That's just enough render distance for across the room.

22. Post #9142
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,023 Posts
    100? That's just enough render distance for across the room.
    Meant to write 1000, my bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

23. Post #9143
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,744 Posts
    Wow, i just participated in a HUGE tank rush heading towards Mao, it was awesome, probably about 12 Lightings, about 7 Prowlers and a couple of Sunderers.
    We were covered by 3 Gals and a squadron of Mossies.

I used my modified Flash (I have a Basilisk on it) and drove through the Convoy.
    Really really cool.
    We took Mao but then the convoy split up in different groups, i was pretty much useless by then since i was a medic in the middle of a Magrider attack...

Cool as hell though...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

24. Post #9144
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    310 Posts
    TR just raped the NC at Peris over the course of an hour.
    Too bad you just got steamrolled.

Was good playing with Staines and LordLoss! Will have to play again sometime

25. Post #9145
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    508 Posts
    Anyone play in groups atm in PS2? Right now, I've kind of joining random squads, but any kind of co-op play is non-existent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #9146
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,908 Posts
    Wow, i just participated in a HUGE tank rush heading towards Mao, it was awesome, probably about 12 Lightings, about 7 Prowlers and a couple of Sunderers.
    We were covered by 3 Gals and a squadron of Mossies.

I used my modified Flash (I have a Basilisk on it) and drove through the Convoy.
    Really really cool.
    We took Mao but then the convoy split up in different groups, i was pretty much useless by then since i was a medic in the middle of a Magrider attack...

Cool as hell though...
    i was there as well and i was in that huge LIB air raid over perish around 2-3 hours ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

27. Post #9147
    Ricochet is awesome!
    May 2006
    1,705 Posts

580 GTX, i7-2600k 3.4 GHz and 8 gb ram as well, same issues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

28. Post #9148
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,534 Posts
    Too bad you just got steamrolled.

Was good playing with Staines and LordLoss! Will have to play again sometime
    All the TR players at Peris left to fight the Vanu on the otherside of the map once we captured it for the second time.

29. Post #9149
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,744 Posts
    i was there as well and i was in that huge LIB air raid over perish around 2-3 hours ago
    Really? On EU?
    What's your name, and please tell me you're not a NC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

30. Post #9150
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,968 Posts
    You guys think they will manage to optimise it well ? I don't have much to brag about in terms of PC, but it would be nice to see far and a lot without having to enjoy the slideshow as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

31. Post #9151
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

32. Post #9152
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    759 Posts
    Anyone play in groups atm in PS2? Right now, I've kind of joining random squads, but any kind of co-op play is non-existent.
    Wondering the same thing here because holy shit some of the random squads make me want to jump off of a cliff.

33. Post #9153
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #9154
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,260 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #9155
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,543 Posts
    NDA! NDA! NDA! reported!!!!1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #9156
    November 2007
    7,260 Posts
    no dicks allowed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #9157
    June 2011
    895 Posts
    Dude the quality is so bad. Why not just record in hd and upload to youtube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

38. Post #9158
    November 2007
    7,260 Posts
    quality looks fine to me, unless you're viewing it in fullscreen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #9159
    That wouldn't be the greatest idea, with everyone going around and white-knighting for Sony like they expect VIP treatment. Footage would get leaked to somewhere else and taken down within 10 minutes.

40. Post #9160
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,719 Posts
    Hopefully they fix lag before they open the closed-beta floodgates.

Game feels better since the recent small update balance wise at least, but the lag really kills it. Took 4 full seconds for someone I shot at to die from the wound, and while that was going on he teleported around like mad.