1. Post #1
    I bought something online that's only aesthetic
    May 2006
    503 Posts

http://www.readingfestival.com/home/ http://www.leedsfestival.com/home/

The Reading and Leeds Festivals are a pair of music festivals that take place in Reading and Leeds in the UK annually on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the bank holiday in August.

Stages
    Main stage – major rock, indie and alternative acts
    NME/Radio 1 stage – less well-known acts, building up to an alternative headline act
    Festival Republic stage (formerly known as the Carling stage) – acts with less popular appeal and breakthrough acts
    Radio 1 Lock Up Stage – underground punk and hardcore acts
    Dance tent – dance music acts, on the day that the above stage does not run
    Alternative tent – comedy and cabaret acts plus DJs
    BBC Introducing Stage – Typically unsigned/not well known acts

I know a few Facepunchers attend these.

2. Post #2
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    5,095 Posts
    I want tickets for Leeds, but don't have enough money to buy them tonight but get paid friday.

How much do you reckon I'll end up paying over? Also how much are they anyway this year?

Edited:

I'm also at work after 6pm which is shit

3. Post #3
    May 2006
    503 Posts
    I always get the pre-sale tickets which end up costing around 200ish. Prices have been increasing though so expect maybe 220-240.

4. Post #4
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    5,095 Posts
    Yeah I was looking at V Tickets on ebay to get an idea of how much I might be looking at, and they're about 220-240.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,476 Posts
    I've been the last 3 years and, I'm not going to lie, the crowd that go is getting progressively worse. Last year felt like half 14 year olds getting drunk for the first time half chavvy dickheads who would just stand and talk near the front during headliners.

However, lots of my mates might go, and the rumoured line up looks pretty good. So I don't know. We'll see.

6. Post #6
    February 2010
    1,255 Posts
    Ill be going its my excuse for a holiday as Im not able to book a "proper" leave UK one due to me doing a masters next year.
    Should be a laugh been last two years in a row, didnt notice the crowd as im usually drunk all weekend / at the music all day.
    Last year I was bricking it as I heard for a reliable source that deftones were playing and because id missed their UK tour I really wanted to see them live. Luckily the tickets were easy to get, fingers crossed they are this year :D

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,476 Posts
    Ill be going its my excuse for a holiday as Im not able to book a "proper" leave UK one due to me doing a masters next year.
    Should be a laugh been last two years in a row, didnt notice the crowd as im usually drunk all weekend / at the music all day.
    Last year I was bricking it as I heard for a reliable source that deftones were playing and because id missed their UK tour I really wanted to see them live. Luckily the tickets were easy to get, fingers crossed they are this year :D
    Deftones last year were great. Especially when they covered Katy Perry

Edited:

Only day I like at the moment is sunday. Apart from at the drive in. I want to see them alot.

8. Post #8
    May 2006
    503 Posts
    Put the lineup up, pretty average again imo but there's a few bands there I want to see.

9. Post #9
    February 2010
    1,255 Posts
    Put the lineup up, pretty average again imo but there's a few bands there I want to see.
    Seriously average headliners I think dont even cover it. Im going as its the only holiday ill get but bit gutted I can count on 2 hands the amount of bands Im certain to see.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,476 Posts
    I seriously don't get Kasabian. I really think they're dull. But it makes sense, I remember when Oasis broke up everyone was like "Kasabian will fill the Oasis shaped hole". I agree, they have. "Lad" rock that I'm really not big on but everyone else is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,350 Posts
    I'm going to Bloodstock instead, that way I can go to a 3-day festival and save 100 on a ticket which I can spend on beer and camping gear for bloodstock

That said, I wouldn't have minded seeing The Cure

12. Post #12
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    5,095 Posts
    Doesn't look like I'm having to worry about buying a ticket because my bird's a top girl and bought one for me. She surprised me as well, I text her at work asking if she'd managed to get her ticket and she text me back to say she got two.

I seriously don't get Kasabian. I really think they're dull. But it makes sense, I remember when Oasis broke up everyone was like "Kasabian will fill the Oasis shaped hole". I agree, they have. "Lad" rock that I'm really not big on but everyone else is.
    I'm not a massive fan of Oasis, I think they were alright and I think the stuff both brothers have gone on to make with their respective bands is basically the same.

On the other hand I really like Kasabian, they're first album I think is brilliant and the follow up ones have all been good as well.

13. Post #13
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    Oasis has nothing on kasabian
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    5,095 Posts
    I agree

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    237 Posts
    I love Reading but the price has got ridiculous in the last few years. I live the other side of London and realistically spend 200 for ticket, 40 or so for travel, and seeing how burgers are 5 and beer in the arena is 4ish, along with merch/other expenses etc it's easy to get up to 500 or so just for the weekend.

When I first went in 2004 (God I feel old) I paid 85 for a ticket and inside the arena was tonnes cheaper (probably helped that I was underage and couldn't drink)

Still ridiculous prices though..

16. Post #16
    February 2010
    1,255 Posts
    Regarding kasabian seen them live twice now (caught them 1st album tour and the most recent one) They have certainly improved since the 1st tour more, I guess bolder and confident. Looking forward to seeing them at a festival.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,591 Posts
    I'm being dragged along to Leeds for the saturday because my girlfriend wants to see The Cure and Crystal Castles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,476 Posts
    Crystal castles have always been great in the dark of the NME tent, it'll be interesting how they go down on the main stage during the day

19. Post #19
    looking rad, feeling sad
    April 2011
    4,372 Posts
    Overheard some girl on the bus today say she hopes a member of The Cure dies so they have to pull out and get replaced with a better headliner.

I don't even.

Edited:

Also, Metronomy and Azealia Banks are on the Dance Stage but Justice and SBTRKT are on the NME stage? Makes total sense.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    863 Posts
    Probably going this year, looks like a great lineup

21. Post #21
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,137 Posts

cant wait

22. Post #22
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    5,095 Posts
    Oh man I can't wait. 3 of a kind are my favourite

23. Post #23
    looking rad, feeling sad
    April 2011
    4,372 Posts
    haha i remember big brovaz

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,350 Posts
    Overheard some girl on the bus today say she hopes a member of The Cure dies so they have to pull out and get replaced with a better headliner.
    Well, Robert Smith has been dead since 2001 and he's still performing:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    5,095 Posts
    I've seen him in my town centre before, and I met someone who used to be a bassist in a pub. And my mate served him at sainsburys

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,350 Posts
    Does he wear his makeup when out and about? Because as much as he now looks like a potato in drag, I can't imagine him without it.

27. Post #27
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    5,095 Posts
    yeah, makeup and scraggly hair

Edited:

maybe less lipstick

28. Post #28
    May 2006
    503 Posts
    Early Bird tomorrow, still haven't packed half my stuff.

29. Post #29
    CowInParachute is a virgin
    August 2005
    1,460 Posts
    did everyone who went have a good time?

was dressed up as a brownie, there were 15-20 of us at reading

Best weekend ever

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,620 Posts
    That foo's set looks amazing.

31. Post #31
    May 2006
    503 Posts
    That foo's set looks amazing.
    They were pretty damn awesome live, being crushed against the front barrier is not good for ones health. Shame about the Tenacious D rumor not being true, but at least Green Day were there which was a pretty cool surprise.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,620 Posts
    Yeah i ended up going download this year 3 headliners always beats one (foos) when you're a student.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,185 Posts
    I went this year, was dressed as a giraffe got drunk as fuck on that sunday and came back round just in time for the black keys and the foo's. Awesome weekend you go as a brownie alot? I seem to spot a few packs of you guys.

34. Post #34
    CowInParachute is a virgin
    August 2005
    1,460 Posts
    I went this year, was dressed as a giraffe got drunk as fuck on that sunday and came back round just in time for the black keys and the foo's. Awesome weekend you go as a brownie alot? I seem to spot a few packs of you guys.
    there's a large group us us been going for the last 6 years, getting bigger each year.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    237 Posts
    Leeds was pretty awesome but I was close to murdering the vendors, campsite DJs and Picadilly Party for overplaying the same shitty EDM songs every single day.

36. Post #36
    May 2006
    503 Posts

Find this sent to me in email, do not remember ever giving out email to anyone. Glad we look sexy though.

Also did anyone see us building a tower out of Skol cans in Red Camp, we got like 500 free cans in the end, shit was awesome.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,350 Posts
    Someone I know who went spent the whole weekend collecting plastic cups, and when she turned them in they gave her 50
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,185 Posts
    Someone I know who went spent the whole weekend collecting plastic cups, and when she turned them in they gave her 50
    Those idiots annoy me, when they pick up mine I tell them ive used it to piss in.

39. Post #39
    : |
    February 2009
    3,611 Posts
    I was going to go to Leeds this year, my parents bought me a ticket for my birthday, but then my best friend bailed and I realised I hated the lineup so I sold my ticket. Last year I went, I even got laid!

Edited:

Was Skol watered-down piss as I've heard?

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,185 Posts
    I was going to go to Leeds this year, my parents bought me a ticket for my birthday, but then my best friend bailed and I realised I hated the lineup so I sold my ticket. Last year I went, I even got laid!

Edited:

Was Skol watered-down piss as I've heard?

Polish 2.4%

yea.