1. Post #1
    May 2011
    580 Posts
    Should I buy the iPhone 4S now or wait for the iPhone 5?
    What's going to be better in iPhone 5?

2. Post #2
    July 2010
    666 Posts
    Knowing Apple, fuck all. my suggestion: Wait for the iPhone 5, if it's nothing special then get the reduced-price 4s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    No one knows what's going to be better, we can only make assumptions. Apparently a heck of a lot of people want a bigger screen, although Apple want to stick to the same size, so I'm not sure if they'll succumb to the publics wants. LTE most likely like the new iPad. Definitely better specs in general. If you've got an iPhone 4 wait for the 5

4. Post #4
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts
    i really, really want a 3.8 / 4 inch iphone 5.

and A5X processor, 1gb ram, bigger battery, more powerful front facing camera.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    meow
    Dennab
    March 2012
    3,386 Posts
    I think you should wait for the iPhone 5.

6. Post #6
    I love Boobies
    December 2011
    326 Posts
    im waiting for the iphone 5 to come out until i upgrade from a 3gs.... im guessing it will come out mid october

7. Post #7
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,478 Posts
    I am getting the IPhone 4s soon.
    When IPhone 5 comes it will be the same as 4s, people will shift and then some people will wait to IPhone 6/5s.

Can't wait anymore!

Edited:

WTF, guy above me has almost the same name as me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    7,387 Posts
    I am getting the IPhone 4s soon.
    When IPhone 5 comes it will be the same as 4s, people will shift and then some people will wait to IPhone 6/5s.

Can't wait anymore!

Edited:

WTF, guy above me has almost the same name as me.
    How would you know

9. Post #9
    retarded faggot
    January 2008
    1,409 Posts
    I have a 4 and the 4S is almost exactly the same. I'll have an upgrade when 5 comes out so I'm hoping it's impressive.

10. Post #10
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,478 Posts
    How would you know
    Read the whole sentence. People will shift just because it's new.

Edited:

Besides i will still get the Iphone 4s.
    But i swear to god when the Iphone 5 comes out and haves Siri on Danish i will rage all over the floor.

11. Post #11
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts
    Read the whole sentence. People will shift just because it's new.

Edited:

Besides i will still get the Iphone 4s.
    But i swear to god when the Iphone 5 comes out and haves Siri on Danish i will rage all over the floor.
    siri on Danish won't be exclusively for iphone 5. just like Japanese support for siri is introduced in a firmware update. A.K.A if there is Danish support for siri coming in the future, it will come bundled in a firmware update. it will be outrageous for language support for siri to be exclusive on a new device.

12. Post #12
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,478 Posts
    siri on Danish won't be exclusively for iphone 5. just like Japanese support for siri is introduced in a firmware update. A.K.A if there is Danish support for siri coming in the future, it will come bundled in a firmware update. it will be outrageous for language support for siri to be exclusive on a new device.
    I don't say it's gonna be exclusive.
    All i am saying that at some point they are probably going to add it to it.

And if that things comes in Iphone 5, i will seriously be pissed.
    If not, i really don't care. Hell it hasn't even been announced yet!

13. Post #13
    I'm basically scarface, so line your bitches up so they can get a taste of my shlong.
    March 2007
    515 Posts
    I really like my iPhone 4s compared to some phones now the screen is a bit small but it's pretty quick, Siri is ok has a few problems picking up what I say but overall it's pretty good

14. Post #14
    October 2007
    1,489 Posts
    I really like my iPhone 4s compared to some phones now the screen is a bit small but it's pretty quick, Siri is ok has a few problems picking up what I say but overall it's pretty good
    Siri is cool but soon as you're in public it becomes pretty useless.

My friend has it and never uses it. I stuck with my iPhone 4. Would of liked the improved camera though.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    I don't see why it becomes useless in public. If you speak close to it won't it still hear you over everything else? Unless you're talking about sexting ;)

16. Post #16
    I'm basically scarface, so line your bitches up so they can get a taste of my shlong.
    March 2007
    515 Posts
    I don't see why it becomes useless in public. If you speak close to it won't it still hear you over everything else? Unless you're talking about sexting ;)
    Only time I use Siri in public is if I have the headphones in with the mic

17. Post #17
    Gold Member

May 2011
    13 Posts
    I might upgrade my Iphone 3G to 5 as the 3G is now discontinued and half the apps I download need the newer OS to run. I hope it will support 4G as 3G is pretty bad sometimes.

18. Post #18
    Sexist
    July 2006
    6,960 Posts
    Let's use this thread to try to guess what the new one will be like. Perhaps it will have an A6 processor, 1024 by 768, 4 inch, screen, and will look like a small iPad 2 or something.

19. Post #19
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,478 Posts
    Bigger screen yes.
    Also, i think they will go for a new design.

20. Post #20
    December 2009
    7,387 Posts
    Let's use this thread to try to guess what the new one will be like. Perhaps it will have an A6 processor, 1024 by 768, 4 inch, screen, and will look like a small iPad 2 or something.
    That's pretty shit to be honest comparing to what is available to some of the Android phones. Apple must bump up their resolution to 1280x720 or higher if they want to compete, along with a screen size bigger or equal to 4.3". Also are you implying that the iPad doesn't already look like a oversized iPhone/iPod Touch?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    June 2010
    381 Posts
    I think the iPhone screen size is fine as it is. Anything above 4 inches is above my preference for a handheld device.

22. Post #22
    December 2009
    7,387 Posts
    To me the sweet spot is under 5" but greater or equal to 4.3". 4" is fine, but it feels minuscule.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Sexist
    July 2006
    6,960 Posts
    That's pretty shit to be honest comparing to what is available to some of the Android phones. Apple must bump up their resolution to 1280x720 or higher if they want to compete, along with a screen size bigger or equal to 4.3". Also are you implying that the iPad doesn't already look like a oversized iPhone/iPod Touch?
    They also need to keep the 4:3 aspect ratio while making it easy to convert apps to different resolutions. It is too early to double up to 1920 by 1280 without an insane screen or processor.

And the iPad does not have the same style as the iPhone or iPod touch. The iPod touch has ugly reflective metal, the iPhone has the retro camera and glass style, while the iPad has matte aluminum.

24. Post #24
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts
    would really like a 3.8 or 4 inch screen.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,525 Posts

They also need to keep the 4:3 aspect ratio while making it easy to convert apps to different resolutions. It is too early to double up to 1920 by 1280 without an insane screen or processor.

And the iPad does not have the same style as the iPhone or iPod touch. The iPod touch has ugly reflective metal, the iPhone has the retro camera and glass style, while the iPad has matte aluminum.
    Making the iPhone 1024x768 wouldn't work, because it is NOT 4:3. It's 3:2. The iPad is 4:3. Here's what a 4:3 phone running at 1024x768 looks like.

It looks...weird. It's too wide and making a new iPhone like that would be a big change that I don't think would be welcomed too well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Sexist
    July 2006
    6,960 Posts
    Yeah, I meant 3:2. For some reason I assumed that the iPad and iPhone have the same aspect ratio? This is why I should not post at 4am.

27. Post #27
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    The iPhone 5 will give Siri the ability to lip-read, nothing else.
    It's going to be truly revolutionary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    I think you missed the Google subforum

29. Post #29
    As seen on TV
    May 2011
    1,989 Posts
    GET AN ANDROID!

(User was banned for this post ("What are you doing? - Why reply" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,847 Posts
    GET AN ANDROID!
    please let's not even go down this road
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    retarded faggot
    January 2008
    1,409 Posts
    GET AN ANDROID!
    Wrong section
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,752 Posts
    Wrong section
    Not wrong section - wrong approach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    March 2008
    92 Posts
    A quad-core graphics chip for the new iPhone 5 is worth the wait.

If your a fan of the Infinity Blade games with over the top graphics for a phone.

34. Post #34
    Sexist
    July 2006
    6,960 Posts
    also 4G

35. Post #35
    December 2011
    767 Posts
    Anything over 960x640 resolution is pretty useless on the same size display as the Iphone4/4s. I can't even see the pixels by looking closely at my 4s. Just seems like a waste of processing power to add a higher resolution.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,525 Posts
    Anything over 960x640 resolution is pretty useless on the same size display as the Iphone4/4s. I can't even see the pixels by looking closely at my 4s. Just seems like a waste of processing power to add a higher resolution.
    Indeed. If Apple keeps the same screen size, which they should by the way, the only improvements would be moving to LG's AH-IPS panels for improved color reproduction and contrast ratio.

37. Post #37
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts
    Indeed. If Apple keeps the same screen size, which they should by the way, the only improvements would be moving to LG's AH-IPS panels for improved color reproduction and contrast ratio.
    i can assure you if the iphone 5 / new iphone is still 3.5 inches, apple's gonna lose some of its users. many users i know are holding off their upgrade hopeing for a larger screen in the next iphone. many of my mates were disappointed at the 4S's 3.5inch screen as it was slightly too small for our liking. perhaps a 3.8 inch would hit a sweet spot and be a welcome upgrade for many users out there.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,525 Posts
    i can assure you if the iphone 5 / new iphone is still 3.5 inches, apple's gonna lose some of its users. many users i know are holding off their upgrade hopeing for a larger screen in the next iphone. many of my mates were disappointed at the 4S's 3.5inch screen as it was slightly too small for our liking. perhaps a 3.8 inch would hit a sweet spot and be a welcome upgrade for many users out there.
    I really doubt the amount of people so discontent with their current 3.5" screen is large enough to make any significant difference. Apple sold record numbers with their iPhone 4S which was nothing but an SoC upgrade and a voice assistant beta. Besides, the size of the screen is irrelevant to how much it can display. The resolution determines that. The only thing increasing it to 3.8" will do is make it marginally easier to use for people with large hands. In doing so, Apple would likely have to increase the dimensions of the device that have been essentially the same for five devices.

39. Post #39
    June 2010
    381 Posts
    I used to own a Galaxy S, and I prefer the 4S's screen to the Galaxy S's. I can easily use the phone with one hand and the higher resolution makes more of a difference than screen size. I wouldn't mind a slightly larger screen, but it isn't a dealmaker/breaker for me.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,752 Posts
    While I see the point of the article (like it's any more relevant because it's written on some blog), 3.5" is simply *too* small for me, and I can't imagine using anything smaller than the 3.7" screen on my Radar. Not everyone has the same size of hands, and it's been shown through and through that people want to use larger phones than this size. I'm not saying that Apple should give up on 3.5", but they are simply too stubborn - not releasing a larger version is just shitting on your own posibilities.