1. Post #481
    May 2011
    999 Posts
    There really shouldn't be any problems with my plugin making people invis. It should automatically remove the invis once the GM resets the game. I've been completely unable to replicate this on my own too.
    In case you find an 'invis' player, could you make them type /vanish check? I'm not sure if they have the permission, but I can't really think of anything that would result in that behaviour...
    There is actually ONE thing it could be and that is if people are teleported too far away from where they were. Back when we were manually placing players, we would have to assume they were teleported into the right place because we simply couldn't see them. The GM would have to reconnect to see the player. In case you can figure out someone is invis BEFORE they kill you. Would you mind trying to reconnect and see if they become visible then?
    Well other people see he is invisible too, and paradox was giving people enchantment stations. AND FULL DIAMOND GEAR AND ARMOR. You guys need to come in and fix whats going on

2. Post #482
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,796 Posts
    Hey guys, I have a suggestion on how to make things more fair and more about survival rather than "memorize diamonds location=win". Basically remove all diamonds from the map.

The only way to get diamonds is to earn them at "feasts". For those of you unfamiliar with the Hunger Games, a feast usually happens halfway through the games when there are few tributes left. The Game Masters set up chests full of supplies somewhere on the map (usually at the cornucopia) and alert all contestants to their location. Then all contestants have a choice of rushing there to fight for supplies or playing it safe in their shelter. Although I would suggest that the GMs only leave 2 diamonds at this feast to avoid having one player making full diamond armor and diamond sword and leaving every player with a fair shot at winning.

Either that or you can just leave them in random treasure chests throughout the map every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #483
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Well other people see he is invisible too, and paradox was giving people enchantment stations. AND FULL DIAMOND GEAR AND ARMOR. You guys need to come in and fix whats going on
    Whoop-de-do. There were four players left and I wanted the game to be over quicker. Not to worry though, I never should have been GM in the first place and I've requested Capsup remove my OP and GM. So don't worry your pretty little head over me anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #484
    May 2011
    999 Posts
    Whoop-de-do. There were four players left and I wanted the game to be over quicker. Not to worry though, I never should have been GM in the first place and I've requested Capsup remove my OP and GM. So don't worry your pretty little head over me anymore.
    Im sorry, i just think its a bit lazy to just give everyone diamond gear and an enchantment station

5. Post #485
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    Im sorry, i just think its a bit lazy to just give everyone diamond gear and an enchantment station
    Trust me dealing with you screaming at me on dead chat over it for "abuse" was more then enough for me. I had a great time as a GM, I suppose, but it's not a position that should have been given to me in the first place.

Thank you for your input, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #486
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,796 Posts
    My map, now puzzle free:
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/Facepunch_Hunger_Games.zip
    Hopefully we can use this one.

7. Post #487
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Hey guys, I have a suggestion on how to make things more fair and more about survival rather than "memorize diamonds location=win". Basically remove all diamonds from the map.

The only way to get diamonds is to earn them at "feasts". For those of you unfamiliar with the Hunger Games, a feast usually happens halfway through the games when there are few tributes left. The Game Masters set up chests full of supplies somewhere on the map (usually at the cornucopia) and alert all contestants to their location. Then all contestants have a choice of rushing there to fight for supplies or playing it safe in their shelter. Although I would suggest that the GMs only leave 2 diamonds at this feast to avoid having one player making full diamond armor and diamond sword and leaving every player with a fair shot at winning.

Either that or you can just leave them in random treasure chests throughout the map every time.
    Well, that's stupid. It just means people will end up memorizing where iron pockets are instead of diamond pockets. What's the point?

And also: when there's a cornucopia, usually somebody hoards all the rewards (normal) and then some people start complaining about how it's unfair they got the stuff in the cornucopia and they didn't. So imagine if the cornucopia was basically chests of diamonds? People would get pissed because others got there first and they didn't get the chance to get diamond stuff, looping back into the original "problem".

Plus, what's the difference between pockets of diamonds or "treasure chests" with diamonds in them? Then people will just memorize the location of those.

There's really no way to make this fair without taking all the fun out of it. Or at least not that I see.

Edited:

I'm sorry for the rant, but I just see all these rules taking away all the fun and excitement out of the game trying to make it "fair".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

8. Post #488
    June 2010
    455 Posts
    Server is broken, some people can't move. Don't ask me...

I ruined a game by trying to fix it, sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #489
    October 2009
    293 Posts
    Goddammit, there hasn't been one game in the past several I've played where things haven't been broken beyond all repair. People that can't move, sneak broken, invisible players, visible spectators...

I guess it was fun while it lasted. Now it's all gone to shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #490
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,796 Posts
    Well, that's stupid. It just means people will end up memorizing where iron pockets are instead of diamond pockets. What's the point?

And also: when there's a cornucopia, usually somebody hoards all the rewards (normal) and then some people start complaining about how it's unfair they got the stuff in the cornucopia and they didn't. So imagine if the cornucopia was basically chests of diamonds? People would get pissed because others got there first and they didn't get the chance to get diamond stuff, looping back into the original "problem".

Plus, what's the difference between pockets of diamonds or "treasure chests" with diamonds in them? Then people will just memorize the location of those.

There's really no way to make this fair without taking all the fun out of it. Or at least not that I see.

Edited:

I'm sorry for the rant, but I just see all these rules taking away all the fun and excitement out of the game trying to make it "fair".
    I'm saying they would be randomly placed each game, and Iron is much easier to come by, I've never had an issue with finding iron in any of these games. Besides at least a feast would require some sort've skill or at least effort and would be a contest. Memorizing diamond locations just isn't even fun or fair.

11. Post #491
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    I'm saying they would be randomly placed each game, and Iron is much easier to come by, I've never had an issue with finding iron in any of these games. Besides at least a feast would require some sort've skill or at least effort and would be a contest. Memorizing diamond locations just isn't even fun or fair.
    I don't even spend my time memorizing it, I just think "ok now I'm ready for diamonds. ah, I remember that one cave had diamonds in it!". Also, if you're really concerned then maybe they should just use a plugin to redistribute the ores around differently each round.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #492
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,796 Posts
    I don't even spend my time memorizing it, I just think "ok now I'm ready for diamonds. ah, I remember that one cave had diamonds in it!". Also, if you're really concerned then maybe they should just use a plugin to redistribute the ores around differently each round.
    See, that would be something I would be in favor of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #493
    April 2007
    818 Posts
    Goddammit, there hasn't been one game in the past several I've played where things haven't been broken beyond all repair. People that can't move, sneak broken, invisible players, visible spectators...

I guess it was fun while it lasted. Now it's all gone to shit.
    Problem is there that were none of these problems back when I ran the games, lol. But if people can actually bear out with me that I have a real life, I'll look into it all in the weekend...
    I'll add that map john made aswell and will add something so GMs can create a new world from whatever seedingworld they wish. I'll make it so they can setup the world first before TP'ing all the players there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #494
    That's a way better solution. The only thing coming into mind is if there's a cave and such in the terrain.. These things aren't in the nether which is probably why he wants to do it only for the nether. :)
    Well, just replace the blocks and don't fill where there is air?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #495
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    We got a game starting soon guys, we're just waiting for people now.

16. Post #496
    I just won a game! I felt so awesome because it was a medium sized one I think. I kept running around and barely got by then finally saw a workbench down below. I jumped from the cliff I was on to the water and snuck up. I heard some silverfish and think "Game Master" Head towards the sounds and see a guy with diamond boots and sword fighting off silverfish and spiders. So I swoop in there, stab him in the back, then run away. the GM spams me some, I go back pick up what I need while still getting attacked, then run away.

Then I start to make a fort in a meadow, GM places creepers all around it and blows it up so I'm running around not knowing what to do. Finally he starts building some weird thing in the sky. I fight the last guy in a duel and I win.
    WOOO!

Then once I won, he still couldn't kill me off :) Had to use 3 spawn instances of like 20 creepers to finally get me. haha.

Great game! I had no idea this would be so much fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,314 Posts
    Just won a round, there were a fair few people playing, it's nice when someone who isn't Toqq wins.

Grabbed gear from a village in the jungle, dug straight down and got loads or iron in a cave. GM started playing mind games by knocking out lights, placing a juke box with eerie music on somewhere I couldn't see and attempting to suffocate me with stone, they eventually revealed some diamond for me and I made a sword.

I rose to the surface and killed someone on a beach while they complained about creepers in chat.

The rest was luck really and some quick thinking to make a bow before the final ice platform showdown.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    I really wish I recorded my round. It would be really interesting if a server could set up a camera so spectators can view what people are seeing (Like in TF2) and have a bot that sits in there and records what people see with fraps.
    Would be so cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #499
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Well my tests are finally over, so I can come back to playing and recording badly edited videos. Hooray!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #500
    July 2009
    1,503 Posts
    How does this work? Do I get whitelisted here, and when do the individual "games" start?

Edited:

Wait, when you talk about time, do you mean IRL or in-game?

21. Post #501
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    New game starting now guys!

22. Post #502
    July 2009
    1,503 Posts
    Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Was merrily digging along on 4th day when suddenly I see Giratina (top ranked dude taking out people like a damn one man army) talk about seeing someone. I think it's me, and promptly curl into a ball. He then says that it was another person, and I am relieved. That is, until I see 3 nameplates in the near vicinity of my hole-base. I ran like fucking shit down the stairs, heart beating out of my chest and with a pulse of 120, blocking it all off with cobble. I didn't know what to do, they were probably armed with iron armor and weapons or better, and I had nothing but the bare basics (stone pickaxe, food, torches and stuff). Doesn't help that it's 12PM. So anyways, I run like fucking hell, and I sneak to stop them from seeing my nameplate. I find out that it apparently doesn't work, and as I've gone right, left, down and changed directions and blocked my path up at least 5 times, I see the nameplates approaching me. I beg for mercy, and as they broke the cobble and I could see the faces of my assailants, I was nearly whimpering. I died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #503
    June 2010
    455 Posts
    Use "/sneak on" to hide your nameplate but move normally.

24. Post #504

April 2012
    42 Posts
    I keep getting internal server error when I join

25. Post #505
    June 2010
    455 Posts
    I usually get "internal server error" the first time I try to connect, then it works the second time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #506
    May 2011
    999 Posts
    Hey mister capsup or whoever gives the job of GM's, could i be possible for me to be a GM?

27. Post #507
    June 2009
    383 Posts
    I think everyone enjoyed tonight's terribly long god matches, except for the part where waterko just had his people hide rather than fight my guys.

28. Post #508
    June 2010
    455 Posts
    "God matches" amount to kissing the GM's ass for free stuff.

29. Post #509
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Yesterday's match is up.

30. Post #510

April 2012
    29 Posts
    Are you actually playing god matches that's sooo stupid kissing up to GM's just to get items and stuff isn't that what the sponsoring is supposed to do?

31. Post #511
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    3,078 Posts
    Yesterday's match is up.
    hey can i maybe join in the conversations during the hunger games so it isnt just me when im recording it too

32. Post #512
    May 2011
    999 Posts
    Why is the server up and no ones on it?

33. Post #513
    June 2010
    2,703 Posts
    Starting a game if a few people get on.

34. Post #514
    January 2012
    3,666 Posts
    I might join this.

Getting myself ready by watching "The Survival Games" on Youtube.

35. Post #515
    June 2009
    383 Posts
    We're going to need to make a video to advertise, noone seems to be joining for matches now.

36. Post #516
    April 2007
    818 Posts
    We're going to need to make a video to advertise, noone seems to be joining for matches now.
    Or just generally some more advertising.

I really really wish I had more sparetime to work on the plugin, but sadly, I don't. We're just about to enter the exams period so there's alot of papers etc that I have to hand in.

37. Post #517
    June 2010
    455 Posts
    A way to make maps while games are going on would be nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #518
    May 2011
    999 Posts
    11 people on the server, LETS BATTLE!

39. Post #519
    June 2009
    383 Posts
    Lots of people are on today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #520
    April 2007
    818 Posts
    Lots of people are on today.
    Yep. I was surprised to see waterko and overgear still running it. Pleasantly surprised that is though.
    I think once I'm done with this next weeks exams shit I'll get together the GMs and we'll figure out what we do next. There's a couple of high priority issues that we will have to sort out and then figure out what our next move is. We could make a post on MCF which would probably net us alot of attention but I believe we'd have to get everything working properly before then.

So don't worry guys, we definitely haven't given up on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)