1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,927 Posts
    Befor reading: This only affects Gmod13!

Ok, So after scratching my head and going bald... I saw that Chrome and Bass were not loading.
    I think i have identitified the causes:
    -Bass: Due to there being a new window title, Bass cannot find where to start playing...
    -Chrome: VMaterialSystem080 No longer exists .....

If these can be fixed, It would be great :)

Thanks in advance!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    795 Posts
    I'm at work now, but as soon as I get home I can try compiling and test them for you..

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,927 Posts
    They dont need compiling, they need editing...
    I can visualize the changes i would need to make, But anyway...
    for Bass:
    Code:
    HWND gmode = FindWindowA("Valve001", "Garry's Mod"); // line 325
    For chrome.
    Code:
    materialsystem = (IMaterialSystem*)materialsystemFactor(MATERIAL_SYSTEM_INTERFACE_VERSION, NULL ); // Line 126
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    October 2008
    1,208 Posts
    - Bass: Due to there being a new window title, Bass cannot find where to start playing...
    Gm_bass_edit, it worked in the gmod beta the last time I tried, I recompiled it with that deactivated gmod window check and some other fixes a while ago.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    795 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,927 Posts
    That's not a solution...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    October 2008
    1,208 Posts
    Why don't you just hex edit them then?
    Because it would be much harder, hackier and not be necessary, because we have the source code. Also in my case the other minor changes I done would be pain in the ass or impossible to do with a hex editor, I guess.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    860 Posts
    Anyone looking for fixed versions of bass, chrome, and transmittools is using a leaked version of the GMT gamemode. It'd be best if no one provided support to these people. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,927 Posts
    I have already explained to you that I was given these game modes 7 months ago by macdguy himself, and recently leaked it to have a community effort to bring a great gamemode back.
    Not happy? Suck on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    Anyone looking for fixed versions of bass, chrome, and transmittools is using a leaked version of the GMT gamemode. It'd be best if no one provided support to these people. Thanks.
    not necessarily, bass was popular awhile back in small music experiments

Edited:

its a nice dev plaything

11. Post #11
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Bass is in fact popular, just because gmt is the only one actively using it, that doesn't mean that it's only used there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    860 Posts
    Bass is in fact popular, just because gmt is the only one actively using it, that doesn't mean that it's only used there.
    not necessarily, bass was popular awhile back in small music experiments

Edited:

its a nice dev plaything
    I understand that it's possible these modules are still being used for some gamemodes, but these ones in combination are only being used to run a leaked gamemode.

Chrome isn't used by anything except legacy stuff ever since the HTML panel's introduction.

If you're really going to overlook the fact that the volume of threads/posts with regards to these modules increased after GMT was posted on DU, then it's your own ignorance at fault.

I have already explained to you that I was given these game modes 7 months ago by macdguy himself, and recently leaked it to have a community effort to bring a great gamemode back.
    Not happy? Suck on it.
    No one on the GMT team sent the gamemode to you. You're using stolen property.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,927 Posts
    I am using content given to me by the GMT team. You are confused, and I understand you frustration that I was given you hard work. But I am also doing this in a huge effor to re-establish this once great community.
    Anyway, things aside. I have supplied what needs to be changed, Ll I need is somone to recompile then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    168 Posts
    I am using content given to me by the GMT team. You are confused, and I understand you frustration that I was given you hard work. But I am also doing this in a huge effor to re-establish this once great community.
    Anyway, things aside. I have supplied what needs to be changed, Ll I need is somone to recompile then.
    You are incorrect. The GMT team (which includes myself) did not authorize you to use any part of our content or code.

To clarify further, I did not give you any part of GMT "7 months ago" or at any point in time. Your facts are invalid.

You are using stolen property that belong to us (the GMT Team).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,927 Posts
    I never said " you" gave it to me, but that the GMT team did.
    I am using a lawfully obtained game mode , do I give a rats arse you don't want me to use it? No.
    You do not speak for the GMT team, stop inflicting invalid arguments.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    168 Posts
    I have already explained to you that I was given these game modes 7 months ago by macdguy himself...
    You did in fact mention that you got it from me. I have posted the above quote of you saying this, in case you forgot.

You are not using a "lawfully obtained" gamemode, you are using stolen property. I actually do speak for the entire GMT Team. I am the leader and represent everyone on the GMod Tower team. You can look me up on our website if you want further proof.

In all circumstances, you are in the wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,927 Posts
    I do clearly remember the steam chat we had 7 months.
    And if we are going off on who said what, you recently said that you would release the game modes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    168 Posts
    I do clearly remember the steam chat we had 7 months.
    And if we are going off on who said what, you recently said that you would release the game modes.
    I have told many people that we are planning to release the gamemodes. I have even posted that Ball Race is being redone on our forums. That is not the leak you are using. We were never planning to release the lobby gamemode of GMod Tower.

We are, however, working on modified versions of the GMod Tower gamemodes. This includes PVP: Battle, Ball Race, Virus, and eventually Zombie Massacre. Not lobby. These gamemodes are currently being redone and cleaned up for release with GMod 13.

The leak is not official nor is it the release you speak of. If and when we release the gamemodes, they will be available on our website's front page. This is obviously not the case.

To clarify once again, I did not give you GMT code or the permission to use any part of GMT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,927 Posts
    I don't recall saying "release the game modes I have obtained via you". So please, keep to your word and I will keep to mine.
    I see you are displeased about me running it, and for giving you the idea I was using it in some other way then privately, would be giving the wrong impression. I shall stop running this run down leak, we if you release the updated version of up in the following days if you wish. But right now this is a learning experiment.
    I am sorry once again for the facts posted above, but I am outlet running it as a private learning experience , as well as showing a community a great game mode.
    Can we come to some conclusion?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    This thread should be closed and disgusnin be banned, he's an awful piece of shit and tries to defend his obvious lies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,927 Posts
    -snip- I was too mean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,391 Posts
    I understand that it's possible these modules are still being used for some gamemodes, but these ones in combination are only being used to run a leaked gamemode.

Chrome isn't used by anything except legacy stuff ever since the HTML panel's introduction.

If you're really going to overlook the fact that the volume of threads/posts with regards to these modules increased after GMT was posted on DU, then it's your own ignorance at fault.

No one on the GMT team sent the gamemode to you. You're using stolen property.
    PERP uses chrome and bass, just saying but that's technically leaked too I suppose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    June 2011
    80 Posts
    PERP uses chrome and bass, just saying but that's technically leaked too I suppose.
    Well remember this community does nothing but troll or insult users that ask for help on any gamemode that isn't "100% grade A free" that includes legitimate copies of a certain framework and gamemodes we will not name. So more or less in this community you're damned if you do and damned if you don't so frankly asking for help for any gamemode or binary is a lost cause even if they're done for the best intentions or that of trying to use supposed "leaked" content. People are better off giving up or figuring it out by themselves when it comes to doing anything modified or abnormal with Gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)