1. Post #121
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Bought one.

Immediately afterwards my current graphics card's fan tore up.
    In exactly 6 hours, they'll announce the 690 and 12 hours later, it'll be the 780... Or, that is to say, you'll feel like that when they do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,599 Posts
    Christ. I need cash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #123
    August 2009
    9,353 Posts
    Bought one.

Immediately afterwards my current graphics card's fan tore up.
    The fan was probably like "WELL FUCK YOU TOO, I QUIT"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,070 Posts
    Bought GTX 680

Played Minecraft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    That Dog
    March 2009
    13,251 Posts
    Sold out everywhere still :(

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,205 Posts
    It's nice and I love getting a shitton FPS in all my games.

But I'm getting some graphics problems in some games. In Saints Row The Third, my character's upper body (not including head) is all polygonny. But the clothes aren't. Then in Mirror's Edge, I occasionally see the sun/a bright light source (anything that causes lens flare) through walls.

So far no other problems, though.

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,737 Posts
    Asus and MSI tends to follow the reference design the best. I've had bad experiances with eVGA where the layout is the same, but they used non reference parts such as chokes that are taller than the reference ones.
    Asus aren't good at reference designs in my experience, I have two outwardly identical reference cards one Asus and one Point of View - having taken both apart the PoV has a nice big copper plate touching the GPU chip itself, the Asus has a much smaller aluminum (or at least silver coloured) one, and runs up to 20C hotter in identical conditions.

And don't even get me started on their non-reference designs, the 6970 DirectCU II is just simply retarded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    March 2008
    235 Posts
    I work at a FedEx Ground distribution center and a box tonight needed taping up and it's generally interesting to look inside and see whats in the box. It was a GTX 680....... The worst part was that the way I was looking at it was the way you would see a new one as if you ordered it and had just opened the box lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    I work at a FedEx Ground distribution center and a box tonight needed taping up and it's generally interesting to look inside and see whats in the box. It was a GTX 680....... The worst part was that the way I was looking at it was the way you would see a new one as if you ordered it and had just opened the box lol.
    So you stole it and made a mad dash home?

10. Post #130
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    8,909 Posts
    What's the strangest thing you've found in an untaped box?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #131
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    What's the strangest thing you've found in an untaped box?
    I'll be you an optimistic rating the answer is going to be "A dragon dildo".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    8,909 Posts
    I see your Optimistic and raise you a Winner

13. Post #133
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    I see your Optimistic and raise you a Winner
    You're on.

14. Post #134
    August 2009
    9,353 Posts
    I gave him a box as it's fitting.

15. Post #135
    Gold Member

November 2010
    395 Posts
    Should I sell my 7970 to buy this? Is it worth it?

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,497 Posts
    Not worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #137
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    They're about the same performance wise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    April 2011
    2,611 Posts
    I'm curious to see what the GK110 card will be branded as.

19. Post #139
    I'd put about 50 bucks on GTX 685.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    7,225 Posts
    Asus aren't good at reference designs in my experience, I have two outwardly identical reference cards one Asus and one Point of View - having taken both apart the PoV has a nice big copper plate touching the GPU chip itself, the Asus has a much smaller aluminum (or at least silver coloured) one, and runs up to 20C hotter in identical conditions.

And don't even get me started on their non-reference designs, the 6970 DirectCU II is just simply retarded
    We're talking about reference PCB design, not cooler
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,477 Posts

What? The DirectCU II is probably the best GPU air cooled design I've ever seen on a card. Yah it's triple slot on cards above the GTX 560 Ti so it could cause issues with SLI/CFX, but it's great at keeping the temperatures down.

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,927 Posts
    So wait, the current GTX680 is GK-104, and a GK-110 card will be coming out relatively soon?

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,497 Posts
    So wait, the current GTX680 is GK-104, and a GK-110 card will be coming out relatively soon?
    I don't think we'll see it before Q3 or 4, but I might be wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,737 Posts
    What? The DirectCU II is probably the best GPU air cooled design I've ever seen on a card. Yah it's triple slot on cards above the GTX 560 Ti so it could cause issues with SLI/CFX, but it's great at keeping the temperatures down.
    It's an amazing cooler, but the 6970 bends under the weight of it and it pulls away from the GPU chip, causing pretty severe overheating. It's a well documented issue, and quite simply poor engineering.

I have had to support with cable ties between it and a drive bay, as well as adding extra thermal paste to bridge the gap

And they don't even learn from their mistakes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,193 Posts
    Apparently eVGA has a "superclocked" version coming out soon. It will be $539 instead of $509.

Not sure why you'd pay an extra 20 bucks for something you could do yourself. I hear the 680s are easy to overclock anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Apparently eVGA has a "superclocked" version coming out soon. It will be $539 instead of $509.

Not sure why you'd pay an extra 20 bucks for something you could do yourself. I hear the 680s are easy to overclock anyway.
    They have superclocked versions of every mid/high end card, they do it because it sells and is almost no extra effort on their side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #147
    August 2009
    9,353 Posts

They give it an extra 30MHZ and then slap on

XSTREAM GAYMENG CARD INCRESE YOUR SKILL BY 99.99999999999%

It lures the retards to buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    They give it an extra 30MHZ and then slap on

XSTREAM GAYMENG CARD INCRESE YOUR SKILL BY 99.99999999999%

It lures the retards to buy it.
    Yeah well sure. It also serves as assurance that your card CAN in fact be overclocked. I bought a stock 560 Ti and it faceplants violently if i even attempt a 15 MHz core increase. so yeah. Retards and people who want to be sure of what would otherwise be a gamble at potential performance gain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,118 Posts
    Not sure why you'd pay an extra 20 bucks for something you could do yourself.
    higher binning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    higher binning
    Superclocked cards aren't higher binned like CPUs though.

31. Post #151
    Considering the card overclocks itself...

wut

32. Post #152
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Considering the card overclocks itself...

wut
    EVGA confirmed late 2011 that their overclocked cards aren't higher binned at all, just overclocks (apparently saying that's why their cards are so "affordable") I shouldn't generalize though, maybe some other cards are.

33. Post #153
    August 2011
    221 Posts
    Oh hey guys. What's up? I'm just chillen here. nbd.

Oh and my GTX 680 will be here in 3 days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    June 2010
    2,439 Posts
    Mine is on its way - should be here for Friday, I think.

I went for the Asus one.

I am fuckinnnnnng excited!

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,122 Posts
    god, I wish I could get one, but college is more important

gf is expensive to; however, doesn't bother me at all. shes worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    867 Posts
    Too bad the GPGPU performance with CUDA and OpenCL sucks.
    I will stick to my two GTX460s and wait for GK110 or maybe SLI660/670 if they have a better performance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Goddammit.

The notebook GPUs of the 6xx series are still mostly based on fermi architecture :<
    I was looking forward to getting a new laptop, but I guess I'll wait another year.

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,497 Posts

When you start to make girlfriends up in money and potential GTX 680s, you should see a psychiatrist.

39. Post #159

I dunno man.

My computer has brought much love into my life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,122 Posts
    I dunno man.

My computer has brought much love into my life.
    Ha. True to me also, but my gf has brought me more than that!

When you start to make girlfriends up in money and potential GTX 680s, you should see a psychiatrist.
    Huh? I'm confused, but forgive me it's 3am; therefore, I may not get it correctly.