1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,275 Posts
    Ok, so I'm surprised at the lack of talk about bootlegging here. For those who don't know, bootlegs are basically unofficial recordings circulated around music communities such as audience recordings, soundboard recordings, pro-sho or audience shot video that wasn't officially released. Also, bootlegging is not piracy. Piracy is distributing things that cost money for free, whereas bootlegging is distributing things that aren't for sale. I actually found a record store that sells bootlegs :V. Anyways, here are some of my bootleg suggestions.

Listen to this eddie - Led Zeppelin
    For Badgeholders Only - Led Zeppelin
    Berlin Germany 1980 (Last ever Led Zeppelin show with John Bonham)

I personally love bootlegs because, after you've exhausted all the bands officially material, where else can you go? Bootlegs, that's where. I love old bootlegs, 8mm film recordings. It's amazing how good quality stuff people got back then. Of course, one of my favorite things, someone managed to capture the time in 1977 Keith Moon from The Who came on stage with Led Zeppelin. Thank god someone got that (And the entire show this video is from is also the same show as Badgeholders above)

Discuss!

2. Post #2
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    5,131 Posts
    I have a vinyl bootleg INI's Center of Attention. It was a Pete Rock produced album that was recorded in 1995 but got shelved for some reason. The album was eventually released in 2003 with another shelved album as Lost & Found: Hip Hop Underground Soul Classics

Dunno if that truly counts because it was meant to be released.

3. Post #3
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    11,100 Posts
    I have a bootleg of Led Zeppeling at the O2 for the one reunion concert they did a few years back

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,002 Posts
    Would sharing a link to a site of bootlegs for a band named Against Me! be bannable?

5. Post #5
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    i have a super-rare metallica bootleg called wizard's quest on vinyl.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,895 Posts
    The real question is about the actual listenable bootlegs. As in are they on par with what the companies release?

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,275 Posts
    The real question is about the actual listenable bootlegs. As in are they on par with what the companies release?
    I think so.

8. Post #8
    July 2009
    4,278 Posts
    Son of a bitch, man. There was this beautiful "bootleg-apedia" website I found a long time ago...had thousands of bootlegs, I posted it in the Floyd thread. It's been taken down. I'm so sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    August 2010
    1,447 Posts

i totally love this, cat power and loren connors.. loren brings this whole loooong sloww meandering style to cat's songs, really otherwordly.
    currently trying to track down a copy of another cat power bootleg, Joan of Arc, where she played musical accompaniment for the Dreyer film. it was posted on some blog ages ago but the file was taken down and the blog owner told me he didn't have it :c