1. Post #401
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,813 Posts
    The cobble looks like crap (no offense to the maker)
    I might actually redo cobblestone if its ok
    Just gotta find a way to edit it other than paint since i don't know how to do transparency in it
    Thank you Jesus for coming down to show us mere mortals how cobble is done! Please show us!

2. Post #402
    June 2008
    5,049 Posts
    If his is better we add it, if not we don't

simple

Anyway, would anyone object to me making the netherwarts purple dicks that grow out of the ground?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #403
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,813 Posts
    If his is better we add it, if not we don't

simple

Anyway, would anyone object to me making the netherwarts purple dicks that grow out of the ground?
    Go for it. I for one would love to harvest purple dildos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #404
    June 2008
    5,049 Posts

netherdicks added
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #405
    September 2010
    6,630 Posts

netherdicks added
    Instead of growing in the final stage, they should spurt blood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #406
    June 2012
    5 Posts
    fyi the cobble may take a while since im a noob at this and im busy with servers and such
    but i will get to it and try to get it nice looking today

EDIT:
    does basing it off this look good
    http://image.shutterstock.com/displa...s-72407023.jpg

Edited:

new one
    sorry if it kinda looks like the vanilla cobblestone
    and i messed up the terrain.png so thats all thats there

7. Post #407
    September 2010
    6,630 Posts
    fyi the cobble may take a while since im a noob at this and im busy with servers and such
    but i will get to it and try to get it nice looking today

EDIT:
    does basing it off this look good
    http://image.shutterstock.com/displa...s-72407023.jpg

Edited:

new one
    sorry if it kinda looks like the vanilla cobblestone
    and i messed up the terrain.png so thats all thats there
    What does it look like in-game?

8. Post #408
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,813 Posts
    Can't say I'm a fan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #409
    June 2012
    5 Posts
    well it was worth a try at least
    hmm what should i do to it since im just a noob at textures

EDIT:
    hmm got an idea on how i can make it look better
    tile it in a 3x3 grid format then edit it to look good in the grid

10. Post #410
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    well it was worth a try at least
    hmm what should i do to it since im just a noob at textures
    Don't do anything to it and let people who are good at texture art do it? If you know you suck at it, why not go do something you're good at instead of trying to get into projects you have no business getting into.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #411
    June 2012
    5 Posts
    hey im just trying to help you dont need to get all pissy about it
    really i want to make this pack look good and the cobblestone just looks like tiled eggplant stones
    dont mean to judge but still

12. Post #412
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    hey im just trying to help you dont need to get all pissy about it
    really i want to make this pack look good and the cobblestone just looks like tiled eggplant stones
    dont mean to judge but still
    I'm not getting pissy. Honestly, your intentions are good. It's great that you want to make the texture pack look good, but you need to know your skill sets and where they apply. If you know for a fact that you are new to texture art and you consider yourself a "noob" to drawing in general, (you don't know know how to do transparency) then chances are you need to go practice your art skills and do a bit of research before you attempt to commit to a public project like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #413
    September 2010
    6,630 Posts
    I'm not getting pissy. Honestly, your intentions are good. It's great that you want to make the texture pack look good, but you need to know your skill sets and where they apply. If you know for a fact that you are new to texture art and you consider yourself a "noob" to drawing in general, (you don't know know how to do transparency) then chances are you need to go practice your art skills and do a bit of research before you attempt to commit to a public project like this.
    Maybe he just wanted to give it a go. It's a community thing, if his texture isn't good we toss it. If he does something amazing, maybe completely by accident, then okay, we'll take it. Doesn't matter how good you consider yourself to be, as long as what you make works fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #414
    June 2012
    5 Posts
    Maybe he just wanted to give it a go. It's a community thing, if his texture isn't good we toss it. If he does something amazing, maybe completely by accident, then okay, we'll take it. Doesn't matter how good you consider yourself to be, as long as what you make works fine.
    Thank you, at least somebody isn't negative about what I TRY to do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #415
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,571 Posts
    I like our eggplants more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #416
    October 2009
    4,243 Posts
    I think making the lava an acid-looking green would be pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #417
    January 2010
    3,992 Posts
    If it was done properly it would look really cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #418
    September 2010
    6,630 Posts
    Like in DooM, right?

19. Post #419
    June 2008
    5,049 Posts
    Or half life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,541 Posts
    I gotta say I do quite like how the suggested cobblestone looks in regards to being small rocks rather than simply cracked stone, but it's far too noisy and the cracks between the stones should have a lower contrast to the stone texture itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    3,438 Posts
    IDK bout these netherdicks. Maybe we should have an option between them and a SFW alternative?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #422
    September 2010
    6,630 Posts
    IDK bout these netherdicks. Maybe we should have an option between them and a SFW alternative?
    No. Embrace the netherdicks. Enjoy the netherdicks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #423
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,813 Posts
    I wouldn't worry about it being NSFW. Who plays MC at work anyway, and it's not like your boss would be like

"Hey, stop punching virtual throbbing purple dildos in hell and get back to work!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    September 2010
    6,630 Posts
    I wouldn't worry about it being NSFW. Who plays MC at work anyway, and it's not like your boss would be like

"Hey, stop punching virtual throbbing purple dildos in hell and get back to work!"
    Exactly. He'd join you in punching throbbing purple dildos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #425
    January 2010
    1,131 Posts
    Exactly. He'd join you in punching throbbing purple dildos.
    In hell.

Hey, get back to work!

26. Post #426
    May 2010
    3,930 Posts
    The cobble looks like crap (no offense to the maker)
    You have stained me with my own blood, I am forever crushed that you would impose such horrific criticism upon my life's work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

27. Post #427
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,813 Posts
    How about this for cobble?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

28. Post #428
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,571 Posts
    How about this for cobble?

I'm really stuck on our current cobble, so maybe have two versions? I'll update the one with the eggplants whenever there's a new texture so it's no extra work for the guys who do the actual textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,541 Posts
    It's a little bit difficult to tell on that image whether it's that much better or not, though it does look better. Can we get a comparison on places where cobble is common - NPC houses, for example?

Actually I had another look at the previous cobblestone. The contrast isn't as bad as I thought it was, but it's still too visually noisy on the actual stone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    3,438 Posts
    Tiling is still a bit rough on the edges of the texture, You can see a grey line going through the edge of the block, maybe lighten that part up a bit?

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,657 Posts
    Converted to 1.3 then something exploded because someone changed the resolution at some point

kthen

32. Post #432
    April 2011
    736 Posts
    I think we need a new decorative sandstone, Considering the one used now is stolen from 1.2.1.
    Look here if you don't believe me, http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history#1.2.1

Late? I pointed this out way back when it first got added, I was simply reminding you all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #433
    April 2011
    657 Posts
    NO, my computer crashed and then my parents forgot to pay for internet

34. Post #434
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,934 Posts
    Dear god he must've died making that comparison
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

35. Post #435

July 2012
    2 Posts
    i have basicly everything done in my texturepack. i am still fixking it tho... like ALOT
    if you guys need some texture help just ask. http://imgur.com/f4a6j
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #436
    January 2010
    1,131 Posts
    I think this thread deserves a slightly more productive bump, don't you?

Watch this space for updates, I'm off to make some new textures.

Edited:

Here's a stone brick texture for ya':

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #437
    May 2010
    3,930 Posts
    Oh god that's beautiful, now do that for every texture in the pack pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #438
    January 2010
    1,131 Posts
    Oh god that's beautiful, now do that for every texture in the pack pls
    I think I might do the alternate stone bricks later.

39. Post #439

July 2012
    2 Posts
    so you want any textures or not guys. im up for the task for ANY texture. yes, i can do any texture you want and i swear it will look nice

40. Post #440
    January 2010
    1,131 Posts
    so you want any textures or not guys. im up for the task for ANY texture. yes, i can do any texture you want and i swear it will look nice
    If you want to do a texture, just make one and post it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)