1. Post #1

September 2011
    718 Posts
    After i was done with my leatest movie the ending gave me a idea for a screenshot based game here on Facepunch. Not sure if its a game or just something like a themed thread where rival espionage agencys (good and bad ) fight each other , deal with each other , and try to takecontrol of the world (except the good guy agency's )

Some small rules though :

No Doomsday weapons they can be shown but not used .
    No super agents (in terms of james bond and the like)
    You cannot fully take down each others agencys

Base idea is make pictures of what your organization looks like , its activities and what its doing
    Minimal things you need to show first

The name of your agency (the acronyms arent nessecary to explain )
    S.T.O.R.M(mine)

Activities:
    Robbing banks and stealing valuable items as well as larger goods transports units (ships , planes , trains etc ) . Raiding smaller defencless towns . Assisting in conflicts in smaller and larger nations with internal and national conflicts .Breaking inmates out of prisons for recruitment. Drug and weapon dealing .Illegal experimentations .

Inner sanctum and your organizations HQ

Castle Sturm

(villan is optional )

Your logo/insignia (also optional )

And some one or more shots of your organization or your activities

Troops:

The Grunts:
    Grunts are the backbone of the STORM organization .They are vicious , blood thirsty and will kill anyone unless said otherwise . Though this could be because most of the recruitment for troops comes down to breaking out inmates out of entier prisons and recruiting them into their rank. Not just from prisons though . In citys with high crime rates recruitment is also happening in secret . From the Grunt spawns all the upper ranks .

STORM mainly implies shock and awe to overwhelm the enemy with sheer numbers tactic which is the main reason why most recruitment is from gangs and from breaking out prisoners

The Heavy Gattling Gunner:
    This unit is a frontline support unit that supresses down enemys and can absorbmost small arms fire short of a missle or grenade launcher. They are usually at the head of a attack on a more open battlefield.

The Heavy Flamer:
    The Flamer is a more special branch of unit seeing as most flamers are natural Arsonists . Flamers are used as Shock and Terror troops to induce fear into the enemy . Usually Laughing all the way .

The Heavy Demolitionist:
    The Demolitionist is alot harder to recruit , since most demolitionists have to endure alot more pain due to less armor . But they carry the ordenance of 2 tanks.

Thier weapons can be found here http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=77360

The Heavy Shotgunner:
    Its pretty simple . These are what most Grunts advance to if they want to go into the heavy armors. Like the Flamer he is a shock trooper and is usually employed in CQC(Close Quarters Combat ) he can usually tear through enemys . With some small enhancers he can break down even the most barricaded doors.

The Elites:
    The Elites are essentially those who get the ranks of Sargents , Luitenants and Commanders. And command anywhere from squads of 10 to 40 troops :
    Besides the increase of rank getting the commanding rank means the trooper survived long enough to become one meaning they are highly dangerous . The 2 ways to advance in Storm are as follows . You KILL alot or do something outstanding.

You can find all the Infantry here: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=94073

Vehciles
    Download them here
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/STORM_Vehicles.rar

The SAVAGE Tank:
    The SAVAGE tank is a slightly modified T-72 with a more automatic reloading system , which lets it shoot faster and change shell types faster. The extra armor on the side and behind is also a good upgrade

The HA1T attack Chopper:
    The HA1T attack Chopper is a simple attack chopper the main diffrence is that one of its primary ammos is Armor piereceing which can tear apart lighter vehicles .

The SCAR APC Troop Transport:
    A standard APC modified with a turret for both Anti Infantry and Anti Vehicle capability . It has rather light armor in comparison to most APCs and can carry only up to 6 units

The H8 Hellfire combat aircraft:
    The H8 is the leatest in aireal dominance . The craft is also capable of quick bomb strikes for quick in and out bombardments thanks to its quick and easy to attach bomb magnets on its sides . But it has to leave out missles to attach the bombs

Workforce:

The Siencetists:

Workers:

------------
    Small note: I took these with Fraps way before i knew about devshots_screenshot so im sorry bout the quality.
    ------------

Enjoy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Winner x 9Dumb x 8Useful x 2Artistic x 2Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,777 Posts
    I'm in, my organization will be the U.N.R.E.G.I.S.T.E.R.E.D.S.E.X.O.F.F.E.N.D.E.R.S

or is that too long

Edited:

wait no it'll be R.A.S.T.A with a bunch of demomen and shit

i'll post pics tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2008
    641 Posts
    But you didn't really explain what your organization does. How they earn money, etc etc.

4. Post #4

September 2011
    718 Posts
    But you didn't really explain what your organization does. How they earn money, etc etc.
    Well its not that hard to imagine . Its essentially like most evil organizations do it . Through fronts , supplying drugs , weapons , mercs , robbing banks and stealing worthwhile stuff . Ya know the usual. And like said evil organizations are ment to try and take over the world while good ones try and protect it. Its best to keep it simple really but one can put in descriptions of their organizations if they want to

5. Post #5

September 2011
    718 Posts
    Current operations
    Dealing with people that dont know how to pay for their shipments of guns and drugs

And acquiering more goods (from night to dawn )

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,777 Posts
    -actually i have a way better idea-

Edited:

THE EVIL DOCTOR EYE AND HIS EVIL MUTANT ARMY!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    July 2011
    489 Posts
    Oh gawd... Dat Heavy face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2009
    5 Posts
    Name of Organization: C.A.T.A.C.L.Y.S.M

Leader: Robo-Engie

Location of Organization: Abandoned Dark Warehourse

Activities: Turning people into Fez Agents, which in turn do the standard evil things, like arson, murder and jaywalking.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

9. Post #9

September 2011
    718 Posts
    its time to play

DESTROY. ALL. MUTANTS!!!!

(on a small side note and for more accurate retaliation pics , these are the models im useing http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=94073 )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,777 Posts
    Pfft, bombing bases? We use our Reanimator to kill all of them, turn them into zombies, and then employ them!

Poor guy. He's the head of security now, though.

11. Post #11
    I don't even think you can comprehend how not ass damaged i am.
    August 2009
    4,151 Posts
    this thread is so beautiful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,023 Posts
    its time to play

DESTROY. ALL. MUTANTS!!!!

(on a small side note and for more accurate retaliation pics , these are the models im useing http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=94073 )
    "i blew up your entire base in the first turn and there's nothing you can do about it" seems like the sort of stupid move a 4 year old would pull if you were playing toy soldiers or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

13. Post #13
    August 2008
    641 Posts
    This would actually be a cool idea if it was executed better. The thread that is. Right now it is just way too open to trolling.. pity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14

September 2011
    718 Posts
    Edited:

"i blew up your entire base in the first turn and there's nothing you can do about it" seems like the sort of stupid move a 4 year old would pull if you were playing toy soldiers or something.
    Erm i did state at the beginning that you cannot destroy somebodys organization fully . And i specifically say its a PLANT not a HQ my friend . Thank you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,023 Posts
    Still seems like a pretty retarded 'first move' to me, though.

16. Post #16

September 2011
    718 Posts
    Still seems like a pretty retarded 'first move' to me, though.
    Well technically its not like im forbiding him from doing something similar am i ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,023 Posts
    You're not, but it'd seem logical to start things off small instead of just fucking each other over on a massive scale in the first couple of turns.

18. Post #18

September 2011
    718 Posts
    You're not, but it'd seem logical to start things off small instead of just fucking each other over on a massive scale in the first couple of turns.
    Okey then thats fair enough i suppose . Should i make that a rule ? Im sorta trying to make the thread overall better hopefully as we go on

19. Post #19
    July 2010
    5,334 Posts
    Kid 1: I blew up your base!
    Kid 2: Nu uh! It's made of titanium!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 8 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,622 Posts
    I like the concept, but you need to improve your posing. Try practicing when you can.

21. Post #21

September 2011
    718 Posts
    Now as newaxe stated i know this thread isnt that well executed but...i would like to improve that . If anybody has suggestions on rules/what to do id be welcome to hear em out .

Jungle base

Rented out some troops and equipment as mercs to middle eastern dictator to get rid of rebels for extra cash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22

September 2011
    718 Posts
    Makein a deal with CATACLYSM agent

The merchandise

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,622 Posts
    Eh... You still need to improve your posing.
    What technique do you use?

24. Post #24
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    I might create an organisation at some point, just need to do some stuff first.

25. Post #25
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    This could be more organized, and I know that has been stated.

Why don't you follow it out like paintwars and use freeforums or something to create a site where everything can be organized and turns can be played out in thread between factions?

26. Post #26
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,777 Posts
    This could be more organized, and I know that has been stated.

Why don't you follow it out like paintwars and use freeforums or something to create a site where everything can be organized and turns can be played out in thread between factions?
    I really don't think creating a forum is necessary

Edited:

It's time for spring cleaning!

Slowly picking off small groups of S.T.O.R.M, what you up to?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    754 Posts
    I gotta say, I like this idea, and I wanna make an organization. Just wish there were some basic rules.

28. Post #28
    March 2012
    324 Posts

This is my flag! For a organization that has not yet become of existance... Tomorrow it will though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,497 Posts
    This could turn out pretty cool, I'll probably join in.

30. Post #30

September 2011
    718 Posts
    Viper:
    Well i just use the winded stand up tool and go from there depending on if i can .
    Everyone else:
    To all those that think this can be abit mroe organized HELP out suggest what we could do . Theres very little rules cause i dont think that they are limiting and keep it open for all participants to have a variety of types of organizations.

TehMuffinMan:
    Oh nah much. Im just on YEH TRAINS STEALIN YA RESOURCES!!

P.S Muffin (and everyone else ) please try and come up with larger variety of units . So theres some variety other then one kind of troop . Thank you

Also as a small incentive to participate . Im offerin up to make banners/logos for organizations that dont know how to make their own to those that keep participateing.
    SO muffin man is the first to get his.

And heres a version that you can use in post edit to put them on stuff easier .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    Hey Greatdictator, is it alright if you use personal skins as leaders?

32. Post #32

September 2011
    718 Posts
    Hey Greatdictator, is it alright if you use personal skins as leaders?
    Of course. If one can use TF2 charchters i dont see why one shouldnt be able to use personal skins.

(after all i am changeing skins on vehicles as well )

33. Post #33
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    Of course. If one can use TF2 charchters i dont see why one shouldnt be able to use personal skins.

(after all i am changeing skins on vehicles as well )
    So then, just a few more minutes and my organisation will be ready to go public.

34. Post #34
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,777 Posts
    Here are two "special" mutants and their weapons and abilities that I haven't posed yet

-Zombie Medic - Bonesaw, biting, clawing - Can only be killed when the brain is damaged or destroyed
    -Reanimator - No weapons - Summons them and teleports away like a little girl

there's going to be more as time goes by

And thanks for the logo!

35. Post #35

September 2011
    718 Posts
    Here are two "special" mutants and their weapons and abilities that I haven't posed yet

-Zombie Medic - Bonesaw, biting, clawing - Can only be killed when the brain is damaged or destroyed
    -Reanimator - No weapons - Summons them and teleports away like a little girl

there's going to be more as time goes by

And thanks for the logo!
    The teleportation thing seems kinda OP wouldnt you say ? Maybe just make it a machine on a vehicle thats essentially serves as a entry/spawn point ?

(Im mainly asking cause most of my units so far are...well to put it simply rather obvious weaknesses/uses and dont have special procedures for them to need to explain them )

36. Post #36
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,777 Posts
    Oh yeah, and my hideout is an old abandoned hospital
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=108372

37. Post #37

September 2011
    718 Posts
    Oh yeah, and my hideout is an old abandoned hospital
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=108372
    Ehhh i thought youd go for a creepy castle as a hideout ? (also you didnt say what you thought of my proposal for the reanimator concept )

38. Post #38
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,777 Posts
    Creepy castles are overrated!

Well the reanimator isn't really strong, once he teleports, summons the very weak pyro zombies, and teleports away, he doesn't come back for the rest of that battle. And the Pyro zombies aren't powerful, they can't bite or claw at you so they hold onto you and try to knock you down. Basically, they just spawn, try to grab ahold of you, and when they do, they don't let go unless forced off. Basically it's like the clot from Killing Floor except they don't really do any damage.

Edited:

Dr.Eye prefers hospitals, and when the last of the mutants arrive the place will be creepy with all of the dead bodies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    Let's get this shit started then...

Organisation's name: Dvader & None (Because I'm a solo kinda guy)

Leader: Dvaderv2 (Well, I did kinda make it obvious in the company name...)

Location of Organisation: Various residences, warehouses, and establishments around the world, however we do have headquarters in and around London, and we are seeking to rent out a big residence in Chelsea (Numbered 165 or something like that).

Activities:

Engaging in firefights with other organisations, and usually winning (With a good percentage of civilian deaths thrown into the mix)...

... 'appropiating' supplies from rivals...

... and more. I'm not gonna say anything more about it.

Troop types:

Trooper

These are generic minions that are fearless and utterly loyal. With combat knife, firearm, and grenade, they'll fight the foe. They know defeat only when they are dead.

Spec-Ops

These guys and girls are some of the organisation's most experienced, ruthless, and skilled individuals. They are tasked with carrying out stealth missions, assassinations, theft of supplies, and other deeds that are most dangerous, though they can fight as regular troops if need be.

Vehicles (Well, that's a first ain't it?):

Challenger 2 tanks, Humvees, Eurocopters, Black Hawks, Harrier jets, and LHD-2 Wasp ships.

Models of my organisation (Because I'm kind):

http://www.mediafire.com/?yi62jzeracyl5h0 - My personal skin, and the troops
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=60910 - This is the pack where you'll get the Harrier
    All other vehicles can be found easily.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,777 Posts
    Slow progress on some bionic troops, only 3 of them made so far.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)