sorry master~~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts

100% LEGIT GAIZ
    As MUCH as I want that to be real...(it would be pretty cool if it was actually a hero)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #123
    [img][b][color=red]Fuck this isnt HTML[/color][/b][/img]
    February 2009
    1,644 Posts
    I just randomly played against a few FPers. In some games with very small communities, you often bump into other people while playing, but I don't know how big the Dota 2 community is, so I just want to know if that was really lucky or if it's not that hard to find other people.
    Friends and I played against SUNSfan last night and horribly lost because Clinkz's Animation is garbage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,666 Posts
    Friends and I played against SUNSfan last night and horribly lost because Clinkz's Animation is garbage.
    Stafe
    GG that's all folks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #125
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts

100% LEGIT GAIZ
    I think he might actually be real, but is being introduced as an April Fools joke.
    It wouls make sense. No patch this week, real-looking character art, and Dota2Cinema, the wiki, and CyborgMatt are all in on the "joke".

Anyone want to double check the files?

Edited:

Or better yet, check the screen shot for editing with that noise consistency plugin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,410 Posts
    I think he might actually be real, but is being introduced as an April Fools joke.
    It wouls make sense. No patch this week, real-looking character art, and Dota2Cinema, the wiki, and CyborgMatt are all in on the "joke".

Edited:

Or better yet, check the screen shot for editing with that noise consistency plugin.
    yeah and ricochet 2 is real too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #127
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    yeah and ricochet 2 is real too
    Google does this all the time.

Hell, VALVe did it with Jarate!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts

Edited:

Blizzard did this with the Pandaren in WoW and it actually evolved into something, so we could get our hopes up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    Out of curiosity of the APP ID for R2 being 900, I decided too try that APPid on the store.

Holy shit I forgot all about this.

http://store.steampowered.com/video/900
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    July 2010
    5,171 Posts
    Snow just announced these rules for the inhouse. Gave them my blessing, so they're going into effect:

Alright, I'm sick of the rage I keep getting after every game due to "unbalanced teams" or other crap like that. Here we go:

- All inhouses should only play All Random to balance the teams if needed.
    - Pubstomps that occur will not be discussed.
    - Really try to finish a one-sided game as fast as possible, nobody wants to wait ages.
    - Inhouses must be announced at least one hour beforehand for fairness.
    - Leaving is no longer punishable if you deem it is needed.

- Feeding is unavoidable during a stomp, but try not to feed. Feeders will be banned.
    - Oftentimes in Captains Mode scrimmages, mains are banned. No banning mains.
    - Oftentimes in Captains Mode scrimmages, mains are picked. No picking mains.
    - Leaving during the pick stage is a permaban.
    - Scrimmages may now be played against other groups. Feeding is bannable during one.

Thanks, and have fun.
    Snow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #131
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    First line and I already think this is bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    July 2010
    5,171 Posts
    AR has been proven to add an extra layer of protection to inhouses from being unbalanced. It's really hard to get moderate-level players to play if they keep going against mains and pubstomp heroes.

AR levels the playing field a little bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    AR has been proven to add an extra layer of protection to inhouses from being unbalanced. It's really hard to get moderate-level players to play if they keep going against mains and pubstomp heroes.

And AR is also one of the worst modes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,518 Posts

Teams have been stacked every single game I've played in the inhouse :/. It isn't hard to switch people over to the other team.

Edited:

Let's put 3 players with hundreds of hours in dota on one team, and lets put 3 players with 20 hours in dota + 1 player with hundreds of hours in dota on the other! tl;dr of most games
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    July 2010
    5,171 Posts
    Only if you lose when you play AR.
    It's a lot of fun when you have success. It's not a 100% guarantee for balance, but it's 10x better than AP or CM which tend to be heavily unbalanced.

Teams have been stacked every single game I've played in the inhouse :/. It isn't hard to switch people over to the other team.
    We've tried switching people over, and, although it isn't rocket science, it's a lot easier said than done. I usually try to match up teams based on balanced skill level, but a game usually tips in AP or CM anyway. Besides, a lot of folks in the group won't listen when you say to switch. Some games have fallen apart because friends want to be with friends, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

16. Post #136
    April 2009
    8,518 Posts
    Pick teammates like we did in grade school.

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,251 Posts
    Actually, this all random is pretty good idea. Nobody can complain and new heroes will be introduced, thus people will learn the game, play different roles. These rules are great IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #138
    June 2011
    8,795 Posts
    AR is absolute shit, the chances of getting an all carry team or getting fucked over in some other way is so high it's ridiculous.

It doesn't balance anything, good players will still stomp newbies/pubs without even trying regardless of what hero they're playing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #139
    July 2010
    5,171 Posts
    Pick teammates like we did in grade school.
    Obviously things aren't working out, we need harsher rules to make sure the games come together.

Actually, this all random is pretty good idea. Nobody can complain and new heroes will be introduced, thus people will learn the game, play different roles. These rules are great IMO.
    Exactly. Really the whole point is to encourage players to play new heroes. AR is perfect for just that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    June 2011
    8,795 Posts
    Exactly. Really the whole point is to encourage players to play new heroes. AR is perfect for just that.
    No, AR is terrible for that, single draft is far better, it introduces newbies to new heroes while still giving them a choice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,469 Posts
    Played dark seer jungle in a real game, we won because we got riki fed 18 kills. Damn DS is fun. 3/5/17, I think I didn't do too badly. Wheres that vid with DS vacuuming people into places they can't get out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

22. Post #142
    July 2010
    5,171 Posts
    AR is absolute shit, the chances of getting an all carry team or getting fucked over in some other way is so high it's ridiculous.

It doesn't balance anything, good players will still stomp newbies/pubs without even trying regardless of what hero they're playing.
    AR isn't suppose to do the balancing, it just assures the good players are brought down a peg. A good player still has heroes they're awesome with. AR gives a pretty solid chance they'll get a hero they don't main or they are only moderately good at.

Bad players are still gonna be bad no matter what, but at least AR gives them the opportunity to feel out other heroes. Knowing how other heroes operate is half the battle of playing DOTA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    April 2009
    8,518 Posts
    - Scrimmages may now be played against other groups. Feeding is bannable during one.
    , the reasoning I got from an officer from this was it would ruin the rep. You can't ruin rep when you don't have it.

24. Post #144
    June 2011
    8,795 Posts
    AR isn't suppose to do the balancing, it just assures the good players are brought down a peg. A good player still has heroes they're awesome with. AR gives a pretty solid chance they'll get a hero they don't main or they are only moderately good at.

Bad players are still gonna be bad no matter what, but at least AR gives them the opportunity to feel out other heroes. Knowing how other heroes operate is half the battle of playing DOTA.
    lmao are you for real?

You were just arguing that AR is more balanced than CM or AP, make up your fucking mind.

25. Post #145
    July 2010
    5,171 Posts
    No, AR is terrible for that, single draft is far better, it introduces newbies to new heroes while still giving them a choice.
    But SD gives good players a higher chance to pick a hero they're good with, since they're given 3 random choices - not 1 random choice.

Edited:

lmao are you for real?

You were just arguing that AR is more balanced than CM or AP, make up your fucking mind.
    Uhh how does that NOT balance the game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    June 2011
    8,795 Posts
    But SD gives good players a higher chance to pick a hero they're good with, since they're given 3 random choices - not 1 random choice.
    A good player is going to be good, or at least decent, with all heroes, by time you've played long enough to be considered "good" at dota 2 you will have at least played every hero once and have enough understanding of the game that you'll still fuck new players up regardless of who you play (exception being Invoker, mabye).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #147
    July 2010
    5,171 Posts
    A good player is going to be good, or at least decent, with all heroes, by time you've played long enough to be considered "good" at dota 2 you will have at least played every hero once and have enough understanding of the game that you'll still fuck new players up regardless of who you play (exception being Invoker).
    Yes but you're assuming that teams won't be reasonably balanced between old and new players & that players won't help each other as they go along.
    Also keep in mind that we never play games with 100% new players. We don't really open the door to new players until they have a basic idea of the micro & macrogame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

28. Post #148
    June 2011
    8,795 Posts
    Yes but you're assuming that teams won't be reasonably balanced between old and new players & that players won't help each other as they go along.
    Also keep in mind that we never play games with 100% new players. We don't really open the door to new players until they have a basic idea of the micro & macrogame.
    Stop.

Seriously just stop trying, you said earlier that getting a balanced game together was hard, stop going around in circles and contradicting what you said previously.

29. Post #149
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Please Reimu stop being dumbshit, AR is the worst mode, it's not fun, and people are going to complain even more "because of all carry team"/"I didn't get a hero I can play".

If you think these rules were anywhere near good, either you're stupid or you're SnowCanary's personal slave, which wouldn't surprise me much to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    July 2010
    5,171 Posts
    No need to get nasty.

We're just trying to balance the games properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    June 2011
    8,795 Posts
    No need to get nasty.

We're just trying to balance the games properly.
    Well you're doing a terrible job at it.

32. Post #152
    March 2011
    1,556 Posts
    I think what Reimu (and Snow) are trying to accomplish is trying to have a balance between fun, and people just complaining. Trying to get the lesser of the evils, basically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    April 2009
    8,518 Posts
    Well you're doing a terrible job at it.
    Yeah it just doesn't work that way.

34. Post #154
    July 2010
    5,171 Posts
    Trust me, when we've done these AR games in the past we've seen much less rage and anger post-game compared to, say, AP or CM.

There's less room to complain when so much of the game is in the hands of the PC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    Trust me, when we've done these AR games in the past we've seen much less rage and anger post-game compared to, say, AP or CM.

There's less room to complain when so much of the game is in the hands of the PC.
    then one team gets all their mains while the whole other team is supports
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,027 Posts
    What you people have against All Random ? You don't want to pick until its 10 seconds in-game and 9 other heroes are picked so you can evaluate them and pick closest possible hard carry to all of them?

In all seriousness, all random is fun mode, I personally play random and while it can be aggravating (Ok, I want a simple game today : 1st = Invoker, 2nd = Invoker, 3rd = Chen, 4rd = Enchantress ....kill me) it is also the best way to learn heroes naturally and is even more fun to come up with strategies/ideas on the run.

Sure, you might be best Nature's Profit around, but you don't have to play him to show us. You talk, you post better matches, this way we learn about your proficiencies. We want to play with other FPers for fun I guess, not tournament-epeen100% mode.

Yes, balancing might be an issue, but Dota is such an open game, a team of carries can win if played smart and team of supports doesn't have to be as harmless as it might seem at first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,594 Posts
    why don't you discuss this in the steam group's chat room?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,027 Posts
    To be honest, if you want to organise Inhouses, just make a rotation with 1 day being AR, one being CM ,etc.

Different folkes, different strokes, and we have all the time in the world to spread strokes around so that all folkes are happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #159
    March 2011
    1,556 Posts
    - Pubstomps that occur will not be discussed.
    - Really try to finish a one-sided game as fast as possible, nobody wants to wait ages.
    - Inhouses must be announced at least one hour beforehand for fairness.
    - Leaving is no longer punishable if you deem it is needed.

- Feeding is unavoidable during a stomp, but try not to feed. Feeders will be banned.
    - Oftentimes in Captains Mode scrimmages, mains are banned. No banning mains.
    - Oftentimes in Captains Mode scrimmages, mains are picked. No picking mains.
    - Leaving during the pick stage is a permaban.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 16Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    July 2010
    5,171 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Zing Zing x 1 (list)