1. Post #721
    Game releases in a week, except the update then.

A big one, I imagine.
    Oops... that was meant for the tribes thread...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #722
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Are they going to allow you get replacements for disconnected players in pub games?
    this is a good idea why is it being rated dumb

but then again why would anyone wanna queue for games that are lost lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #723
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    The match ID to the picture I posted is 1011839

it didn't go too terrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #724
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,942 Posts
    God, first time i've went on a massive losing streak in sometime.

No matter who I match maked with always some rude faggot on the other team gets fed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    I don't think I've ever been on a loss streak, it's either been a max of 2 or 3 which isn't a streak imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #726
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,572 Posts
    I don't think I've ever been on a loss streak, it's either been a max of 2 or 3 which isn't a streak imo.
    6 losses is a streak.
    And it's also what I'm on.
    And enough that I thought about rage-uninstalling for a second at the end of my last game, because we were owning until they kept killing Tide and I(Drow) while he was out trying to ward.

And things just fell to shit after that, since I was the only carry on the team, and Tide held on to those wards like his life depended on him being the one to place him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #727
    January 2012
    941 Posts
    Hey guys, what hero should i play with today? Select one for me :V

8. Post #728
    zeus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #729
    January 2012
    941 Posts
    He's too squishy & played before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #730
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,942 Posts
    6 losses is a streak.
    And it's also what I'm on.
    And enough that I thought about rage-uninstalling for a second at the end of my last game, because we were owning until they kept killing Tide and I(Drow) while he was out trying to ward.

And things just fell to shit after that, since I was the only carry on the team, and Tide held on to those wards like his life depended on him being the one to place him.
    Yeah I just had my 6th loss, the match went on for over a good hour, both teams pushing and countering one another but it just wasn't enough, I hate storm spirit so much. But then again I hate all heroes that just blink away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #731
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts
    Chen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #732
    January 2012
    941 Posts
    Is it hard to play? Is it a carry, or a support hero? Any tips?

13. Post #733
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts
    Is it hard to play? Is it a carry, or a support hero? Any tips?
    Support that can control charmed creeps that get bonus HP and stay until dead.
    With his 3rd ability maxed you have :
    - A hero to control with Nuke + Slow + Global Heal + delayed TP back to base for allies + charming ability
    - Up to 3 units controlled additionally that previously were neutral/enemy/allied creeps (Centaur Khans, etc)

have fun, he is pretty much as much starcraft as you can get in Dota.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

14. Post #734
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,942 Posts
    Support that can control charmed creeps that get bonus HP and stay until dead.
    With his 3rd ability maxed you have :
    - A hero to control with Nuke + Slow + Global Heal + delayed TP back to base for allies + charming ability
    - Up to 3 units controlled additionally that previously were neutral/enemy/allied creeps (Centaur Khans, etc)

have fun, he is pretty much as much starcraft as you can get in Dota.
    You forgot that Enchantress could end up with Chen and her having a tug of war over the creeps.

15. Post #735
    January 2012
    941 Posts
    QUICK tell heroes that are anti ursa...

16. Post #736
    Frequent Habbo Hotel player. PM for free furniture
    January 2010
    7,070 Posts
    lifestealer

Edited:
    wards.

anybody with a stun.
    this too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    14,930 Posts
    wards.

anybody with a stun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #738
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,942 Posts
    Viper, Veno or Drow ranger, someone who can effectively slow him down while keeping their distance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #739
    January 2012
    941 Posts
    Well Chen is fun, but it seems like a hard one. Question is, who to persuate, and how to do damage?

Edited:

As far as i saw, Chen is supposed to jungle, get an army and THEN push.

20. Post #740
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts
    Well Chen is fun, but it seems like a hard one. Question is, who to persuate, and how to do damage?

Edited:

As far as i saw, Chen is supposed to jungle, get an army and THEN push.
    Well, it depends.

Khans = stuns
    Satyr = aura and dmg spell
    Troll = disable and skeletons for push
    Wolf = damage aura
    some troll = mana aura

List goes on.

Pick your army.

21. Post #741
    September 2009
    835 Posts
    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the game (and have read the OP). I've been enjoying playing heroes such as Lich, Crystal Maiden and Ancient Apparition. Any suggestions to other heroes I'd like?

22. Post #742
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts
    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the game (and have read the OP). I've been enjoying playing heroes such as Lich, Crystal Maiden and Ancient Apparition. Any suggestions to other heroes I'd like?
    Those are all ranged supports.

Try Dazzle, Shadow Shaman, Warlock, Witch Doctor and Lion (same deal as those above).

In terms of simple heroes in different roles :
    Skeleton King - carry
    Drow Ranger - carry
    Tidehunter - initiator
    Anti-mage - carry
    Earthshaker - initiator/ganker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #743
    January 2012
    941 Posts
    Chen is AMAZING.

Edited:

Going 5/2 ATM.

24. Post #744

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    Because Drow is a squishie carry who scales well late game, I recommend her.
    She helps teach the basics of carrying while not being too difficult nor making you overconfident.

25. Post #745
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts
    Because Drow is a squishie carry who scales well late game, I recommend her.
    She helps teach the basics of carrying while not being too difficult nor making you overconfident.
    Well, she is squishy and requires good last-hitting senses. I recommender her because of her tool-set, very simple and clean.

If you want a Carry that helps you really learn carrying, DK is quite good. With just a couple of things to learn (soul ring - dragon breath, saving 1st lvl ult for tower pushing,etc). He is melee, so quelling blade can help in line and he is durable, i.e. less unforgiving that Drow's squishiness.

To be honest, an interesting carry progression in terms of confidece could be this :

Skeleton King (str hero, free aegis) --> Anti-mage (durable, blink) --> Faceless void (disable, dodge, ultimate) --> Drow --> Morph

You start with hero that is rather easy to farm up and doesn't worry much about dying, then into heroes that have good tools for escaping, into a hero with less tools and higher farm dependance, into Morphling.

26. Post #746
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,396 Posts
    holy shit tiny is the best thing ever

Played with a 2/12 windrunner, stopped giving a fuck about anything, farmed to hell, got level 25 by 40 mins, pushed with scepter and won

feels good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #747
    October 2009
    12,667 Posts
    I wish I didn't stop playing tiny. I used to be good with him and now when I try him I end up doing okay but not as great as I used to do. Oh well I'll probably play him a couple games in a row soon and get the hang of him again. I need to find more heroes to play.

28. Post #748
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,263 Posts
    is there a good guide to morphling anywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

29. Post #749
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,198 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

30. Post #750
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    is there a good guide to morphling anywhere
    http://www.playdota.com/guides/most-...orphling-guide

this is the guide i used when i started playing morphling and it worked pretty well for me

Edited:

what are you doing

Edited:

btw i do not recommend playing morph unless you have a party of 3-5 that can support you and know the playstyle required
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #751

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    Honestly, I began learning with skele king but really learned about carrying from Drow. The fact that she has such precise last hits, is squishie, needs to alternate between farming and fighting, etc. really helped me learn a bit.

It's just the fact that she's so weak can be unforgiving. I've seen a lot more newer players fuck up with her than I have seen newer players do well with her because they get overconfident or don't know when to fall back.

Edited:

Also, how to trashtalk after a game of DOTA 2:
    "NOOBS
    NOOBS
    NOOBS"

Based on a true encounter with Huskar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #752
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,012 Posts
    this is a good idea why is it being rated dumb

but then again why would anyone wanna queue for games that are lost lol
    What's funny is last night I had a dream where I got sucked into a game like this. I was placed as a tiny at level 25, and the guy who first played him that I replaced leveled up his first skill twice and his stats the rest of the time

33. Post #753
    October 2010
    12,254 Posts
    So uhh.. what were the default binds for the Control Group 1-6, again? I don't have them binded right now.

And how do they work, say if I have the Nature-hero with treants? or Lone Druid

Edited:

I mean meh.. I still haven't settled with the key bindings. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

34. Post #754
    I BOUGHT THIS WITH BLOOD MONEY
    June 2011
    4,146 Posts

Games like these make me sick, omni bashed me whole game when I missed 2 stuns because enemies stopped chasing him, if they continued, they would've gotten stunned. He kept whining and whining, then complaimed about my skill build, I took a moment to actually look at his - OMNIKNIGHT HAD 3 AT DEGEN AURA AND 0 ON REPEL. Oh my fucking god, how do people like this actually exist, bad players should fucking ask for tips and play support, help and not fucking bash for no reason. I'm not against bad players, but the ones that are actualy bad and shit talk are just a fucking pain. He also insisted me to push my lane against tide hunter, huskar and clockwerk in one lane, golly gee, what a strategy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #755
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,200 Posts

Games like these are buckets of fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

36. Post #756
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    i rape your mother in lane you have nothing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #757
    i rape your mother in lane you have nothing
    art of trolling|killmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #758
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts

Games like these are buckets of fun
    Let me show you image from enemy team minds after that game :

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #759
    November 2007
    1,064 Posts
    Thinking of specializing in pushing, who's a good pusher for a newbie?

I've played with Pudge and Venomacer so far.

40. Post #760
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,540 Posts
    Venomancer. He has very good disables and doesn't require as much micro as people like Furion, Lycan or Syllabear.

Shadow Shaman is another option if you don't like Venomancer, wards are also more useful in a team fight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)