1. Post #3201
    May 2009
    1,548 Posts
    I am so fucking angry right now it is beyond words. I don't want to just fucking yell, I want to go out and physically harm someone.

This fucking Anti-Mage randoms. I pick Morphling and boat picks Jakiro. We lane together and Axe and Necrolyte are trying to do that silly lane cut off crap which never works. I get first blood, Anti-Mage comes up from mid (you're reading that right) and gets Axe and boat gets Axe. They keep trying to cut off the lane and fail every time. We lose the tower before 10 min but it's a deny and we've just been fed free kills top so nothing to feel bad about. I have a great lane to farm in now. Anti-Mage, this little cock sucking faggot, comes top and starts complaining how he has no farm and starts relentlessly pushing the lane. I don't get him get any last hits. We kill the tower and now my farming lane is fucked up. Anti-Mage, so God damn butt hurt that I didn't let him farm, AFK's the rest of the game as we fucking lose because of that little cock sucker. I was doing so God damn well in lane. I thought the game was a fucking easy win. NOPE.

I have no fucking idea what compels people to be such fucking MORONS. Every time I play Morphling the game goes so well on a personal level and then some little cunt rag fucks it up for everyone.

E: I was apparently wrong and Anti-Mage got NO kills at all that game.
    I think something else went wrong there, I've won several matches where 1 or 2 players in my team were not playing or were playing bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

2. Post #3202
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    I think something else went wrong there, I've won several matches where 1 or 2 players in my team were not playing or were playing bad.
    no i think that us playing 4v5 with a rambo earthshaker and no leaver gold might have been the fucking problem. but yet again if u won a game 4v5 once i guess that cant be true
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3203
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,148 Posts

I compound the terribleness of that last game into words.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

4. Post #3204
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,518 Posts
    I hate those public matches where your entire team are jackasses you recognize from previous games and they all do the same exact thing you hated them for the last time. I would willingly wait longer to blacklist and avoid playing with some of these people I keep running into.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #3205
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,914 Posts
    Small update to the item schema for DOTA2 - Most of the cosmetic items have been moved over to the DOTA 2 Beta/Test/internal, while on the main DOTA 2 one they've added a "test drop item".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #3206

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    Dipshit teams are almost synonymous with queues that have less than 3 players though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #3207
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,317 Posts
    so i did a game today and the enemy team had 4 people with the same clan tag - one of them was a riki. in the list of players that you can view up top and the results screen, his name was something like |DN| Deserrt but whenever he was mentioned in the game(like kills, deaths, etc) his name showed up as IceFrog. His avatar was the one icefrog uses on the dota 2 beta forums(dunno if he uses it on playdota) so I was wondering if I just played a game with icefrog on the enemy team

http://steamcommunity.com/id/srb2mil...69429134469565
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #3208
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,194 Posts

It begins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #3209
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,914 Posts
    The hattening is upon us!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #3210

July 2010
    4,575 Posts

It may be closer than you think.
    Apparently you can find items.

Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #3211
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,194 Posts
    Guys I'm trading my Unusual Mask of Juggernaut.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #3212
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,914 Posts
    S> Unusual Courier with Rainbow Trail
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #3213
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,548 Posts
    Guys I'm trading my Unusual Mask of Juggernaut.
    What's the effect? don't want flies or confetti.

Edited:

i.e. valve go shove your stupid cosmetics up your ass and sell the game for 50 bucks instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #3214
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,914 Posts
    Guys, I think someone said there was going to be a console command/cvar to disable cosmetics if you don't want to see them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3215
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    I think Invoker has some badass lines.

Remember me... for I will remember you.
    Does that play of you have aegis or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #3216
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    I wonder...

"fastres"

fast Resurrection???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #3217
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    Lines with the "fastres" phrase in their files = lines that play when killed while having the aegis

Edited:

I wonder...

"fastres"

fast Resurrection???
    yes

18. Post #3218
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,571 Posts
    Lines with the "fastres" phrase in their files = lines that play when killed while having the aegis

Edited:

yes
    Actually no, it's played when you respawn quickly. IE, if you buyback, have a bloodstone with a lot of charges, or it's early in the game.

"fastres" = fast respawn

Edited:

Or who knows, maybe we're both right.

Pretty sure I've heard that line after an early death before, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #3219
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    Actually no, it's played when you respawn quickly. IE, if you buyback, have a bloodstone with a lot of charges, or it's early in the game.

"fastres" = fast respawn

Edited:

Or who knows, maybe we're both right.

Pretty sure I've heard that line after an early death before, though.
    That makes sense, we are probably both right.

20. Post #3220
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #3221
    May 2011
    1,908 Posts

It may be closer than you think.
    Apparently you can find items.

Fuck.
    Excellent, the hour of Orca belly-flopping Tidehunters draws closer!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #3222
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,194 Posts
    Oh fuck I just got an item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

23. Post #3223
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    Guys, I think someone said there was going to be a console command/cvar to disable cosmetics if you don't want to see them.
    If this is true, keeping it on. I like the characters as they are now. (wouldn't want to see Sven with a different mask, etc.)

24. Post #3224
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,148 Posts
    That was a fast month. New thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

25. Post #3225
    July 2010
    696 Posts
    If this is true, Valve are the ultimate bros.

It would rock for tournaments as well, so spectators get a simple view and hosts don't have to have stupid "remove cosmetics" rule on their players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

26. Post #3226
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    Is anyone else kind of bothered by the lack of video options in this game? On and off shouldn't be my only AA options.

27. Post #3227
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,548 Posts
    If this is true, Valve are the ultimate bros.

It would rock for tournaments as well, so spectators get a simple view and hosts don't have to have stupid "remove cosmetics" rule on their players.
    That's never going to happen. People have been asking for that option in tf2 since all the retarded cosmetics came out. Do we have the option to disable them? no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #3228
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,743 Posts
    I honestly can't see the problem people have with cosmetic items and why they need an option to turn them off. Dimwits buy them and pump Valve full of money so they can continue updating the game and making more, if you could turn them off, less people would buy them.
    I'd be willing to see a Sven with a pink fedora if it was for the greater good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #3229
    December 2009
    5,965 Posts
    cosmetics aren't that bad, even in TF2 they are a good thing. They've kept the game alive for years as well as creating the possibility to make money off of the game, it's also very easy to ignore cosmetics since it's not a mandatory thing to have or trade them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #3230
    April 2007
    4,800 Posts
    I honestly can't see the problem people have with cosmetic items and why they need an option to turn them off. Dimwits buy them and pump Valve full of money so they can continue updating the game and making more, if you could turn them off, less people would buy them.
    I'd be willing to see a Sven with a pink fedora if it was for the greater good.

People, for the love of all that's holy, THINK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

31. Post #3231

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    I don't think Valve is going to go all out with cosmetics for DOTA this time around. They really milked the system for TF2, in-part because TF2 is a very wide-reaching and casual game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #3232
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts

People, for the love of all that's holy, THINK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME
    There needs to be flames spewing out of the max hat which is painted pink as hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)