1. Post #881
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,402 Posts
    yeah standing still to cast a shitty slow while I'm beign chased will sure save me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

2. Post #882
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    yeah stading still to cast a shitty slow while I'm beign chased will sure save me
    do you know what animation cancelling is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Zing Zing x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #883
    May 2011
    3,237 Posts
    I never get Shrapnel on Sniper, shitty spell which is only there to deplete your manabar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #884
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    I never get Shrapnel on Sniper, shitty spell which is only there to deplete your manabar.
    Your mana bar which only has a use at level 6-11.

Before then, it's the only thing you can cast. Afterwords, your int gain is high enough where you can give 0 fucks about regen even with no regen items.

Shrapnel is a great slow, but if you don't bother using it that probably explains why you think sniper sucks so much.

That said, I have a terrible record as sniper because I played like my first 25 games as him. Before I knew what the fuck I was doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

5. Post #885
    May 2011
    3,237 Posts
    Well my core item on sniper is forcestaff, which I use to get on top of cliffs so I can snipe them from places they can't reach.

So I don't know really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #886
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,007 Posts
    Well my core item on sniper is forcestaff, which I use to get on top of cliffs so I can snipe them from places they can't reach.

So I don't know really.
    This could be useful, if enemies didn't have any ranged hero. Otherwise ,sitting duck if they got any ranged + ranged stun. Imagine mirana arrowing you there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

7. Post #887
    October 2009
    12,686 Posts
    I love playing pudge. I just need to be awake while playing him and I need a bit more practice with him. But he's just so fun to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #888
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,007 Posts
    I love playing pudge. I just need to be awake while playing him and I need a bit more practice with him. But he's just so fun to play.
    True, we could use some more "physical" spells like Hook. I think most those spells that involve moving people are also some of the most fun spells. And push stick.

Edited:

in my last 21 games (all random hero) I got carries 17 times.

Fuck you random button.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #889
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    if huskar life breaks or you get hooked/swapped youre fucked, its not meant to be a hard escape, its perfectly fine for putting distance between you and the enemy in chases
    It's not all hard to get out of if you have a ghost scepter/ethereal blade and some sort of stun/disable. I went 10/0 in a game where Huskar was focusing me, and I didn't die as I had that item.

10. Post #890
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,007 Posts
    It's not all hard to get out of if you have a ghost scepter/ethereal blade and some sort of stun/disable. I went 10/0 in a game where Huskar was focusing me, and I didn't die as I had that item.
    Too bad if Huskar is assited by some nuker. Hell, I was laning as Pugna with Huskar once, Lifebreak on etheral target is the dunk man.

11. Post #891
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,474 Posts
    You people are why I piss off other people asking if they get Shrapnel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #892
    June 2011
    8,759 Posts
    pro sniepr guide;
    1-5 stats
    6 assassinate
    7-10 stats
    11 assinate
    12-15 stats
    16 assassinate

dont forget to buy shadow blade and heart of terrorasqu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #893
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,513 Posts
    enigma laning is bad

he's super squishy and mana hungry, just woods with him
    Nah, sometimes I play him mid if no one wants to because his ecelon things make it so easy to last hit an deny. The person I was laning against always gets pissed when I am able to deny his creeps at half hp.

14. Post #894
    July 2010
    5,073 Posts
    my entire team had left, this was fun, prolonged it out to almost 50 (missing two items because I spent 12k in the last few minutes on 2 divines)

can't carry em all :C

I'm so new to drow I had no idea what to buy to make the most out of her, please help me here
    Oops I'm late here but:
    A good progression is wraith -> treads -> hotd -> manta/daedalus.
    HotD for lifesteal & stacking creeps. You need manta or daed to actually bridge you into late-game, because Drow's damage doesn't scale well early. After daed or manta you're virtually unstoppable as long as you don't do anything stupid/you're fed.
    Statistically your damage output from you & 2 illusions on manta is actually higher than daed, and manta is cheaper too. But you lose the ability to surpass that DPS when your illusions die/are on CD, so it's all personal preference.

These days I usually go wraith -> treads -> lothars -> daedalus just because, if you can fit in lothars under 20 mins, you can probably do some pretty sweet ganking with it which can feed you in-between teamfights & farming. Plus pub teams don't think to buy gem early and other counter measures.

15. Post #895
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,977 Posts
    25/2 as Viper in 30 minutes
    First blood at 3:31 on bloodseeker.

That game was a pure pub stomp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

16. Post #896
    October 2010
    12,963 Posts
    I could use a betakey for a friend, and im wondering if its maybe possible to trade for one?

all that i have to offer is TF2 shit worth of about 5-6 Refined metals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

17. Post #897
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,361 Posts
    Played Dota on a Lan a few days ago. Dota 2 now feels waaaay too slow. I still suck though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

18. Post #898
    October 2009
    12,686 Posts
    I hate when people feed so hard early game (3 deaths on one person by 3 minutes? How the fuck is that even possible?) and then I have to try and gank the already somewhat fed lanes as whatever ganker hero I'm playing as during early-mid.

19. Post #899
    April 2009
    8,513 Posts
    I find it pretty funny necrolyte skull chases you half across the map if you're fast enough to not get hit by it.

20. Post #900
    October 2009
    12,686 Posts
    I find it pretty funny necrolyte skull chases you half across the map if you're fast enough to not get hit by it.
    My friend was playing invoker and was able to out run it for several minutes (at least 2). It was pretty funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #901
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    I like when the skulls follow a necrolyte's ally and I just follow the skull and kill him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #902
    I BOUGHT THIS WITH BLOOD MONEY
    June 2011
    4,146 Posts
    People who complain about sniper not having enough mana to abuse shrapnel are funny. Sniper's int gain is fucking huge for an agi hero, not to mention you can get that aquil/whatever ring too.

23. Post #903
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,007 Posts
    People who complain about sniper not having enough mana to abuse shrapnel are funny. Sniper's int gain is fucking huge for an agi hero, not to mention you can get that aquil/whatever ring too.
    Still, manapool is enough for 1/2 shrapnels and Assasnite early (i.e. when mana regen is concern). Would you waste those 2 shrapnels for "harass/area denial" and not have team in following skirmish, or conserve them and use maybe 1 every while or so, to always have some mana regening.

24. Post #904
    I BOUGHT THIS WITH BLOOD MONEY
    June 2011
    4,146 Posts
    I'd use them both and kill the opposing hero(depends on what hero though), anyway, the sniper I played with didn't get the skill whole fucking game. WHOLE FUCKING GAME. That's 30% fucking aoe slow and 48dps. How can you trade that for stats

25. Post #905
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts
    Russians say the darndest things

"STGFU OR RAPORT"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

26. Post #906
    March 2010
    8,402 Posts
    Yeah

I'm playing bane, pudge misses hook, says "OMG HOOKS GO THRU ENEMIES IN DOTA 2 NOW"

I said "you just missed retard" and he goes "STGFU OR I RAPORT YOU"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

27. Post #907
    August 2011
    628 Posts
    Yeah

I'm playing bane, pudge misses hook, says "OMG HOOKS GO THRU ENEMIES IN DOTA 2 NOW"

I said "you just missed retard" and he goes "STGFU OR I RAPORT YOU"
    Wut? That was funny as hell... I would have burst on cursing him on the spot... the fool...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

28. Post #908
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,871 Posts
    I'm Half-Russian and even I call Russians in Dota 2 retarded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #909
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    WHAT DOES PIZDEC MEANS
    TELL ME YOUR SECRETS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #910
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts

"STGFU OR RAPORT"
    I get paired with dudes who just report the entire game if they lose and make sure to tell everyone "reported noobs kurwa goodbye"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #911
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,871 Posts
    WHAT DOES PIZDEC MEANS
    TELL ME YOUR SECRETS
    Cool I always wanted to be a translator
    Pizda means Vagina
    Pizdec means something like shit or fuck aka it's a swear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #912
    October 2009
    12,686 Posts
    I get paired with dudes who just report the entire game if they lose and make sure to tell everyone "reported noobs kurwa goodbye"
    I played a game earlier where we had a sniper and a sand king who just did fucking awful together. Sniper fed 3 kills in 3 minutes. Sand king gave first blood and another couple deaths early game. After the third death on sniper he just said "AFK Fuck this sand king." and afkd for 10 minutes. So me and the 2 others who didn't feed end up doing quite well and actually carry the game after a while. Level 5 sniper who has been in the fountain for about 15 minutes leaves the fountain and starts farming and acting like he was here the entire time and that he is the best player on our team. We still win and I report the sniper for being the dumb fuck that he is.

Seriously what the fuck is going through their minds when they play?

33. Post #913
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,007 Posts
    Polish now too ?

Does Dota corruption afflict entire east side of the Europe now ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #914
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,815 Posts

"STGFU OR RAPORT"
    I had some south american guy yelling at me on the mic (I THINK he was speaking spanish, I don't know because his accent was weird as fuck)

"Dude, I don't understand what you're saying"
    "SHADAPNOOB"

Edited:

I don't see the issue

I'm Brazilian, do you think I like players from my country?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

35. Post #915
    March 2010
    8,402 Posts
    I don't see the issue

I'm Brazilian, do you think I like players from my country?
    why wouldn't you

brazil es #1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

36. Post #916
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,247 Posts
    Br?

But to be honest, there are good guys. I ran once into a Russian guy, who did not only speak English, he also used his mic and was quite decent. So either totally or awesome.

Edited:

Also, nobody wants to play? I've been waiting in chat for quite some time now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

37. Post #917
    November 2007
    646 Posts
    I played with some Russian that couldn't speak english, but still knew what we were doing. He played good.

38. Post #918
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,815 Posts
    I only hate it when people that clearly can't speak proper english try to insult me, or explain why something is good/bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

39. Post #919
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,866 Posts
    I had brs and russians playing good on my team and against it, the bad players I get are either high, drunk or just completely horrible at playing and just laugh at everything when they die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guatemala Show Events

40. Post #920
    April 2009
    8,513 Posts
    So guys, I finally balanced out.

After months of trying to reach my goal of balancing out and wading through noobs, feeders, and disconnects, I think I can finally call myself Average
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)